Poor day at the office

Re: Poor day at the office

Postby marky » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:25 pm

Keith, etc. Do you think it's just a case of the midfield getting more involved, playing more 'football' and getting into a game for 90 minutes rather than just the last however many? Is the problem more cosmetic than endemic? I'm really trying to be more positive here :P
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:29 pm

I think the midfield work hard but rarely produce 'on the deck, forward passes'. Too often, if we strung four passes together, it still resulted in a backwards ball. When Stanners came on, we were playing with one less midfield player, yet the midfield became more effective, simply because Stanners was prepared to run forward with the ball. I think we are playing deep to keep things tight. I would like to see the midfield pushing forwards.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:36 pm

OK, well that sounds like a problem that could begin to be rectified by a slight change in personnel and tactics. It's sounds like we've got the makings of a quality front pairing. Let's use them to their full potential :)
marky

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:12 am

Keith wrote:
Shrimpsscene wrote:Grimsby looked a good outfit Barnet did too

SEAN!!! I was there today!!! :lol: Grimsby looked awful! They were strong at the back but lacked any imagination. They looked like a team who would only score from a penalty. They looked like a team who hadn't won in ages and who would have a real struggle. If you thought they looked good, it demonstrates how awful we were for the first hour.

If Barnet looked such a good outfit, how come they've picked up one point in seven games? Have they really been so unlucky in six other games, or again, did we play in a manner that allowed them to look better than they really were? I hope it was the former, because I want to see Barnet stay clear of relegation, but if we play many more games like the first hour today, I'll be praying for them to go down just to improve our chances of staying up!

I still think we are better than we are demonstrating, but let's play on the deck and go out to win games from the first minute, not the 60th.

you were obviously looking the wrong way..... :lol: :lol:
Till, Hegarty (and Trotter in the first half) all played well
Barnet played well on the day the news on their youth player who died may have inspired them on the day
and please leave the coaching to sammy he knows what hes doing doesnt he???
teams dont go out to play badly but sometimes we do have off days
sammys substitution worked and we got a point
lets look to the lincoln game now
Shrimpsscene

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:46 am

Shrimpsscene wrote:and please leave the coaching to sammy he knows what hes doing doesnt he???

Come on Sean, if we all stopped being backroom managers, we'd have nothing to [strike]moan[/strike], I mean write about on here!!! :lol: :lol: :shock: :roll: :roll: :oops:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:31 am

Shrimpsscene wrote:
marky wrote:Give the chronic lack of pace in our side, the exclusion of Yates is puzzling. Last week Parrish was clearly at fault for their goal (mind, how Roche got beaten from that angle I've no idea) and this week McCann gives away a penalty. People have suggested Yates made a few mistakes but the two full backs from today seem to be making a few and also lack pace. Seems a no brainer to me.

You watched brief tv highlights to see the goal Andy Parrish wasnt to blame for the goal last week but the team was, a three pass move for the goal Adomah shouldnt have been allowed to get anywhere near it prior to what you saw had you been there marky you would have been able to make a better valued judgement on it.
Ryan McCann has played well in his last three games today was unlucky had the ref and liner been watching the game we would have won a free kick from a blatant handball
Dont forget Andy Parrish has been covering at left back due to illness with Adams and Mickeys injury
Also remember we are unbeaten in four games(people seem to forget that in the doom and gloom) and had a clean sheet against Shrewsbury Town
Yates hasnt figured because the manager feels he has better options ahead of him
full backs dont win matches but the two we have are doing fine

Now YOUR talking bollocks!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby BHmfc » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:15 am

I like to believe that i give an honest opinion on the team/players and if they play well i say they played well, yet when they they are shocking i,m prepared to say so. I have a question for Shrimpscene, i'm not taking the p**s, but do you watch the same game as me. Reading through your posts you say "Grimsby looked a good outfit Barnet did too" you also say "full backs dont win matches but the two we have are doing fine" elsewhere you say "we have a good squad". I'm sorry but i disagree, Grimsby and Barnet are bloody awful and we're not too far behind, Parrish is not a left back and it shows in every game (but i'm not going to destroy him because i know he is only covering for injuries) McCann however is very weak at right back, he made several schoolboy errors yesterday including the penalty when he lunged in missing the ball and going through the player. Finally, in my honest opinion, we do not have a good squad, a good squad is when you have 20/22 strong players who can all come into the first 11 and do a job. The squad we have this season is the weakest we've had for some time. In all respect to you Shrimpscene, i know you have contact with the players and so it must be difficult to criticise, but when you come out with some of the statements that you do, it becomes more difficult to take you seriously.
BHmfc

Postby Christies Child » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:24 am

Keith wrote:
Shrimpsscene wrote:and please leave the coaching to sammy he knows what hes doing doesnt he???

Do I detect some concern there Sean??????

:o :o :o
Christies Child

Postby Neil G » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:43 am

Christies Child wrote:
Keith wrote:

I stood near the dugouts in the paddock for the first time yesterday and was a bit shocked to hear how many people bark their opinions towards Sammy, maybe they would be better keeping it shut for a while, Sammy was as infuriated with the performance as anyone yesterday and at one point so wound up he turned and swore at someone. You would think that lives depended on the game yesterday with the amount of stress heads around, which was not really a concern but completely embarrassing :oops:
Neil G

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:51 am

weakest team ever????
my god i hope the board arent reading this
such gratitude
the team club and players need everyones support
Shrimpsscene

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:53 am

Christies Child wrote:
Keith wrote:

no ive no problem with the manager unlike yourself and some of the snipers on here
Shrimpsscene

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:59 am

Shrimpsscene wrote:weakest team ever????
my god i hope the board arent reading this
such gratitude
the team club and players need everyones support

Just thought I'd point out that the quote was actually...

BHmfc wrote:The squad we have this season is the weakest we've had for some time.

Not saying I agree with the statement, but there is a subtle difference between "some time" and "ever" :roll:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:15 am

:o :o :o[/quote]

no ive no problem with the manager unlike yourself and some of the snipers on here[/quote]

OK Sean..you want a straight answer....

Yes I have a problem with a management who seem happy to get 2 points out of 6 from games against so called poorer teams and I suspect that I'm not the only one.

Remember, it wasn't that long ago that YOU were just as guilty regarding sniping!
Christies Child

Postby marky » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:34 am

I don't think they're really happy CC (I'd be concerned if they were), but at the moment they seem to have fallen into the trap of saying in public what they believe they have to. Maybe it's a confidence thing - they don't want to say things in public that might dent confidence further. Mind you, if you want deluded read Chris Hughton's comments about Newcastle's performance yesterday!
marky

Postby Christies Child » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:56 am

How many of us want the manager to come out and say 'that was totally unacceptable. 2 points lost, rather than 1 gained. I will not accept performances like that no matter what the circumstances'......????

Tell it like it is. Supporters are not blind. They are expressing their concerns by staying away.
Christies Child

Postby Mark S » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:57 am

My God!

I am actually worried that some people who posted on here last night might not have made it through the night. I hope that there was no rope handy.

Whats going on? We are unbeaten in four matches. That is a positive. We were under par in the first 60 today and then Sammy changed it round and we almost won the match.

I think that some people come on here just for attention. Some people come on here to cause mischief and some come on to see if they can undermine the club and the management.

I said to my wife last night that I could almost predict who was going to say what and come from which angle. We have one guy who has delusions of granduer and actually thinks that he knows better than the board and the management, one guy who is trying his best, after seeing a handfull of games in 2008, to convince everyone we are doomed (and whats worse people are listening) and we have another guy that is the biggest wind up merchant in the history of Shrimpsvoices and comes fishing just for fun.

Get a grip. We are playing League Football.

I hope to God that none of the players or the management read this crap. Get behind the team and support them instead of pulling them to bits.

:roll:
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:07 am

2 out of 3 can't be bad!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On a positive note...it's good to see that the club shop has been moved to a more prominent position. :D :D :D
Christies Child

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:11 am

Mark S wrote:My God!

I am actually worried that some people who posted on here last night might not have made it through the night. I hope that there was no rope handy.

Whats going on? We are unbeaten in four matches. That is a positive. We were under par in the first 60 today and then Sammy changed it round and we almost won the match.

I think that some people come on here just for attention. Some people come on here to cause mischief and some come on to see if they can undermine the club and the management.

I said to my wife last night that I could almost predict who was going to say what and come from which angle. We have one guy who has delusions of granduer and actually thinks that he knows better than the board and the management, one guy who is trying his best, after seeing a handfull of games in 2008, to convince everyone we are doomed (and whats worse people are listening) and we have another guy that is the biggest wind up merchant in the history of Shrimpsvoices and comes fishing just for fun.

I hope to God that none of the players or the management read this crap. Get behind the team and support them instead of pulling them to bits.

:D well put mark
the best thing about this board in weeks for me apart from potentially lining up negative ned in the programme :o is something ive been trying to sort for weeks and all of a sudden a fellow poster has exactly what ive been looking for
good man neil g
:D

cheers sean you see its not all that bad :lol:
Shrimpsscene

Postby BHmfc » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:25 am

Am i included in any of the above, if so which one. I would like to make it clear that i try and be constructive in my posts and say it as I see it, by the way, i will be at the next home match and the next and the next, win lose or draw, playing badly or like champions. I will follow the Shrimps through good times and bad like i have done for many many years but when we play like we did for the first 65 minutes yesterday, nobody will take my right away from giving my honest opinion, if the truth offends, then God help open and honest debate. PS Thanks Keith for highlighting Shrimpsscene mis-reading of my earlier post
BHmfc

Postby Christies Child » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:50 am

I'm with you BHmfc about supporting our club come what may.

My problem (well one that I will admit to) is that I and everybody else on SVs know that the team are capable of so much more.

That's what I find it so bloody frustrating and, if I'm being perfectly honest that's the reason I 'sound off' probably too much for some, but in reality I care so much that my feelings and thoughts get the better of me.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:39 pm

CC i think you've come to expect too much, everyone knew this was going to be one of the hardest seasons for a long time. Our squad is still not much different in terms of players and quality from when we got got promoted, yes it's better but it's not good enough to be expecting to win plenty of games. The management have done a great job of attracting the players we have and their doing their best to win games. Yeh you can criticise the management and players but their doing a good job seeing as what they have to work with.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:59 pm

:

Ben was carrying one round with him last night. I was sure that the Liverpool result was the final straw, but he seems to be alive and kicking this afternoon :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:31 pm

BHmfc, I suspect one of the people Mark S was referring to is me. In response, I don't think we're doomed. Barring total disaster we'll still be a league club come next May. By the way, I base my opinions on everything I read here, good or bad, on reports & my own eyewitnesses. So, if anything, you're all to blame :lol:

POSITIVE ALERT
Having been a long time critic of Wayne Curtis, it's good to hear he's playing well. There. You see I can do it :P
marky

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:53 pm

The Grimsby team yesterday were the poorest league team (bar Rotherham under exceptional circumstances last season) that I have seen at Christie.

I didn't get to Barnet so cannot comment on that but yesterday 2 points were lost.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby campdave » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:21 pm

Mark S wrote:

On other boards I go to, people play bingo, waiting for the same old people to say the same old things over and over again. Anyone fancy starting a SV version? :lol:
campdave

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion