Re: richard keys!!

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:57 am

shrimpnsave wrote:Why dont we call them lineswoman

she does her job ok doesn't she....

Do me a favour love!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:22 am

wijit wrote:I'm quite happy to be a sexist pig and not want women at football at all.

So given the choice between a second rate male referee or a first rate female referee, you'd go for second rate on the basis of their chromosomes? I'd rather the best person for the job regardless of their gender. What I can say is when Sian & Amy Fearn ran the lines at Cheltenham, I don't recall a solitary decision that either of them got wrong in my opinion (which means that even if I did think it was wrong, it ain't necessarily so!) They were both excellent, despite the sexist chants from the crowd, which must have been so original for them both...

Sian Massey gets another decision right, unlike Richard Keys & Andy Gray who should have just stayed in bed.

Barry says 'wow, haven't you got small hands?'
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:49 am

I was thinking the linos prob get more stick at smaller grounds as at the bigger clubs there is a bit of distance between them and the stands.

For example most of us at some point have stood on the carwash and given the liner some stick at somepoint and some of the things people shout to them can be comedy gold.

I bet the poor lass has heard far worse things while runing the line at non league teams so Mr Keys & Gray are probably nothing more than an iritation to her getting on with her normal week and she prob wishes it would all blow over.

Which is not to say what Gray & Keys have done is ok it's not but she prob thinks I have head it a million times before but now she is caught up in the middle of a media storm.

Nice picture of her on the Mail's website today :o
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:31 am

Keys Gate has got me thinking of games where female officials have taken charge of Shrimps games, and if so when was the first? Didn't we have a female referee away at Bromsgrovr Rovers in the FA Cup qualifiers? It was either a female ref or a hot female constable restoring peace between unsegregated fans. The mind plays tricks.
RedRedWine1

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:05 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I bet the poor lass has heard far worse things while running the line at non league teams so Mr Keys & Gray are probably nothing more than an irritation to her getting on with her normal week and she prob wishes it would all blow over...

Nice picture of her on the Mail's website today :o

Given that I agree, she probably wants it all to just go away, she's apparently having to stay away from home because it is besieged by reporters. They are even camped outside the school where she teaches.

Which, changing the subject slightly, makes me wonder if she gave permission for her photo to be taken from Myspace? How does an image posted on there become (c) Myspace? I don't have a Myspace account (thought it was shut!) but that looks a bit dodgy. Can Facebook/Mail do that?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Joel Ninety » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:32 pm

Joel Ninety

Postby Ntini » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:56 pm

Joel Ninety wrote:Andy Gray sacked - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9373280.stm

Tik' a boo, son... it'll be your last!!! For Sky Sports, anyway....
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby shrimper » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Duffman » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:21 pm

And people find stuff like this funny....

:lol:
Duffman

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:48 pm

Bare Ben

Postby Sammy h » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:07 pm

Sexist pig.
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Sammy h wrote:Sexist pig.

Go away you don't know the offside rule. OMG i just got nail polish in my eye. Wow.
Bare Ben

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Not condoning either, but much worse comes out of fans up and down the nation, they dont lose their jobs, and what about jeremy clarkson, a total cock who jokes about rapists and disabled people ON AIR :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby wijit » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:10 pm

Keith wrote:
wijit wrote:I'm quite happy to be a sexist pig and not want women at football at all.

So given the choice between a second rate male referee or a first rate female referee, you'd go for second rate on the basis of their chromosomes? I'd rather the best person for the job regardless of their gender. What I can say is when Sian & Amy Fearn ran the lines at Cheltenham, I don't recall a solitary decision that either of them got wrong in my opinion (which means that even if I did think it was wrong, it ain't necessarily so!) They were both excellent, despite the sexist chants from the crowd, which must have been so original for them both...

Sian Massey gets another decision right, unlike Richard Keys & Andy Gray who should have just stayed in bed.

Barry says 'wow, haven't you got small hands?'

Couldn't be arsed reading everything I wrote then......?
wijit

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:33 pm

I think the real bigger picture is the irony of gray suing his bosses , news international, for phone tapping and not expecting to be set up!

If i was AG, i would lay low for a while and scrape by :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Richard Keys throws in the towel

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/vie ... ut-of-Sky/

After all this, by their own doing, will Sky will be under pressure to replace him with a female presenter?
Last edited by marky No.1 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:22 pm

jumped before being pushed you mean, the bigger issue is about murdock, and controlling the world media, keys and gray are plankton , gray popped his head above the water indirectly coming on the radar and being sacked, watch the doors slam in andy grays face ala jim bowen from now on :roll:
mrpotatohead

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:34 pm

On "Loose Women" on ITV , the ladies on most days make gratuitous jokes at the expense of men.

When can we expect the P45's to be dished out :o :o :o :o :o
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:40 pm

totally correct heysham, most women are not arsed about what blokes say or think and vice versa, this is about bigger things that we do not care about, but should, gray and keys are made for life anyway, as long as we have HD etc, no worries, the bad news is................................anyone :?:
mrpotatohead

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:02 pm

Hopefully Jamie Redknapp will follow.
durhamshrimp

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:19 pm

The whole country has been whipped into frenzy by the media, the actual story is something being made out of nothing. The BBC is understandably milking it.

The most sexist comment I've heard thus far has actually come from Karen Brady, who said something along the lines of how proud she was that when she left Birmingham City 70% of office staff were female where previously it had been completely dominated by males. She said nothing about the individuals being qualified or competent enough to do the job, just that they were female. It mades me wonder if males had been discriminated against in order for Karen Brady to trott out statistics.
RedRedWine1

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:46 am

most blokes, away from the missus would agree with andy gray even if they do not like him, if the fa want to argue and be equal, let women play football if they are good enough at pro level, come one bird or what :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:53 am

durhamshrimp wrote:Hopefully Jamie Redknapp will follow.

He's one of the names taked about to replace them.
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimper » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:27 pm

I like Jamie Redknapp - didn't think I would when he first started but I like the fact he's prepared to express strong opinions, rather than sitting on the fence, and will often disagree (sometimes quite stridently) with co-pundits.

On the other issue - if Sky are not to be accused of slight double-standards in this whole sexism debate, I wonder if they'll start appointing female presenters on the basis of their broadcasting talents and sporting knowledge, rather than their glamorous looks.

There are dozens of excellent female sports reporters currently working in the media industry who, I'm sure, would love the opportunity to work, frontline, for Sky - but maybe don't quite fit the stereotypical profile of what they are 'looking' for.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:03 pm

wijit wrote:
Keith wrote:

So given the choice between a second rate male referee or a first rate female referee, you'd go for second rate on the basis of their chromosomes? I'd rather the best person for the job regardless of their gender.

Couldn't be arsed reading everything I wrote then......?

Yes, I agreed with the rest of it, so I only quoted the bit I wanted to respond to. You didn't say 'I used to be a sexist pig and not want women in football at all but now I've changed my mind..." in which case, I wouldn't have responded at all. What you appear to be saying is that you accept them only because they are here, but if tomorrow, someone put you in charge of football, you'd get rid of them again?

Keith
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion