Fans Club for Morecambe

Re: Fans Club for Morecambe

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:15 pm

It has been particularly interesting following this thread and others regarding the sprouting of a new or potentially rejuvenated Supporters Club.

The level of enthusiasm and the speed with which this is taking shape can only indicate a profound desire with fans to play a part in the promotion and development of the club.

As the new stadium has gradually evolved it is heartening to find that the people running the club are taking such a great interest, and listening to what we, the fans, are asking for. This is so refreshing and makes everyone feel part of a caring family. The club have won praise for being a friendly club and both myself and Mrs Lion have commented many times on what a comforting feeling it is when everyone is valued, from the very young to the older supporters.

We wish you every success.
Caged Lion

Postby stoyles » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:04 pm

I believe all leaflets were distributed, I know all mine were( thanks jase).
stoyles

Postby outsider » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:14 pm

I saved a dozen for the works canteen, and a big one for the notice board
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby bigreddog » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:55 pm

Just a quick Thank you to all the fans, club staff and officials who helped hand out flyers on saturday and enabled the whole thing to happen. I hope to see you all tomorrow night at the Globe bar for the exploratory meeting. Ideas are still coming in, so many thanks for those, I'll try and feed back as much as possible tomorrow.

If you can't make it, or you know someone who can't be there, but would either like to volunteer for a role or has an idea then get them to pm on here, or call or text 07723956102 or they can e-mail me at darrenclifford123@btinternet.com

Many thanks again

Darren
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby bigreddog » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Many thanks to all the people that turned up to the meeting at the globe on tuesday, over 70 people there, and many thanks for all the contributions and the volunteers for positions. I will put the minutes of the meeting together and get them sent out and put on line as soon as I can, but the upshot is that the old supporters club has effectively been augmented and then rebranded and relaunched with a new steering committee prior to a formal AGM. we move forward together as the morecambe family, and we move forward in good spirits. positive changes and change that includes everybody.

we will be having a steering committee meeting very soon, followed by feedback to the Fans' Club Morecambe ( notice the move of the ' on the advice of a very knowledgeable former newspaper editor) we're also going to organise another flyer day where we will hand out membership forms at the ground, so look out for that one, and the directors of the club have also agreed to do a Q&A in the bar next month ( many thanks to Rod and Crossy for that)

any further queeries please feel free to give me an e-mail, text or call

Darren
Chair, Fans' Club Morecambe steering committee
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
bigreddog

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:48 pm

bigreddog wrote:Chair

Bare Ben

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:00 am

Is that a Manx chair by any chance?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Crazeenick » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:58 am

Great stuff Darren - we all appreciate your efforts and await further developments with keen anticipation!
Crazeenick

Postby bigreddog » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:59 pm

Just a quick update for everyone who's been keeping their eye on this issue. The first meeting of the steering committee of Fans' Club Morecambe will be happening on wednesday evening, and I'll update everyone on here as soon as possible after that.

Membership forms will be available at the ground this coming saturday for the game vs Macclesfield FC, membership will be free upto May 7th, by which times all the benefits of membership, contents of the Fans' Pack and of course membership fees will be set.

Membership forms can be returned via the club shop who have kindly agreed to have a returns box.

hope to see you on saturday for the game, and by the way, bring a friend.
Fans' Club Morecambe

bigreddog

Postby bigreddog » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:55 pm

The minutes of the meeting held at the globe bar are now available at the Fans' Club Facebook group at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&notif_t=group_activity

Membership forms will also be available from Saturday at the ground for the Macclesfield game. Forms can be returned to the club shop, Phill has kindly agreed to keep the box in there. Any further details please feel free to get in touch via the usual numbers.
Fans' Club Morecambe

bigreddog

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:27 am

The temporary home of the electronic web form for membership is now online.

You can now register online at Fans' club of Morecambe
thegentlegiant

Postby bigreddog » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:33 am

thegentlegiant wrote:The temporary home of the electronic web form for membership is now online.

nice one sam, you're a genious
Fans' Club Morecambe

bigreddog

Postby Enufznuf » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:36 am

We could do with a copy of the minutes for us non Facebookers please. :P
Enufznuf

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:03 am

bigreddog wrote:
thegentlegiant wrote:The temporary home of the electronic web form for membership is now online.

nice one sam, you're a genious

8-)

see you in the bar shortly mate :D
thegentlegiant

Postby Enufznuf » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:38 pm

Enufznuf wrote:We could do with a copy of the minutes for us non Facebookers please. :P

Any chance? Please?
Enufznuf

Postby bigreddog » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:47 pm

As requested, here are the minutes of the Fans' meeting. will also post executive minutes too as soon as i do them. will still get membership forms and the box to the club shop and we'll hand the rest out at the next home game.

Fans’ Club Morecambe
Putting the heart and soul into supporting Morecambe Football Club

Minutes of the general meeting 18th Jan 2011

1.Welcome and registration
1.1 A registration sheet was sent round the room (with over 70 attendees) and all welcomed by Darren. A minutes silence was held in memory of Robert “Scotty Bob” McCormick, a long standing shrimps supporter who had recently passed away.

1.Key Points concerning the supporters club
2.1 Darren paid tribute to the hard work done by Ian, Mike, Alison, Bob and Debbie, and an explanation was given to the recent history of the OMFCSC and the current situation

2.2 After an interesting debate a resolution was passed to accept and amend the current constitution and workings of the OMFCSC and “trade” as the newly branded “Fans’ Club of Morecambe”.

1.Interim Committee appointments
3.1 Nominations were sought to join the steering committee to move the club forward. The list consisting of Ian, Mike, Alison, Bob, Darren, Sam, Pat, Terry and Paul.

3.2 It was agreed that the steering committee would take on the organisational commitments of the supporters club up to a formal re-organisation and launch on Saturday 7th May 2011.

3.3 The committee will, in the meantime, arrange all the events and functions that would be expected of a fully functional organisation including fans’ communication, travel, membership and membership benfits.

1.Ideas for moving forward
4.1 ideas from the room were then sought from members present as to future projects and the directions of the supporters club( included as an appendix)

4.2 The Chief Executive of Morecambe FC, Mr Rod Taylor, gave a briefing on interaction of club and fans and proposed changes to the Globe Bar as well as agreeing to a Q&A for fans with a panel of directors and key staff from the club

1.Next Meeting
5.1 The meeting closed and date set for the first steering committee as 26th Jan.
Fans' Club Morecambe

bigreddog

Postby ockers » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi Darren
can you list who the new members are ie full names for Darren, Sam, Pat, Terry and Paul
Ian Lyon Mike Williamson Bob and Alison Fleetwood i have already
thanks sean
ockers

Postby stoyles » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:01 pm

would have thought mine was obvious and you'd know darren's and sam's
stoyles

Postby outsider » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:57 pm

Don't tell him your name Pike ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby ockers » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:23 pm

stoyles wrote:would have thought mine was obvious and you'd know darren's and sam's

i couldnt be at the meeting and im sure many people would like to know and should know whos involved
ockers

Sponsorship

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Fans Club of Morecambe can confirm we have just agreed a sponsorship agreement with AB Inspections LTD.

We would like to thank them for the contribution and we all look forward to working in partnership with AB Inspections LTD.

We need as many businesses as possible to contribute whether you want to sponsor the supporters club or maybe you can offer the supporters club members benefits, get in touch today and contact Darren Clifford, 07723956102 or pm me on here, or indeed if they'd prefer they can e-mail me: darrenclifford123@btinternet.com
thegentlegiant

Previous

Return to General Discussion