Stevenage 2 Morecambe 0

Re: Stevenage 2 Morecambe 0

Postby MfcChris » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Sammy out if we lose Tuesday :roll:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:21 pm

cheers gg

I am wondering if Morecambe lost both these away games you would want Sammy Mac sacked?

He is doing a good at Morecambe of course he is
essex_shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:23 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:cheers gg

I am wondering if Morecambe lost both these away games you would want Sammy Mac sacked?

I love Sammy for what he has given us and will continue to have photos of him on my walls when he eventually goes, however I don't like him ;)
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:25 pm

fine i got photos of alan curbisley on my wall when he was our manager but did not like hi ;)
essex_shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:27 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:fine i got photos of alan curbisley on my wall when he was our manager but did not like hi ;)

On your fridge?
MfcChris

Postby bill ding » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:30 pm

MfcChris wrote:

I love Sammy for what he has given us and will continue to have photos of him on my walls when he eventually goes, however I don't like him ;)

Flowery wallpaper on mine ;)
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:31 pm

it was bedroom wall.

But now plan to get the photo of chris powell new charlton's manager
essex_shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:32 pm

bill ding wrote:
MfcChris wrote:

Flowery wallpaper on mine ;)

All the fashion now.
MfcChris

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:34 pm

MfcChris wrote:

Why would you have an x manc star if yas dont like him :?: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby bill ding » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:36 pm

He is doing a good at Morecambe of course he is[/quote]
I love Sammy for what he has given us and will continue to have photos of him on my walls when he eventually goes, however I don't like him ;)[/quote]

Flowery wallpaper on mine ;)[/quote]
All the fashion now.[/quote]

Fancy that , me in fashion thats a first . may as well talk about fashion nothing much else going on ;) ;)
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Re: 2-0!!!!!!!!!!

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:41 pm

DawZi wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:
DawZi wrote:should be looking to bring Jevons on now and try a pull this back as things stand it seems a case of damage limitation

ring sammy up and tell him...

just phoned him :lol:

you rang again...well done chief :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby essex_shrimp » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:50 pm

I'll be screaming for Chris Powell 5 points now of 2nd place two games in hand.

quick quick the legend powell i will get the photo of you at the plymouth gmae 100%
essex_shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:58 pm

4 places down in the league :x
shrimpnsave

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:03 pm

Sounds like the Morecambe of old today Spencer and Jev (if fully match fit) to start at Hereford.
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:06 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Sounds like the Morecambe of old today Spencer and Jev (if fully match fit) to start at Hereford.

:?:
shrimpnsave

Postby MfcChris » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:22 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Sounds like the Morecambe of old today Spencer and Jev (if fully match fit) to start at Hereford.

Spencer not back till Saturday.
Last edited by MfcChris on Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MfcChris

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:27 pm

Isn't Jimmy suspended for another game??? I thought violent conduct carried a three game ban. I'd start with Hendrie, he looks busy on the ball. We'll get Mullin though, who has had a few meaningless games in a row. Did we sign him up for two seasons???
RedRedWine1

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:54 pm

DawZi wrote:
MfcChris wrote:Spencer back on Saturday :D

and by the sounds of it on the club website a new signing aswell

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How many times have we heard that this season. :?: :?: :?:

Seeings...believing!

Play Hendrie from the off alongside and close to Jeavons and Shuker on the wing (sorry Neil W I really hoped it was going to be your day) and maybe we could pose a goal threat.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby MfcChris » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:04 pm

Saturday he will revert back to Spencer and Jevons up front with Shuker on the right wing.

However Hereford I think he will not learn and start the same team as he started today. Madness.
MfcChris

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:14 pm

Christies Child wrote:Play Hendrie from the off alongside and close to Jeavons and Shuker on the wing (sorry Neil W I really hoped it was going to be your day) and maybe we could pose a goal threat.

Shuker hardly set the world alight today Neil, in fact when Hendrie came on for Wainright and Shukes switched to right midfield he didnt really do much apart from slowing down a possible shooting opportunity by cutting inside instrad of playing Jevs in behind their defence. He was then brought off and replaced on the right wing by the left footed Rundle!!! Shuker had looked better since he came back into the side (I'd have said MotM against Torquay of the outfield players) but his passing to feet is atrocious.

Bit to early to judge Wainwright. It was his first start for a while which may explain why he was off the pace. Don't know what Stanley and Drummys excuses are for the second game running.
RedRedWine1

Postby N Saban » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Just back to my brother's in derbyshire after the game in stevenage and i didn't feel that we deservered anything from the game. First half we were shocking and going two down so early put us out of the game before we had had chance to contribute anything. 2nd half was better in some ways we retained possession more and with the introduction of jevons we looked more lively and started to play better football. Rundle did ok when he came on for his brief cameo and hendrie's introduction meant we had to start playing football because we had no height in the frontline. The big plus from today was another brilliant performance from parrish at full back but I still feel that he should be centre back with Jimbo and maybe switch charnock to right back or play the three of them at the back.
the Mullin approach is not working and as described on the stevenage message board when he plays morecambe look like a huff it football team. WE NEED TO PLAY FOOTBALL!!! Sammy spent the first half in the stand and stayed there till the 2nd half not sure of the logic behind that he maybe should have been barking orders from the start. generally we looked poor today with no leadership on the pitch I think the team is crying out for Bentley and surely he should be given a place in the start up line up. I think there wer about 50 of us there in total in a crowd of 2002 and in true shrimps style i don't think we let the footy spoil a day out! Will be interesting to see what changes are made for the Hereford game.
N Saban

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:50 pm

Yes Spencer does have one more game left was looking at an old fixture list :oops:
heysham_mfc

Postby Joe Oh » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:15 pm

Agreed about getting Jimbo back in. I thought both centre backs were really poor, especially at the start. Theirs were absolutely miles better. Parrish was brilliant again. I'd keep him at right back since he's pretty good going forward.

Shuker had no chance as a second striker. Too small and lightweight plus he didn't do that much when he managed to get the ball. Thought Hendrie did far better. Wainwright looked a bit off the pace but I still think he should be Duffy's replacement.

God knows what's wrong with Stanley. He's a great player but he seemed to panic as soon as he got the ball and kept passing it to their defenders.

Thought Capaldi played well. He was worth keeping hold of.
Joe Oh

Previous

Return to General Discussion