Accy game

Accy game

Postby steve mfc » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Should Sammy put Holdsworth and Hurst straight into the starting lineup against Accy ?.

Would it be a big gamble when you consider that neither player has had virtually any first team football this season, also with so many reserve matches being postponed their chance of playing any competitive football has been severally limited.

They may well be physically fit enough to play but what about their match sharpness.

Hard enough at the best of times to hit the ground running when you have been out for a long time but against a Stanley team who will close you down and not give you any time on the ball, it just makes it that more difficult.

On the other hand changes need to be made and it would be just as big if not a bigger gamble to leave the side unchanged.

Personally i would be inclined to start with either Holdsworth or Hurst in the right midfield position with a view to introducing the other as a sub, difficult decision for Sammy to make but he will have been able to see both players in training.

My team would be.

........................................................Roche..............................................................

...Parrish...............McCready...................................Charnock.......................Capaldi......

Holdsworth/Hurst..............Stanley.............................Fleming.........................Wilson.....

.........................................................Shuker.........................................................

.........................................................Spencer.........................................................
steve mfc

Re: Accy game

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:01 pm

....he will also have seen Hurst in action during the recent friendly v Carlisle during the cold weather. It's quite possible that that is when the Hurst deal was first discussed between each management team.

Get them both in for the Accy game. It gives Coley something to think about rather than the same old same old!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby steve mfc » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Christies Child wrote:....he will also have seen Hurst in action during the recent friendly v Carlisle during the cold weather. It's quite possible that that is when the Hurst deal was first discussed between each management team.

Get them both in for the Accy game. It gives Coley something to think about rather than the same old same old!

Well i was just thinking about the game last season at their ground when Sammy put Panther straight back into the side after being out for several weeks, he was way off the pace of the game and was constantly caught in possession, if their ready than fair enough, one things for sure we need 11 players who are fully fit and really up for it.

Talking about that game last season out of the starting eleven plus the subs 8 are no longer at the club :shock: , Artell, Haining, Panther, Duffy, Davies, Moss, Curtis, and Twiss, that's some turnover.
steve mfc

Postby Ntini » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:22 am

I'm actually quite worried for Sammy, as I fear the axe may fall on Andy Parrish for the next game. I would imagine that Holdsworth and Hurst would go into the two right-sided positions straight away. That means that Andy Parrish either moves inside at the cost of McCready or Charnock (who both seem to be favoured by Sammy) or he loses his place, and I don't think that would go down well with some fans.

There is obviously a defensive problem, and some have suggested that this comes from midfield. The only other possibility, therefore, is the old wingbacks formation with McCready, Charnock and Parrish in the middle, but then who do you drop?

I'll throw this one out there just to aid the discussion... see where I'm coming from???

_________________ROCHE_________________

______PARRISH__McCREADY__CHARNOCK_____

HOLDSWORTH_____________________CAPALDI

______HURST____STANLEY___WILSON_______

__________SPENCER_____JEVONS___________
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby ezz » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:36 pm

Absolutely, both come in we lost our last match with a poor performance. We never beat stanley, but these 2 new players dont know this :lol:
Hopefully they'll both score and dump stanley ont heir own turf
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby shrimper » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:42 pm

Sammy axe Parrish? Nah!

I reckon Sammy picks up his team sheet and goes: "Okay, Rochey,... Parrish.. erm, right Lils come here and let's sort the team out for this week...."

I'd go with

-----------------------Roche--------------
-----Parrish --- McCreadie ---- Charnock------
Holdsworth-----------------------------Wilson
-----------------Drummond-----------------------
-------Fleming----------------Hurst-----------
------------Spencer----Jevons-----------------

Get the new lads in quick as we can, let them bed in in actual games and then, if they're okay and injury-free, sign them up properly.

If we think Fleming's got potential, let's give him a run of games to the end of the season so he can establish himself and kick on next season.

Drummy hasn't been great last couple of games, neither has Stanners but I think we need one of them for a slightly more withdrawn central midfield role and Drummy fills that position slightly better (though I wouldn't complain if Stanners got the nod). Fleming and Hurst further forward (he may prefer Shuker to Fleming, though).

Wouldn't be unhappy with that line-up.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Aspers » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:58 pm

Hate to throw a spanner in the works but we could borrow Giigs, Berbatov and Scholes and we still wouldn't beat Accy. For some reason they do to us what we do to Bratfud.
Aspers

Postby steve mfc » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:34 pm

If we were to play a defensive midfielder then i would pick Flemming, he has a bit of pace and is not afraid to close down and get the tackles in, personally i don't think Stanley and Drummond defend the area outside the box well enough allowing the opposition to shoot or get a pass or cross into the box. Its not a new problem either but we never seem to learn by our mistakes. We know Accy will shoot from well outside the box so lets not give them the chance.
steve mfc

Postby parkyboy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:14 pm

Possible team against ACCY

ROCHE
HOLDSWORTH PARISH MCCREABY CHARNOCK
DRUMMOND FLEMING WILSON
HURST JEVONS SPENCER
parkyboy

Postby shrimper » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:25 pm

"We've got all the same players.... but not necessarily in the same order!"

:D
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:46 pm

Roche
Parrish McCready Charnock Capaldi
Holdsworth Hurst Stanley Wilson
Spencer Jevons
Little Shrimp

Postby outsider » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:07 pm

Roche
Parrish McCready Charnock Capaldi
Holdsworth
Shuker Stanley Wilson
Spencer Jevons

Holdworth in a holding role, where Scott should have been playing this season if he had been fit.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:30 pm

Ntini wrote:I'm actually quite worried for Sammy, as I fear the axe may fall on Andy Parrish for the next game. I would imagine that Holdsworth and Hurst would go into the two right-sided positions straight away. That means that Andy Parrish either moves inside at the cost of McCready or Charnock (who both seem to be favoured by Sammy) or he loses his place, and I don't think that would go down well with some fans.

If he did drop Parrish, easily our best player this season and probably nailed on for Player of the Year awards, then he should be sacked on the spot. Even he's not stupid enough to do that, though.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:32 pm

marky wrote:
Ntini wrote:I'm actually quite worried for Sammy, as I fear the axe may fall on Andy Parrish for the next game. I would imagine that Holdsworth and Hurst would go into the two right-sided positions straight away. That means that Andy Parrish either moves inside at the cost of McCready or Charnock (who both seem to be favoured by Sammy) or he loses his place, and I don't think that would go down well with some fans.

If he did drop Parrish, easily our best player this season and probably nailed on for Player of the Year awards, then he should be sacked on the spot. Even he's not stupid enough to do that, though.

Even he's not stupid enough to do that, though.[/quote]

dont be so sure :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Duffman » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:41 pm

marky wrote:

Well this season he dropped Duffy and one of our best players from last season has strangely not had a look in this season. :?
Duffman

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:04 pm

....................Roche
Holdsworth..Parrish..Charnock..Capaldi
...................McCready
Hurst...Drummond...Fleming.......Wilson
...................Jevons

This is how I think he will go, especially with Stanners going out to Torquay for a month.

Perhaps with Spencer instead of McCready in a 4-4-2.
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion