Line up for Lincoln.....

Line up for Lincoln.....

Postby Howe Magic » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:43 pm

This is the team i would like to see play next week........ Roche Parrish Bentley Artell Adams Stanley Drummond Hunter Curtis Howe O Carroll Subs - Davies,Wainwright,Mclachlan,Smith,Mcstay I know this looks a bit adventurous but i would go 4 3 3 like the last twenty minutes of yesterdays game it looked a bit more promising and could surprise Lincoln
Howe Magic

Re: Line up for Lincoln.....

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:48 pm

i think we need to see who NN and Marky pick Mr Magic as thats what counts mate!!
4 3 3 ooooh must be far too adventurous that
2 3 5 for me and im bringing me rattle satdi too!!!
60 years ago morecambe were banging in 133 goals a season we need more of that i say
bloody rubbish of the manager to be short changing my pension money
Shrimpsscene

Postby durianmuncher » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:36 am

I'd keep Wainwright in the starting eleven as some of his crosses are sublime. Just need someone to get on the end of them a little more. I also like the fact that he can shoot and isn't afraid of doing so. I think we'll see him in even better form soon.
Agree with you on leaving out Twiss though. I just can't understand what's happened to him.
durianmuncher

Postby shrimper » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:26 am

I'd go with
Roche
McCann, Artell, Bentley, Adams (if well, Parrish if not)

Curtis, Drummond, Stanley, Smith

Howe, O'Carroll.

We need pace and Smith is our only option, if we've got him we may as well have a look at him now. Wainwright has had some good games but his form over the last couple merits a 'rest'.

Stanley has done enough (and the other central midfielders have done little enough) to make a starting place a certainly IMO.
Curtis likewise but if Smith starts then he has to go out right. Hunter coming off the bench for the last half hour is what he does best IMO, either to inject energy into a game we're losing or to give their side even more to think about if we're doing well.
I'd have Aaron Taylor on the bench as well with a view to getting him involved now.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:43 am

shrimper wrote:I'd go with
Roche
McCann, Artell, Bentley, Adams (if well, Parrish if not)

Curtis, Drummond, Stanley, Smith

Howe, O'Carroll.

We need pace and Smith is our only option, if we've got him we may as well have a look at him now. Wainwright has had some good games but his form over the last couple merits a 'rest'.

Stanley has done enough (and the other central midfielders have done little enough) to make a starting place a certainly IMO.
Curtis likewise but if Smith starts then he has to go out right. Hunter coming off the bench for the last half hour is what he does best IMO, either to inject energy into a game we're losing or to give their side even more to think about if we're doing well.
I'd have Aaron Taylor on the bench as well with a view to getting him involved now.

I would go for that line-up with the possible exception of playing Parrish at right back if Adams is fit.
Absolutley no doubt Stanners to start.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:50 am

Howe Magic wrote: could surprise Lincoln

Not now it won't :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:55 am

It's absolutely ridiculous to have somebody on loan, pay his wages (or at least part of) and then have him sat on the bench for 85 minutes before introducing him to the game.

If he's not up to it (we'll never know without giving him a decent run) then send him back.

We are not that cash rich to be able to afford such a luxury. As it stands at the moment it's money down the drain!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby BHmfc » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:59 pm

ROCHE

MCSTAY BENTLEY ARTELL ADAMS-if fit

HUNTER STANLEY DRUMMOND SMITH-let's have a look at him

OCARROL HOWE

subs to include CURTIS who can come on in the second half to batter their central defenders into submission
BHmfc

Postby james456 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:04 pm

Christies Child wrote:It's absolutely ridiculous to have somebody on loan, pay his wages (or at least part of) and then have him sat on the bench for 85 minutes before introducing him to the game.

If he's not up to it (we'll never know without giving him a decent run) then send him back.

We are not that cash rich to be able to afford such a luxury. As it stands at the moment it's money down the drain!

Definitely. We only have him for another 2 weeks or so and we havnt used him yet :o

My team for Lincoln:

_______Howe__O'Carroll
Smith__Stanley_Drummond_Curtis
Adams*_McStay_Bentley_Parrish
___________Roche

Subs: Davies, Artell, Hunter, Curtis, Taylor

*McCan if Adams is not fit.
james456

Postby steve mfc » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:21 pm

Curtis and Howe looked good together on Saturday, even if it was only for 30 minutes and in a 4-3-3 formation but might be worth a try, so-

...........................................Roche.........................

McCann...........Bentley......................Artell...............,Adams

Wainwright.........Stanley....................Hunter..............Smith

.........................Howe......................Curtis....................
steve mfc

Postby OvertheBar » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:53 pm

We are short of pace and Smith seems zippy so get him in from the off. Wayne can run around all day so get him in from the off. Stanners looks strong so get him in from the off. Drummond can put his foot on the ball with Hunter scampering around to pick up the scraps. Just Howe upfront to stop midfield from getting over run.

Davies
McStay.....Bentley.....Artell.....Adams
Smith.....Drummond.....Stanners.....Hunter.....Curtis
Howe

Subs: Twiss.....Parrish.....Diamond..... McCann or (Carr?) ........................................ Roche
OvertheBar

Postby OvertheBar » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:56 pm

Error - Forgot about Wainwright so he can sit on the bench for a bit instead of McCann/Carr.
OvertheBar

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:44 am

OvertheBar wrote:We are short of pace and Smith seems zippy so get him in from the off. Wayne can run around all day so get him in from the off. Stanners looks strong so get him in from the off. Drummond can put his foot on the ball with Hunter scampering around to pick up the scraps. Just Howe upfront to stop midfield from getting over run.

Davies
McStay.....Bentley.....Artell.....Adams
Smith.....Drummond.....Stanners.....Hunter.....Curtis
Howe

Subs: Twiss.....Parrish.....Diamond..... McCann or (Carr?) ........................................ Roche

Roche has been excellent this season. The nearest we will get to having Big Joe IMHO
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Posh » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:08 pm

Either

McCann...........Bentley......................Artell...............Adams

Curtis.........Stanley....................Hunter..............Smith

.........................Howe......................O'Carroll..................

OR

McCann...........Bentley......................Artell...............Adams

.........Stanley....................Hunter..............Drummond....

................Curtis..............O'Carroll...........Howe..............

In the second side I'd prefer pacy full backs though. Attack! Attack! Attack! Attack!
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby OvertheBar » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:04 pm

Roche has been excellent this season. The nearest we will get to having Big Joe IMHO

You are right about Roche playing well(ish) HeyshamS, however I really feel that Davies has such a lot of potential and would play equally well. He is a young lad coming through the system and I enjoy the way he handles himself when given a chance. Also he was a real star at Wembley and partly responsible for us being where we are today.
OvertheBar

Postby james456 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:43 pm

OvertheBar wrote:

You are right about Roche playing well(ish) HeyshamS, however I really feel that Davies has such a lot of potential and would play equally well. He is a young lad coming through the system and I enjoy the way he handles himself when given a chance. Also he was a real star at Wembley and partly responsible for us being where we are today.

A player of Davies' age and ability shouldnt be sat on the bench. Maybe he should go on loan?
james456

Postby Sammy h » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:11 pm

Not a fan of these but i suppose i will jump on the band wagon!

Roach

Mccann Bentley Mcstay Parrish

Wainright Stew Stanners Smith

Diurmuid Howe
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:15 pm

Roche*
Bare Ben

Postby Sammy h » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:18 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Roche*

T%*T

:roll:
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:21 pm

Sammy h wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:Roche*

T%*T

:roll:

:lol:
Bare Ben

Postby Jody » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:46 pm

Its his pet hate, people spelling Roche wrong, as he spent half of the Barnet game telling me, in his drunkenish stupor!
Ha!
On another note, interesting to see almost everyone has included Stanley in their teams. About time for a start methinks.
Jody

Postby Sammy h » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:51 pm

Stanley should've started every game this season.
Sammy h

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:25 pm

Jody wrote:Its his pet hate, people spelling Roche wrong, as he spent half of the Barnet game telling me, in his drunkenish stupor!
Ha!
On another note, interesting to see almost everyone has included Stanley in their teams. About time for a start methinks.

Jody when will you learn?.......................

We don't pick the team.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby Muzzer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:26 pm

Jody wrote:interesting to see almost everyone has included Stanley in their teams. About time for a start methinks.

also i think its good to see artell is in everyones line up (except its nice to see sams the only one)
for the simple reason that at the end of last season i seem to remember that everyone was slateing him for a couple of poor mistakes and demanding that sammy removes him from the squad!
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Postby Shrimpsscene » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:36 pm

seem to remember first half last season we faced a good Lincoln attack and they caused us a few problems
will be interesting to see our team against Blackpool reserves tomorrow night and who lines up
are we all standing in the paddock tomorrow evening?
Shrimpsscene

Next

Return to General Discussion