Mullers or Hendrie?

Re: Mullers or Hendrie?

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Same here CC I have missed two games this season today and Stockport.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby ezz » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:40 pm

If you missed today, you'll be told the answerr to the thread is hendrie ;)
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Hendrie looked sharp today, definetly worth giving a few starts. :)
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:53 pm

Respect to Paul Mullin, he always gives his best, but isn't taking the chances that come his way, nor is he finding a Morecambe player very often with his headed flick-ons.

Hendrie looked sharp for the few minutes he was on today and it may be an opportunity in the next away game to give him a start. But we have to play the Barcelona way if we have both Shuker and Hendrie up front.
Caged Lion

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:50 pm

HENDRIE
heysham_mfc

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:52 pm

I think this is an area where we could surprise a few teams..most of the League 2 defences have big strong central defenders who can head it clear in their sleep, but they never look as comfortable when the ball is on the ground and they have to turn, which is why the way to go could be Wilson, Fleming, Shuker, Hendrie and Duffy!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:28 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:I think this is an area where we could surprise a few teams..most of the League 2 defences have big strong central defenders who can head it clear in their sleep, but they never look as comfortable when the ball is on the ground and they have to turn, which is why the way to go could be Wilson, Fleming, Shuker, Hendrie and Duffy!

Exactly. Torquay were a perfect example of that theory. Fit and quick but neither their forwards nor their defence were nimble.
Caged Lion

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:59 pm

Mullin must not start the next game, give Hendrie a chance!
Sammy h

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Sammy h wrote:Mullin must not start the next game, give Hendrie a chance!

Don't think Stevenage is the right game for a full start. They are a big, strong, physical side and we'll need to compete with that. IMO Hendrie should be sub again but brought on sooner if things aren't working.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:13 pm

broadwayshrimp wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Mullin must not start the next game, give Hendrie a chance!

Don't think Stevenage is the right game for a full start. They are a big, strong, physical side and we'll need to compete with that. IMO Hendrie should be sub again but brought on sooner if things aren't working.

That's the thing though, Mullin isn't even strong, he doesn't know how to head a ball. Will JEvons be back next week?
Sammy h

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:27 pm

Sammy h wrote:That's the thing though, Mullin isn't even strong,

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
broadwayshrimp

Postby keepthefaith » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:01 pm

Mullin to start at Stevenage (if Jevons isn't fit)
Stevenage are a very physical, almost bullying side and Hendrie will have no chance. He is too small and not strong enough in the reserves against kids his own size.
keepthefaith

Postby essex_shrimp » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:04 pm

Mullins start I hope vs Stevenage
essex_shrimp

Postby marky » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:27 pm

keepthefaith wrote:Stevenage are a very physical, almost bullying side and Hendrie will have no chance. He is too small and not strong enough in the reserves against kids his own size.

All the more reason to hit them where it hurts and play a bit of pace. Players of Mullin's ilk are meat and drink to big, physical defenders. When we play Mullin we forget to pass the ball and you play into the hands to big lumps by doing that. For once I'd like to see Sammy pick a side to win. How do you beat Stevenage? By running at them with pace, very much akin to how teams used to try and beat us when we had Bentley and Artell playing alongside each other. Hendrie may not be able to hold a ball up, but whenever I see Mullin, that skill has been conspicuous by its absense in his play as well!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:34 pm

marky wrote:
keepthefaith wrote:Stevenage are a very physical, almost bullying side and Hendrie will have no chance. He is too small and not strong enough in the reserves against kids his own size.

All the more reason to hit them where it hurts and play a bit of pace. Players of Mullin's ilk are meat and drink to big, physical defenders. When we play Mullin we forget to pass the ball and you play into the hands to big lumps by doing that. For once I'd like to see Sammy pick a side to win. How do you beat Stevenage? By running at them with pace, very much akin to how teams used to try and beat us when we had Bentley and Artell playing alongside each other. Hendrie may not be able to hold a ball up, but whenever I see Mullin, that skill has been conspicuous by its absense in his play as well!

So who've we got with pace
broadwayshrimp

Postby Bellers The Shrimp » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:37 pm

The fact we play such nice fooball on the floor means i'd definitely give Hendrie a go! :D
Bellers The Shrimp

Postby MfcChris » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:00 pm

And Stevenage are not having as good as a season as our first. Don't even think they have won back to back league wins. We need to be very solid at the back I think Sammy will go the same way as Torquay game, but for a 0-0 draw and hope of nicking a goal. Don't think it is going to be pretty, although back in the day when both teams were flying high we always drew 3-3.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:02 pm

i definitely wouldn't start with Hendrie he's not the answer just yet and needs to spend more time in the gym building himself up way to lightweight he's smaller than Hunter

but am all for starting without Mullin in order to play better football but i dont see Mullin as a scapegoat he is useful to have when you cant break a defence down you can then bring him on as a impact sub to batter them or play him against teams who have small defenders

am hoping Jevons is fit for the next game if not id go maybe Duffy and Shuker upfront and play somebody else in the right Midfield and not Hunter
George Dawes

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:09 pm

Start with Hendrie, Shuker, Duffy and Wilson to give the Stevenage henchmen a severe runaround for 75 minutes, then bring on Mullers with fresh legs and lump the ball up to him with Fleming mopping up.

When Mullin first came to us he had numerous one-on-one situations and missed most. How come we don't create those kind of chances any more?
Caged Lion

Postby parceldave » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:16 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:I think this is an area where we could surprise a few teams..most of the League 2 defences have big strong central defenders who can head it clear in their sleep, but they never look as comfortable when the ball is on the ground and they have to turn, which is why the way to go could be Wilson, Fleming, Shuker, Hendrie and Duffy!

You could add Brown to that list too, as i thought we struggled in midfield again yesterday, Torquay played through the middle like a practice match with nobody tackling them especially in the second half. If as someone suggested that we need to get physical then we could play Jimbo as centre-forward , im sure he would relish the challenge. ;)
parceldave

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:26 pm

We should definitely play Hendrie. The Torquay defenders were really big players and very physical and Mullin didn't have a chance against them. Hendrie came on, then we started playing nice on the floor football and split them apart tp win two penalties!
Little Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:56 pm

the next few games

if Jevons is not fit

Roche
Parrish McCready Charnock ?
Brown Stanley Fleming Wilson
Duffy Shuker

if Jevons is fit

Roche
Duffy Stanley Fleming Wilson
Jevons Shuker

and ave put a question mark at left-back because Caphaldi looks like he's played his last game for us could be wrong.
George Dawes

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:00 pm

DawZi wrote:the next few games

if Jevons is not fit

Roche
Duffy Shuker

if Jevons is fit

Roche
Shuker Jevons

and ave put a question mark at left-back because Caphaldi looks like he's played his last game for us could be wrong.

Duffy's a great player but striker really isn't his position.
Little Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:

if Jevons is not fit

Roche
Duffy Shuker

if Jevons is fit

Roche
Shuker Jevons

Duffy's a great player but striker really isn't his position.

so whats the answer you'd rather have Mullin there? or a boy against men with Hendrie ?

and i think i know what your gonna say :)
George Dawes

Postby parceldave » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:06 pm

if Jevons is not fit

Roche
Duffy Shuker

if Jevons is fit

Roche
Jevons Shuker

Not bad but i dont think Stanners has played anywhere near his best the last couple of games and yesterday was too easy for their midfield. May i suggest Haining :o
parceldave

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion