Eiji Kawashima o/t (Asian Final )

Eiji Kawashima o/t (Asian Final )

Postby Aspers » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm

Japans Keeper.
Played brilliantly tonight.
Currently playing in Belgium.
I bet Man Utd sign him.
As always they will be keeping their eye on the Asian market.
Park has retired from International duties, imagine the furore if Utd signed a Japanese player.
The rest of the Jap team are mediocre except for that quick forward.
Kewell should have scored 4.
Australia very average tonight
Aspers

Re: Eiji Kawashima o/t (Asian Final )

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:41 pm

Aspers wrote:The rest of the Jap team are mediocre except for that quick forward.

Is he Nippy?

It's nippy on the Isle of Man today!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:28 pm

Hey Aspers, what was the final score ?
Just got back from China after 3 weeks of watching the Asian Cup 2011, some good games as well
China managed to suck as they always do, whilst I enjoyed the Japan/South Korea semi as the best game, although the Australia v Iran game was good ( Harry Kewell winner with a header 2 mins from time ) then dismantling the Uzbeks 6-0 in their semi

Not knowing the result of the final yet, it was going to be the brain of Japan against the brawn of the Aussies, like Honda very much (got a good engine on him anyone ?) but the Aussies have a talented but rough crew (Carney of Blackpool and Lucas Neill) Kewell seems to have found his touch at Galatasaray whilst Schwarzer, Cahill and the guy with the Serbian surname who won player of the year ( too lazy to check ) are quality

Has the Asian Cup been shown a lot here in the UK as well ?
SimplyRed MFC

Postby Aspers » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:31 pm

1 - 0 japan. :lol:
Brilliant goal but slack marking from Oz.
Aspers

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Wow, that was so close to call and I thought the Aussies might just be too physical for Japan.
I bet the Aussies were really gutted as it looked like their name was on the Cup this time.
Did it get messy towards the end ? Any Reds ?
SimplyRed MFC

Postby Aspers » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:04 pm

No SR. it was physical but tbh Oz should have won.
Japan I think had about 2 or 3 chances 1 real 1 which went in. Schoolboy error from Oz central defender let the Jap away from him and the lad was unmarked to volley it home.
I thought Oz would be too physical for them as well and I honestly thought they would win.
Sydney FC and their captain Terry McFlynn start in the Asian champions league in March. Sydney are having a shocker of Liverpool proportions before Dalgleish this season. McFlynn is as usual trying his heart out probably Sydneys most consistant for the last 3 seasons. 8-)
Aspers

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:18 pm

An interesting point about the Asian Cup this month in Qatar, many Australian and Japanese fans who had flown in from their respective countries for the final with genuine tickets couldnt get in to the stadium as the Qatari authorities, fearing a big non-show in the stadium for their prestigious event, had given away loads of tickets to local people to ensure it was packed !

The World Cup should be fun !
SimplyRed MFC

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:19 pm

An interesting point about the Asian Cup this month in Qatar, many Australian and Japanese fans who had flown in from their respective countries for the final with genuine tickets couldnt get in to the stadium as the Qatari authorities, fearing a big non-show in the stadium for their prestigious event, had given away loads of tickets to local people to ensure it was packed !

The World Cup should be fun !
SimplyRed MFC

Return to General Discussion