Game OFF (29th January)

Re: Game OFF

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:39 pm

We have played games in much much worse conditions quite annoyed it's off really although it wasn't the clubs fault whats the point in having covers on the pitch if they can't cope with a bit of overnight frost.

Still this website is quite good for following the games that are on.
http://www.atdhe.net/
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:42 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Pathetic. :evil:

Never mind, it gives some just an excuse to have another go at the club. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The covers have been on, but its areas in the goalmouth that have caused the game to be off.

Covers have been on at other clubs but even their games are off.

Just one of those things.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby MfcChris » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Would anyone on here moaning want to be slide tackling and jumping on a rock hard surface?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Aspers » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:47 pm

Bloody Northern Cissies.
Australia V Japan is on in Doha and it's Winter there! 8-)
Aspers

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:09 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:Pathetic. :evil:

Never mind, it gives some just an excuse to have another go at the club. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The covers have been on, but its areas in the goalmouth that have caused the game to be off.

Covers have been on at other clubs but even their games are off.

Just one of those things.

Same problem at Carlisle today and the game still went ahead.
heysham_mfc

Postby Bryan » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:40 pm

Both Fleetwood and Southport played today. Bit of a 'mare' for us again i'm afraid. Have to say it was very cold last night though.
Bryan

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:48 pm

pitch was hard but the main problem was the club could not be sure that the freenuts and prawns would be defrosted on time :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:01 am

MfcChris wrote:Would anyone on here moaning want to be slide tackling and jumping on a rock hard surface?

I would, probably show more passion than most players at the moment too!
Sammy h

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:39 am

We'll never know what lies behind "frozen pitch" in terms of type of covers used and what exactly the groundstaff can do in these circumstances.
All I know is that Fleetwood and Southport appear to be able to play, but not us.
All three places are on the west coast with, presumably, similar temperatures, unless the frost is "localised frost".
I seem to recall Fleetwood playing at home on the day our home game with Aldershot was called off. :?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:04 am

......but Barrow's game was off!
Christies Child

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Christies Child wrote:......but Barrow's game was off!

But does that blow a hole in the ice of my opinion? It's still games on at Fleetwood and Southport! :?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:49 pm

Thanks for that CC, I have NEVER had a go at the club, until now. There was a football tournament on Lancaster and Morecambe College yesterday, I guess that was frozen as well. Spoke to Stanners last night also and he had no idea why it was off. It remains pathetic. :evil:
Bare Ben

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:02 pm

Referee decides if the game is ON or OFF.

Covers on since Wednesday. What more can the club have done. -6C according to Dickie Danson.
Christies Child

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:33 pm

It is a tough one on the club, they're in a no win situation from a fans perspective; call it off early and give supporters plenty of notice and they get slammed, fight like beavers to get the game on which ultimately may still get called off at the last minute and they still get hammered. At least the second option doesn't lead to the club incurring Macclesfield's travelling expenses.

Personally I thought that the club/officials were too quick to call this particular game off. Had they given it a chance I believe that they could have got this game on (even though I slipped on a patch of ice whilst cursing how stupid the decision). The sun was out early in the morning and stayed out for what was a lovely day. I'm lead to believe that despite poor recent showings we'd actually sold a decent amount of tickets for yesterdays postponed match (block C all but a sell out, the same goes for hospitality). I doubt we will see many return for a cold Tuesday night game later on in the year.
RedRedWine1

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:53 pm

What usually happens is that a representative of a club (usually the club secretary) will informed the referee in the morning if the game is playable or not, if the representative believes that it's okay then referee will arrive at his normal time and will also check the pitch, if he isn't happy the game is called off, that's why you get "late kick off's".

With reports of temperatures of (-5c) in your area and ground sheets are only effective above temperatures of (-4c) then that is why your representative called it off early.
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:03 pm

Oh hello again Sir!
How many of your respected gentlefolk will be partaking of the western shore this Saturday pray Sir?
seasonsinthesun

Postby Nerso (CTFC) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:14 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:Oh hello again Sir!
How many of your respected gentlefolk will be partaking of the western shore this Saturday pray Sir?

Probably around 150.
Nerso (CTFC)

Postby Sammy h » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:57 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Thanks for that CC, I have NEVER had a go at the club, until now. There was a football tournament on Lancaster and Morecambe College yesterday, I guess that was frozen as well. Spoke to Stanners last night also and he had no idea why it was off. It remains pathetic. :evil:

BARE BEN YOU HAVE BEEN CHALLENGED. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sammy h

Previous

Return to General Discussion