New Faces on the Way?

Re: New Faces on the Way?

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:30 am

Dominic green is a good player think it was last year or the year before when he was playing for Chesterfield when he ripped us apart. He would be a very good signing :!:
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:01 am

nobody of any note would want to come here this season, we are now 8 points off the last place in the playoffs and 6 points from the bottom, we will be lucky to finish mid table, will not go down though, our season is effectively over and another rebuild is needed, just hope we can keep hold of barry and parrish.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby stevanshrimp » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:16 am

Its not over till its over.

Most fans would have settled for a top half finish this season, wouln't they?

Wouldn't they?
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby The Fury » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:21 am

Frankly, if I was on the board, I would have serious reservations about giving Sammy any money to bring in any more players. The likelihood is he will bring in a past it footballer on a huge wage who we give a huge signing-on fee to as well as coughing up agents fees. That player will then fail whilst we see the likes of Fleming, Hendrie etc (the future of the team) pushed further down the pecking order.
The Fury

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:03 pm

I fail to see how the likes of Wayne Curtis and others who were let go last season are any worse than the likes of Rundle and Shuker (who are most probably on decent wage given that they both stepped down a level to come here). At least Wayne had a bit of bottle, character and gave it 100%. After last nights toothless showing I'm not sure if the two players mentioned are even technically better than big Wayne!

Sorry to sound like a merchant of doom, but ona financil footing there will be less than 2,000 fans at the game on Saturday (unless we get loads of away fans that is). Surely the board will be asking questions of everybody (not just Sammy, but the players and even themselves) as to why it has gone so horribly wrong from quite a promising start in our new home following our best season ever (in terms of the final league positioning). Unless the displays and results buck up we'll average less support in a brand-spanking new £12 million home with apparent first class facilities, than we did in a decrepit and crumbling Christie Park. How many other club have crowds that decrease when they move to a new ground???
RedRedWine1

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:39 pm

stevanshrimp wrote:Its not over till its over.

Most fans would have settled for a top half finish this season, wouln't they?

Wouldn't they?

The past couple of seasons I thought we should be looking to consoladate as a top 10 team. With the amount of players Sammy was allowed to bring in that would suggest his budget must be quite decent so that wouldn't be an unrealistic target. If we were then to get a late run to the playoffs from that then great but that would only be a bonus IMO and I would be happy with 10th for the next few years.

Sadly I think we will be well short and would be delighted if we manage midtable.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:42 pm

The header says 'faces'......it'd be great just getting 'one face in'. :o

Why is it that others seem to manage it, but we can't? Location? Wages? Signing on fees?

Whatever it is there appears to be something that stops 'em from coming.

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:44 pm

As always, it's a results based business. It doesn't really matter whether we play at the Golden Globe or the local park, if we're winning, the attendances will be up, if we lose the attendances will be down.
Like any club the fans fall into the usual categories: people like Marky no.1 who go to every game, some who go to every home game and a selection of away games, people like CC who go to all home games, then there are the ones who select the home games they go to (probably 6-10 per season) and finally the ones who go if we're playing a big team in the Cup.
It was ever thus.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Sammy h » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:30 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:I heard we went for Leon Knight but he was too expensive.

He is on the move tomorrow. Flying to East Midlands. Rumoured to be Forest, surely not?
Sammy h

Previous

Return to General Discussion