Shrimps Supporters – a few FACTS and a situation report

Re: Shrimps Supporters – a few FACTS and a situation report

Postby Morectalk » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:40 pm

To all of the above.

Please take some free advice from someone who can take an objective view of all of this. I have read every posting thoroughly and you should all stop this conversation on VS and arrange to meet up with each-other instead. This maybe a forum, but it is not the place to take this sort of thing further. It ends up with unnecessary posturing & wrongly taken comments, and in the end nobody wins.

I have seen too many contracts & opportunities lost in the business world to electronic discussions which have been wrongly interpreted or mis-understood.

You all have a common cause so don't let VS be the place to air your laundry as not everyone is on here all of the time, meaning that questions or comments can be missed by the people they are intended for.
Morectalk

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:53 pm

it did not look that way sammy, any refreshing new start should be warmly welcomed by all shrimps fans, if there is more than one supporters club so be it, just make sure all meetings start and finish with a supporters club password as a way of entry, i would suggest a password using a series of letters... i dunno.... maybe....EAHWWOYMOG :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby wijit » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:42 am

I suspect that very little of Mikes post has been taken notice of. The Original (by that I mean Mikes) supporters club has suffered for many reasons, the football club itself really didn't help. Our club has really lost it's way towards supporters of late, it is considerably less personal that it has ever been and the slant towards corporate hospitality and functions is, whilst necessary, meant that the very thing that has helped the reputation is now being largely ignored.
I would strongly advise those wanting to start a new club take very serious consideration into how the OMFSC has faired in the last few years and ask why that is, and can they seriously make something more successful?
A few people on here is nothing like enough to make this work, and though I commend the interest, I have to honestly say that I doubt it will work long term.
The people showing an interest really need to look at this through very realistic glasses, are the motives fully genuine? Is the support there in sufficient numbers? How long will it take for the initial costing be overtaken by income? Why did they not ask more directly if the other supporters club HAD actually ended instead of on a forum where, in all honesty, it would take ignorance of biblical proportions to think every body looked upon here as the place for all knowledge?,
That last one may well seem a bit harsh, but it is relevant.
I wish all parties the very best of luck in this, but given what appears to be a lack of interest by the football club, I don't see a lasting interest from supporters.
wijit

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:48 am

any neutral observer looking at this could rightly think it is a case of bitter old boys wanting the young guns to fail, hope i am wrong.
mrpotatohead

Postby halftimeresults » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:22 am

Are their motives fully genuine???? :?

Come to the meeting on tuesday and you will see that it is more then just a few people on here.

The OMFSC have been living in the dark ages for years and this is the shake up it needs.
halftimeresults

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:11 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:it did not look that way sammy, any refreshing new start should be warmly welcomed by all shrimps fans, if there is more than one supporters club so be it, just make sure all meetings start and finish with a supporters club password as a way of entry, i would suggest a password using a series of letters... i dunno.... maybe....EAHWWOYMOG :?:

:lol: :lol: A password sounds great, may I suggest -

OYMEGHAWIOSWADITI
Sammy h

Postby Mike W. » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:31 pm

Just to say that Darren, Ian and I had a very interesting conversation after the game yesterday, and I know Darren has talked to Alison about her experiences that sadly lead to the demise of the Junior Reds (maybe just temporarily - maybe ! ), and that he is sympathetic with her views, though that is, of course, for the two of them to comment upon.

Ours was a great chat that confirmed what I already knew really, that we want to move in the same direction, and I see nothing but good coming out of Tuesday. When I said that we would sit quietly and attentively at the back, I was being a wee bit jokey but it is not for me to prejudge whatever happens. There ARE the realities of (football) life to take account of in whatever is decided upon, but that should, in no way, stop very useful things being done. I know this may sound vague but it isn't for me to pre-empt the democratic process.

As I have said, Shrimps Supporters (or OMFSC as it used to be - we used to call it Omfersuck !) has operated at a quite low level for some time, because that situation was forced on us by circumstances. Hopefully, if more people get involved, then supporters' work at Morecambe can be moved up a grade or two, to the benifit of all.

Mike W.

:)
Mike W.

Postby wijit » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:07 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:any neutral observer looking at this could rightly think it is a case of bitter old boys wanting the young guns to fail, hope i am wrong.

Why would they "rightly" think that, unless it was a suggestion put forward?
The facts are the facts, and the first club has had difficulties as Mike has pointed out, none of these have been addressed by anyone involved in the forming of the new venture. The club, or representatives of it, has now come forward and offered an amount of help for the meeting and also in the promotion of this in the club shop which is what they did for OMFSC. I think what you see as old boys against, is in actual fact concern that it is done in such a way as to ensure it doesn't become reliant on this as lasting support from the club.
Instead of trying to antagonise, why don't you be more productive? Offer something more constructive than weedy snipes at other people (bitter old boys/young guns? Bigging yourself up quite a lot there, eh?). I'm sure you will have some ideas which could help the formation of this club. Put them forward, give them some extra meat for the bones, most ideas will come to nothing but even an initial bad idea can work into something good.
wijit

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:24 pm

I am not a young gun and am far from weedy, i hope the meeting goes well, if the oldies have a differing view of what they want, why interfere, i will just turn up to home games, stump up, and generally piss people off with my forthright views whenever i like, after all, is the customer not alwaysright :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:35 am

mrpotatohead wrote:I am not a young gun and am far from weedy, i hope the meeting goes well, if the oldies have a differing view of what they want, why interfere, i will just turn up to home games, stump up, and generally piss people off with my forthright views whenever i like, after all, is the customer not alwaysright :lol:

Nice one!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Ntini » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:10 am

Mike W. wrote:Just to say that Darren, Ian and I had a very interesting conversation after the game yesterday, and I know Darren has talked to Alison about her experiences that sadly lead to the demise of the Junior Reds (maybe just temporarily - maybe ! ), and that he is sympathetic with her views, though that is, of course, for the two of them to comment upon.

Ours was a great chat that confirmed what I already knew really, that we want to move in the same direction, and I see nothing but good coming out of Tuesday. When I said that we would sit quietly and attentively at the back, I was being a wee bit jokey but it is not for me to prejudge whatever happens. There ARE the realities of (football) life to take account of in whatever is decided upon, but that should, in no way, stop very useful things being done. I know this may sound vague but it isn't for me to pre-empt the democratic process.

As I have said, Shrimps Supporters (or OMFSC as it used to be - we used to call it Omfersuck !) has operated at a quite low level for some time, because that situation was forced on us by circumstances. Hopefully, if more people get involved, then supporters' work at Morecambe can be moved up a grade or two, to the benifit of all.

Mike W.

:)

This is exactly the problem and the solution all rolled up in one. Many people do not know that Morecambe has (or ever had) a supporters' club. Now that there is suddenly a rejuvenated interest, it needs to be managed carefully to push things forward in a positive way.

I really want to see this work so that hopefully exiles can be incorporated someway to keep us up to date with goings on at the club. The best of luck for the meeting on Tuesday and make sure you let us know what happens.

Thanks
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby wijit » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:37 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:generally piss people off with my forthright views whenever i like,

...and this is your problem. the fact that you intend on pissing people off means your views aren't forthright, they're ill-conceived. In fact, I can get a more objective and informed view from my 11 year old son!
I'm sure that somewhere in there, you have some great ideas, but your intent is purely antagonistic, which is both a shame and a waste.
wijit

Postby Sammy h » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:43 pm

wijit wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:generally piss people off with my forthright views whenever i like,

...and this is your problem. the fact that you intend on pissing people off means your views aren't forthright, they're ill-conceived. In fact, I can get a more objective and informed view from my 11 year old son!
I'm sure that somewhere in there, you have some great ideas, but your intent is purely antagonistic, which is both a shame and a waste.

:lol: :lol: :lol: CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP
Sammy h

Previous

Return to General Discussion