Thommo to return, on loan?

Thommo to return, on loan?

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:54 am

I mentioned this in the Duffy thread, but it could be of benefit to all parties IF his injury problems permitted such a loan move.

We get a ready made replacement for Duffy. It gives Thommo an opportuntiy to get back into regualr first team football and it also puts him in the shop window 'cause Thommo is now 30 and Scunny probalby view Duffy as his replacment long term and could therefore be looking to move him on at the end of this season.

It also gives us the time needed to seek out and bring on-board a long term replacement for Duffy, assuming that Thommo wasn't interested in a permanent return to wearing a red shirt.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Thommo to return, on loan?

Postby keepthefaith » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:57 am

One of your better ideas CC. Would love this to happen, and as you say could be a good move for both parties. But unfortunately, as just speculation I just can't see it :cry:
keepthefaith

Postby DTSJim » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:06 pm

From what I gather Thommo was one of their better players last season and they've missed him being in the team this year. So I can't see them doing anything but putting him straight back into their first team when he gets fit so that he can try and help them avoid relegation.

It's a good idea but I doubt it'd happen.
DTSJim

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:06 pm

Is Thommo still living in Kendal ?
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby George Dawes » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:20 pm

i wouldn't wont him back on loan just for the sake of a month or two unless it was with a view to a permanent deal

id rather use that time getting Shuker one of our own lads settled in that position with team building for next season as we wont go down and we wont go up just write this season off as far as promotion goes...
George Dawes

Postby Ntini » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:31 pm

As attractive a proposition that might seem, I think it's impractical. I'd rather see the time spent getting someone else established in that position (probably Shuker/Hendrie) and then use the money on a striker.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby RedRedWine1 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Time for one of Rundle, Shuker or Wainwright to step up to the plate if Duffs goes, all three have either been generally poor or not been given a go so far this season. They have deals, play them!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby ezz » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:10 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Time for one of Rundle, Shuker or Wainwright to step up to the plate if Duffs goes, all three have either been generally poor or not been given a go so far this season. They have deals, play them!!!

This! As i mentioned in the other thread!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Posh » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:04 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Time for one of Rundle, Shuker or Wainwright to step up to the plate if Duffs goes, all three have either been generally poor or not been given a go so far this season. They have deals, play them!!!

Out of those three I'd play Neil Wainwright. Rundle is a left winger and Lawrence, if allowed to play there should we keep Capaldi, is much better. Shuker's crossing and passing has been poor consistently and has played better up front because he can hold the ball and run with it. The other option is Garry Hunter who played a fair bit of last season in front of Andy Parrish on the right wing. However, given our team selections this season, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Scott Brown.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Ntini » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:15 pm

A guy who can sometimes play on the right wing and has played and captained at this level:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/port_vale/9366695.stm
BBC Sport wrote:Port Vale midfielder Tommy Fraser is leaving the club after having his contract terminated by mutual consent.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Joelinho » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Ntini wrote:A guy who can sometimes play on the right wing and has played and captained at this level:
BBC Sport wrote:Port Vale midfielder Tommy Fraser is leaving the club after having his contract terminated by mutual consent.

He looks a decent player and the kind we should be attracting. Although he's not a natural winger. Used to playing more centrally and got quite a bit of stick for his performances out wide.
Joelinho

Postby Ntini » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:44 pm

Joelinho wrote:
Ntini wrote:A guy who can sometimes play on the right wing and has played and captained at this level:

He looks a decent player and the kind we should be attracting. Although he's not a natural winger. Used to playing more centrally and got quite a bit of stick for his performances out wide.

And undue stick, I believe. Having said that, at the few games I've managed to make at the Globe this season I've heard people moaning about Duffy when at times he's been the best player on the pitch!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby CASS » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:16 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Is Thommo still living in Kendal ?

He still has a house there. I think he would be keen on a move back north for a few month's in what is going to be a very important time in his and his girlfriends life.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby essex_shrimp » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:59 pm

Thommo I do hear about you fans talk alot about him and honestly I never took a interest in him then.

But if he has a house still in Kendal why not join a team sorry fans like oldham , tranmere or preston.

only way i think he could come back is the magic of the globe and wants to be a part of that and get his old form back like it was when he was a Morecambe player at christie park 8-)
essex_shrimp

Postby jonnythedog » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:25 pm

Not a bad shout CC but as others have mentioned I'd prefer to see some of our fringe players get some game time. Wainy and Hendrie for me, I'd probably prefer Wainy to start with Hendrie coming on midway though the 2nd half. We've got to keep Shuker up front playing off a striker in my opinion, he's been playing well there recently.
jonnythedog

Postby Bare Ben » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:44 pm

This thread is pointless. As much as i'd love it to happen, it won't.
Bare Ben

Postby Sammy h » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:48 pm

Bare Ben wrote:This thread is pointless. As much as i'd love it to happen, it won't.

An early contender for -

The 'Bare Ben's most sensible post of the year award'
:lol:
Sammy h

Postby Keith » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:41 am

Sammy h wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:This thread is pointless. As much as i'd love it to happen, it won't.

An early contender for -

The 'Bare Ben's only sensible post of the year award'
:lol:

I corrected your quote for you. :roll: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby scalehallshrimp » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Was thommo really that good, it was only ever in patches and many games he was just not interested as could be seen by his body language. I do not really believe he would want to step down 2 divisions
scalehallshrimp

Postby steve mfc » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:43 pm

scalehallshrimp wrote:Was thommo really that good, it was only ever in patches and many games he was just not interested as could be seen by his body language. I do not really believe he would want to step down 2 divisions

Agreed, great on his day unfortunately that was only about 1 game in 3, though he did become more consistent in his last season with us.

As far as who should play right wing now, well i would like to see Hendrie given a chance failing that Gary Hunter, certainly not Shuker when he has been playing so well in what i consider is his best position just behind the main striker.
steve mfc

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:07 am

according to last nights scunthorpe paper thommo could be out for upto eight months so he wont be going anywhere on loan for quite a while if at all........
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:44 am

Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Ntini » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:50 am

Seasider9601 wrote:http://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/page/News/0,,10442~2271727,00.html

Attacker???
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Return to General Discussion