Egypt O/T

Egypt O/T

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:09 pm

Where next :idea:
Yemin :?: :?:
Last edited by shrimpnsave on Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: Egypt

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:11 pm

yeahman :!:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Re: Egypt

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:27 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:yeahman :!:

THANKS for that imput,was kind of expected ;)
shrimpnsave

Re: Egypt O/T

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:37 pm

I've been to Egypt...........................
Little Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:26 pm

I have been to Swowdi Arabiyeah.
mrpotatohead

Postby Plain Peter » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:51 pm

What makes me laugh is that both Tunisia and Egypt have been run by autocratic villainous governments for donkeys years.
Yet they are supported by the Yanks, UK and most other Western governments.
Sh*t was always likely to happen, this is it, the people have set out their stall and won't turn back.

Tourists should know better as well, but all they want is a cheap holiday.
Fortunately me and Doris had our 3 weeks in Tunisia in November, and next month it's another 3 weeks in Istanbul and Antalya :D
Plain Peter

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:54 pm

we are also being run by america peter, we are smithers, america is mister burns :roll:
mrpotatohead

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:10 am

Any travel advise gone out? Went last year to Sharm and planning on going again in the summer, don't think it has spread that far though.

Might be able to get a cheap deal :lol:
Sammy h

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:56 am

Sharm is alright at the moment (but could change in an instant!), avoid just about everwhere else unless travel is essential:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/travel-advice-by-country/middle-east-north-africa/egypt

Best place to keep up-to-date is on Aljazeera News (Freeview channel 89, after 1800 daily).

The current British Ambassador to Egypt, Dominic Asquith (great grandson of Herbie) was my last ever Countersigning officer in Riyadh, before I packed in the FCO.
He wrote of me "....if only Peter could shake off his rustier manifestations... :lol: ".
Last edited by Plain Peter on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plain Peter

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:00 am

mrpotatohead wrote:we are also being run by america peter, we are smithers, america is mister burns :roll:

Yep, and when it hits the fan the Yanks go into panic mode.
Plain Peter

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:09 am

one of our members is in sharm el sheck at the mo, he says it is a living hell, cold bacon, no ice, sarcastic waiter screwing his wife.......
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:05 pm

Where next :?:

The whole middle east :?:
shrimpnsave

Postby Sammy h » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:37 pm

Looks like Egypt is safe to go now 8-)
Sammy h

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:44 pm

Just booked a months vacation in saudi,,,will i be safe there :?:
shrimpnsave

Postby Sammy h » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:46 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:Just booked a months vacation in saudi,,,will i be safe there :?:

Hope you got a good price :lol:
Sammy h

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Sammy h wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:Just booked a months vacation in saudi,,,will i be safe there :?:

Hope you got a good price :lol:

all in flight accom ,beer and food for £1 :D
shrimpnsave

Postby Posh » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:49 pm

The utter hypocrisy of Western governments is being exposed by the people of the Middle East. Governments we've supported like Libya are now committing acts of genocide against their own people after trying the same against ours. Yet we still appear wholly behind the leadership in Bahrain who are murdering their people because we see them as a bulwark against the influence of Iran.

It's this kind of double-speak and sheer hypocrisy that was exposed through the Wikileaks' diplomatic cables. However instead of dealing with the murders, the corrupt and the brutal regimes of the Middle East we've left it to the people to die on the streets to do it for us. Instead governments threaten Wikileaks.

Instead of attacking companies for working with murderers and for bribing leaders we encourage it. Meanwhile we get companies to attack Wikileaks. What a f**ked up world we live in.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Posh wrote:The utter hypocrisy of Western governments is being exposed by the people of the Middle East. Governments we've supported like Libya are now committing acts of genocide against their own people after trying the same against ours. Yet we still appear wholly behind the leadership in Bahrain who are murdering their people because we see them as a bulwark against the influence of Iran.

It's this kind of double-speak and sheer hypocrisy that was exposed through the Wikileaks' diplomatic cables. However instead of dealing with the murders, the corrupt and the brutal regimes of the Middle East we've left it to the people to die on the streets to do it for us. Instead governments threaten Wikileaks.

Instead of attacking companies for working with murderers and for bribing leaders we encourage it. Meanwhile we get companies to attack Wikileaks. What a f**ked up world we live in.

my question is what does happen in a persons brain to a person like Muammar al-Gaddafi when hes been in power for 41 years,if it was you would you be the same person as before you came to power :?:

western intererfering more like for there greed for money

and also while i am ranting if your family were starving and a bar of gold or piece of bread was put in front of you what would you take as your salvation

Cantona style :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:43 am

Don't think so.
Saudi doesn't do run-of-the-mill tourism.
You'll only get a visa if you're a muslim going to Mecca for the Haj; or if you have a recognised sponsor (usually an employer eg British Aerospace).
Plain Peter

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:44 am

WHOOSH! :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Posh wrote:Governments we've supported like Libya are now committing acts of genocide against their own people after trying the same against ours.

Libya was in the wilderness wasn't it, then Mr Bliar went slavvering up to Gaddafi. The videos were on TV yesterday, made me feel sick!

Posh wrote:Yet we still appear wholly behind the leadership in Bahrain who are murdering their people because we see them as a bulwark against the influence of Iran.

American Fifth Fleet and all that. Bahrain is 70% pro-Iranian shi'ites, and the other 30% sunni. Not a good balance, especially with where tiny Bahrain sits on the map. As the shi'ites in Saudi Arabia are oppressed, there could be big bother if the Yanks abandoned Bahrain and Saudi.

Posh wrote:What a f**ked up world we live in.

Indeed. And it was good to see David Cameron being pro-active and getting his bum across to Egypt as soon as he could.
Plain Peter

Return to General Discussion