New guys

New guys

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:03 pm

How did they perform tonight :?: :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: New guys

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:10 pm

I thought they were excellent, particularly Hurst. Considering they have not played football for so long I am very optimistic.
Morecambe Jack

Postby steve mfc » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:21 pm

As Jack has said, good footballers and not afraid to get stuck in, i read somewhere that Hurst is slow well he might not have lightning pace but he certainly isn't slow, certainly as quick as Duffy. Very good debut by both players, you can tell they have played at a higher level.
steve mfc

Postby Sammy h » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:29 pm

Both played very well.
Sammy h

Postby scalehallshrimp » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:31 pm

sounds good as if sammy knows what hye is doing not like the fans
scalehallshrimp

Postby ockers » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:35 pm

imho both played very well indeed
spencer and brown need another 90 and im sure will be back to their best v soon
Hurst was outstanding some lovely touches twisting turning and getting some crosses in and winning tackles
thought drummond was excellent midfield looked great tonight and im sure will get better seemed to be everywhere and parrish solid too but a great match and a well deserved point although at one stage i thought we were looking good for all three
a great game lots of positives and a great gutsy team performance and less predictable and creating lots of chances particularly in the second half
keepers busy at both ends too with dunbavin pulling off some cracking saves
coley and barry roche at the end though the draw a fair result even if they offered differing opinions on the pen
ockers

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:36 pm

Very pleased on first showing. Glad to see the rest of the lads pull their socks up and keep up with them. Capaldis throw caused massive problems in the box and lead to the goal. Baz, Paz and Drummy deserve a well deserved mention. Spencer will be black and blue after the mauling he had tonight. We did get away with a few crosses along the front of the goal line tonight.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:36 pm

yeah, silly us, what does hye mean
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Sammy h » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:39 pm

ockers wrote:imho both played very well indeed
spencer and brown need another 90 and im sure will be back to their best v soon
Hurst was outstanding some lovely touches twisting turning and getting some crosses in and winning tackles
thought drummond was excellent midfield looked great tonight and im sure will get better seemed to be everywhere and parrish solid too but a great match and a well deserved point although at one stage i thought we were looking good for all three
a great game lots of positives and a great gutsy team performance and less predictable and creating lots of chances particularly in the second half
keepers busy at both ends too with dunbavin pulling off some cracking saves
coley and barry roche at the end though the draw a fair result even if they offered differing opinions on the pen

You have to be having a laugh, I think it was one of the worst 90 minutes of football I have ever seen. An average performance by two average teams. To say Hurst was 'outstanding' is laughable.
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Obviously not at Oxford or Hereford then Sam
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:48 pm

Bumpy pitch didn't help, but both sides played attacking football - I can't remember a pass that went backwards and very few sideways.

Plenty of chances at either end and a lot of commitment from both sides. Accy played some neat inter-passing play especially early on and we went at them like a train at the start of the second half.

End to end, one side attacking then the other.

Hurst showed very neat close control, good with either foot, turned one way then the other, hardly lost a ball or misplaced a pass all night and got some good crosses in. Like to see him in a more central or forward role because he certainly has skill, a good awareness, nice touch and not short of pace at all.

Holdsworth very tidy and both worked hard.

I enjoyed the game and was pleased with the new players.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Sammy h » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:00 am

shrimper wrote:Bumpy pitch didn't help, but both sides played attacking football - I can't remember a pass that went backwards and very few sideways.

Probably because most of it was hoof ball.
Sammy h

Postby Sammy h » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:04 am

marky No.1 wrote:Obviously not at Oxford or Hereford then Sam

I wasn't no...
Sammy h

Postby thegentlegiant » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:05 am

Both played very well IMO, just hope they can keep injury free and show us what they can do on a proper pitch, accy's is not fit for purpose!
thegentlegiant

Postby steve mfc » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:09 am

thegentlegiant wrote:Both played very well IMO, just hope they can keep injury free and show us what they can do on a proper pitch, accy's is not fit for purpose!

They spent £70,000 on it in the close season, think they need their money back.
steve mfc

Postby thegentlegiant » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:17 am

steve mfc wrote:
thegentlegiant wrote:Both played very well IMO, just hope they can keep injury free and show us what they can do on a proper pitch, accy's is not fit for purpose!

Heard that while I was there, absolute joke, when are the league going to do something about accy, their ground and pitch are not fit for purpose in the Unibond let alone the League.
thegentlegiant

Postby thegentlegiant » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:18 am

thegentlegiant wrote:
steve mfc wrote:

Heard that while I was there, absolute joke, when are the league going to do something about accy, their ground and pitch are not fit for purpose in the Unibond let alone the League.

Although saying that there fans are brilliant and they deserve much better!!
thegentlegiant

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:29 am

Those toilet facilities are awful, no way should the ladies have to share the same "boxes" as the gents. Personally I would prefer the outdoor walls at kit kat. crescent, or saltergate as was and that is saying something. The mudbath of a car park can't pass for anything surely?
marky No.1

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:33 am

marky No.1 wrote:Those toilet facilities are awful, no way should the ladies have to share the same "boxes" as the gents. Personally I would prefer the outdoor walls at kit kat. crescent, or saltergate as was and that is saying something. The mudbath of a car park can't pass for anything surely?

So what ya saying :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:37 am

shrimpnsave wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Those toilet facilities are awful, no way should the ladies have to share the same "boxes" as the gents. Personally I would prefer the outdoor walls at kit kat. crescent, or saltergate as was and that is saying something. The mudbath of a car park can't pass for anything surely?

So what ya saying :lol: :lol:

Well actually now I have read it, it could mean anything you want it to. Have you listened to Kenny Dalgleish? :lol:
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:25 pm

The new lads both had really good debuts; you wouldn't have known that they were recent additions. They slotted right in and contributed to a performance that was much better than in recent weeks. There are still areas for improvement, but the second half in particular must give optimism for shrimps fans. Stanley will be forgotten in a month, those who have lost a drinking partner should button it and give the players who are on the pitch their full support.
RedRedWine1

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Both did well, Hurst looks decent and Holdsworth was very solid. Would like to see hurst on a nice pitch, spencer and jevo even though didn't set the world alight still looked promising together.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby BLS BOY » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Hurst - Not gifted with any great pace, but agree entirely that he does a lot of "thinking football", and has a clever footballing brain. He used that to his advantage tonight on a sticky surface...(something which we have played on before over recent seasons) using some neat and tidy touches. His off-the-ball work was clever too, and I think he played as best he could.

Holdsworth - Despite his lack of height and physique personally I thought he did ok at best. As mentioned elswhere on S.V, Accy did utilise their left-flank regularly and Putterill looked a tricky player. It was down to him not cutting out a pass that led to the penalty. I'm sure in time he will be a solid addition but i'll have to reserve judgement.

100% agree on the pitch aspect though...although i'm just pleased to see a game go ahead as in truth, we have struggled over winter...
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:45 pm

Both were excellent. Craig who?
Bare Ben

Return to General Discussion