Re: Duffy Wanted By Scunthorpe!!

Postby ezz » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:22 pm

if we ask him nicely do you think he'll sign a new 1 year deal :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby shrimper » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:23 pm

RedRedWine wrote:
nobbyshrimp wrote:http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10866~1652932,00.html
Sammy saw his talent as did Southport (hence add ons) and he was always going to leave us, same as Carl Baker and i think eventually Flemming too.

I think you, and a few others are mssing the point somewhat that most people are making. Its not that we don't think Duffy will eventually leave (everybody realises this)....it's just that by hook or by crook we are going to screwed over this deal because his contract is going to expire in the summer (unlike Carl Baker). I think for a player of Duffs quality we could realistically expect to recieve £150k+ for a transfer fee. Given the circumstances I bet we don't get half of that.

And the follow-on from that is that IF we've never spoken to him about extending his deal (perhaps still uncertain if he was going to produce the goods consistently) then we have, as it has transpired, made a mistake. If we have and he's elected to wait and see, there's nothing we can do about that.

I heard at the time that we'd paid £20k for him up front, and another £15k after a number of games. I'm not sure about any 'sell-on' clause.
Last edited by shrimper on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby ezz » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:30 pm

If we pay £15 to southport a game then we've done pretty well shrimper ;)
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby parkyboy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:10 pm

C C why has everything you disagree with got to be down to problems with the anagement structore ,they dont have control of everything
parkyboy

Postby essex_shrimp » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:42 pm

Mark Duffy going Scunnie good move for him .

Should do very well in the championship because recently Scunthorpe's form is not very good looks like relegation form going down with Palace and Preston
essex_shrimp

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:25 pm

Christies Child wrote:But why does it always happen to us and rarely to others?

Southport fans probably said the same after a bigger club came in for Baker and then Duffy...

If we can get a fee that exceeds what we paid for him and a decent sell on clause, then I'll be happy enough. Shame he's going at a time when he's playing so well for us.

I'd be happy to see Wainright given a decent run in the side until the end of the season if Duffy does go.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby broadwayshrimp » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:43 pm

Keith wrote:Shame he's going at a time when he's playing so well for us.

But that's probably why he's going
broadwayshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:55 pm

The one thing it does show is that our management team are more than capable of improving the playing capabilities of individuals who come under their radar. I may have playing issues with Sammy but his and Mark's abilities at finding and naturing raw talent is well proven.

Just hope that they continue to find others of similar talent and give them a chance.

I hope that the next in line for development are Hendrie and Cowperthwaite from our existing ranks.

Interestingly very few of Stanleys players ever move on to greater things despite the 'so called' management/coaching skills of Coley.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:00 pm

Quite gutted he could be leaving us at such a vital point. Won 2 pens for us on Saturday and was one of the guys up their for MOM. If he does go, id like to thank him for all the hard work he has put in these last 2 years and good luck for the rest of his carrer. On the financial side, id be expecting at least £100,000-£300,00 for a very talented winger with great pace and skill.
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:11 pm

The PMG stand will replenished with peanuts next home game - 'cause that's all we'll be getting for him!
Morecambe Jack

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:15 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:The PMG stand will replenished with peanuts next home game - 'cause that's all we'll be getting for him!

could'nt agree more....

they will be no profit on this one........
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

For a second division player out of contract in the summer

Postby Arnside Red » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:25 pm

Lucky to get 150k, but need to sell now and negotiate a good sell on clause or he goes free in the summer with no chance of a sell on,
Morecambe fans arnt the only ones smarting this January, at Barnsley we are due to lose our best player (by miles) Adam Hammill to Wolves for just 350k due to a buy out clause in his contract, this is a guy who is probably worth 1.5 million but nothing barnsley can do about it, also got to pay Liverpool 100k or so sell on fee, well and truly stiched up :( :( :( :( :( :(
Arnside Red

Postby mellow » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:08 pm

I think some of you are living in a dream world with regard to the fees you expect for a player with 6 months left on his contract.

Still, we can't complain about what we've been paid from the deal.

And Keith, naughty comment!
mellow

Postby Freez » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Truth hurts?? :lol: :lol:
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Posh » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:58 pm

Christies Child wrote:Interestingly very few of Stanleys players ever move on to greater things despite the 'so called' management/coaching skills of Coley.

Neil you get a lot of unfair criticism and get wrongly derided, and you take it very well. So I'm sure you'll take some fair criticism based on the load of bollocks above. From my reckoning in five years we've sold on two players that Sammy brought to the club - Carl Baker and Mark Duffy.

Meanwhile Coley's sold Robert Grant to Scunny for £308K; Michael Symes to Bournemouth when they were promoted; Mauro Almeida to Swindon; Ian Craney to Swansea and Huddersfield; Gary Roberts to Ipswich Town; Paul Harrison to Wolves; Jon Bogan to Dundee; Romauld Boco for £44k (admittedly to Sligo Rovers); Paul Mullin to Morecambe (well we did finish higher for £24k); and you can probably chuck in Kenny Arthur and a couple of others on frees when they had to slash budgets.

By my reckoning that's over £1 million in fees in the same period. It is also a firm rebuttal of some serious misinformation.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby George Dawes » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Posh wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Interestingly very few of Stanleys players ever move on to greater things despite the 'so called' management/coaching skills of Coley.

Meanwhile Coley's sold Robert Grant to Scunny for £308K; Michael Symes to Bournemouth when they were promoted; Mauro Almeida to Swindon; Ian Craney to Swansea and Huddersfield; Gary Roberts to Ipswich Town; Paul Harrison to Wolves; Jon Bogan to Dundee; Romauld Boco for £44k (admittedly to Sligo Rovers); Paul Mullin to Morecambe (well we did finish higher for £24k); and you can probably chuck in Kenny Arthur and a couple of others on frees when they had to slash budgets.

By my reckoning that's over £1 million in fees in the same period. It is also a firm rebuttal of some serious misinformation.

so what have the Romans ever done for us :lol:
George Dawes

Postby essex_shrimp » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:15 pm

Come on please do not get a c.c back he is only trying to make a good point about this topic.

i would only rate duffy , wilson , parrish maybe roach and shucker in the 100k range of valuation.

not 2 sure about jevons being worth 100,000 because of his age
essex_shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:16 pm

christ neil, medication or what :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Keith » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:47 am

mellow wrote:And Keith, naughty comment!

Ah, if it helped to coax you out of a self imposed retirement, it was worth it! Hope you've been keeping well? I forget, are Fleetwood your rivals now?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby mellow » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:33 am

Keith wrote:

Ah, if it helped to coax you out of a self imposed retirement, it was worth it! Hope you've been keeping well? I forget, are Fleetwood your rivals now?

They think they are but it's hard to be rivals with fly-by-night operations. Barrow and Southport elected to play each other on boxing day rathr than them.

They are an odd lot and their forum is one of the most vile places on the net. They're already talking of morecambe being in their sights
mellow

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:19 am

mellow wrote:
Keith wrote:

They think they are but it's hard to be rivals with fly-by-night operations. Barrow and Southport elected to play each other on boxing day rathr than them.

They are an odd lot and their forum is one of the most vile places on the net. They're already talking of morecambe being in their sights

If Andy Pilley fell under a bus tomorrow Fleetwood would be back in the Vodkat in no time :lol: :lol:
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:01 am

If we continue to buy players represented by agents at this level, we should not be surprised by the action of said agent when he can leap frog them up another few levels for a fee.

We reap what we sow.................
SupermarketShrimp

Postby broadwayshrimp » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:14 am

I must admit I don't know what all the fuss is about. This is football and these sort of things happen all the time to clubs up and down the divisions. Duffs will either stay (for now) or go. Whatever he decides the club carries on.
broadwayshrimp

Postby ockers » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:20 am

lets hope we can get a replacement
ockers

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:43 am

Posh wrote:

Neil you get a lot of unfair criticism and get wrongly derided, and you take it very well. So I'm sure you'll take some fair criticism based on the load of bollocks above. From my reckoning in five years we've sold on two players that Sammy brought to the club - Carl Baker and Mark Duffy.

Nothing like kicking a man when he's on his sick bed.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bloody hell, I didn't realise just how many players Accy had sold on. Impressive to say the least.

Have to admit that the names Almeida, Harrison and Bogan are not ones I remember and who is this Mullin...... :?: :lol: :lol: :oops:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion