subs or lateness of them.

Re: subs or lateness of them.

Postby marky » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:56 am

Bare Ben wrote:It's generally Sammy's forthright views that piss me off, I wish he'd start punching players like that Stevenage fan. :lol:

Serious question, do you ever try and add anything to a deabte or discussion, or do you always revert to childishness? Sad really, because you do occasionally come across as intelligent and reasoned. Only occasionally, mind.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:32 am

marky wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:It's generally Sammy's forthright views that piss me off, I wish he'd start punching players like that Stevenage fan. :lol:

Serious question, do you ever try and add anything to a deabte or discussion, or do you always revert to childishness? Sad really, because you do occasionally come across as intelligent and reasoned. Only occasionally, mind.

:o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:08 am

back on topic i had no problems with SM substitution with the game we conceded late on so he then made changes late on to reverse things

for me the use of subs wasn't a issue for once
George Dawes

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:29 am

Would he have put subs on if it had stayed 0-0 :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby MfcChris » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:43 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:Would he have put subs on if it had stayed 0-0 :?:

No, but if they didn't go ahead, we would not have won.

Play when we're losing, we only play when we're losing.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Pobble » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:51 pm

ockers wrote:and your entitled to your opinion Mike but please dont patronise me either thats how its coming across

on this occasion I think youre butting in where you dont really need to

Ive known Neil a long time and travelled many times with Neil, his sister catherine shared lots of discussions drinks and with his dad Derek too so I think youve jumped in too early to be honest...I know how passionate Neil is

for the record if youre going to slam Sammy and his buys
Andy Parrish was watched at Bury...FACT
Andy Parrish played against us for Bury at Christie Park January 2008...FACT
I dont know about Laurence and neither care save fo rth efact hes a morecambe player

you seem to have it in for Sammy like many others on here and I'm struggling to see why

and please if youre going to stir up trouble by mentioning a former player then quote who he is so people can make judgements for themselves

Get real, Sammy is still crap, always has been and always will.
Pobble

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:27 pm

Pobble wrote:
ockers wrote:and your entitled to your opinion Mike but please dont patronise me either thats how its coming across

on this occasion I think youre butting in where you dont really need to

Ive known Neil a long time and travelled many times with Neil, his sister catherine shared lots of discussions drinks and with his dad Derek too so I think youve jumped in too early to be honest...I know how passionate Neil is

for the record if youre going to slam Sammy and his buys
Andy Parrish was watched at Bury...FACT
Andy Parrish played against us for Bury at Christie Park January 2008...FACT
I dont know about Laurence and neither care save fo rth efact hes a morecambe player

you seem to have it in for Sammy like many others on here and I'm struggling to see why

and please if youre going to stir up trouble by mentioning a former player then quote who he is so people can make judgements for themselves

Get real, Sammy is still crap, always has been and always will.

Pobble , I think you are Jim Harvey in disguise :shock: :shock: :shock:
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby essex_shrimp » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Have I lost something with Morecambe or something.

Yes I am only a follower of morecambe now 18months but.

sammy mac has got morecambe into its highest ever league position

got a good team and sqaud this season also and could have a outside chance of getting a playoff spot.

and yes he needs to be better at his sub's
essex_shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:33 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:Have I lost something

Your marbles!
Sammy h

Postby essex_shrimp » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:44 pm

I have indeed just my first passion is charlton athletic and i can never remember charlton fans getting on alan king curbishley back.

Just think we need to get behind the team more and more and get off sammy mac's back
essex_shrimp

Postby Bare Ben » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:00 pm

marky wrote:

I'm sorry?, I was making a valid point, sometimes my views are not generally forthright and they do not piss anyone off, on this occasion it was obviously my forthright view of Sammys forthright views that has generally pissed you off. :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby mfcbro » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:03 pm

O.K i wasnt there but 2-1 down and changes in the 84 & 88 minutes ?
mfcbro

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:55 pm

I know nothing at all about managing a football team, but it seems like a no brainer that substitutions should be made between 60 and 70 minutes to give the subs a chance to make an impact.
I have often noticed that in the Premier League if a team isn't playing well the subs are often on around the 60 to 65 minute mark.
I also think that a manager can use this as a psychological thing with the team.
Before the game starts, he can tell the team that, apart from injuries, he will be putting on at least two subs around 60 to 65 minutes whatever the state of the game, so you'd all better decide right now if you're going to play well today, as two of you will be coming off.Make sure you're not the one to be subbed!!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:15 pm

Just ask Blackpool how subs when brought on early enough can change the course of a game.

No use waiting until 3/5/10 minutes to go.

:evil:
Christies Child

Postby MfcChris » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:22 pm

67 minutes is ideal - three quarters through the game.

Although Blackpool is not a very good example - Against Man Utd they brought a sub on replacing Varney then conceded a goal within a minute. Then brought another sub on, and conceded a goal within a minute :lol:
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:27 pm

MfcChris wrote:67 minutes is ideal - three quarters through the game.

Although Blackpool is not a very good example - Against Man Utd they brought a sub on replacing Varney then conceded a goal within a minute. Then brought another sub on, and conceded a goal within a minute :lol:

I was referring to Man Utd actually!
Christies Child

Postby middletonshrimp » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:02 am

Getting back to the original topic and not wanting to unduly knock Sammy as i genuinely think he has done wonders for the club; his Achilles heel has always been his reluctance to make substitutions when the game is screaming out for them. I too left the Torquay game with mixed emotions, elated by the win but incredulous that we didn't change the format with 20 minutes to go when we were fading into obscurity. Torquays subs made a significant impact much earlier and their sub that scored also came very close with a another cracking effort from outside the box 5 minutes earlier. Over the past 3 seasons there have been countless occasions when the game was crying out for a change and Sammy makes it in the last 10 minutes and it generally has no impact whatsoever as the subs dont usually have enough touches to get into the game. Against Torquay he was lucky but if you've watched them over the past few years the late subs have very rarely made any impact. Maybe sammy should give Mark the job of deciding on subs as he often looks as frustrated as the rest of us! Hope he proves me wrong today and we give Macclesfield a good thrashing! :mrgreen:
middletonshrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion