Mullers or Hendrie?

Mullers or Hendrie?

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:45 pm

I'd love to see young Hendrie start his full league debut tomorrow but I've a feeling that it will be Mullers which then suggests it'll be the long ball payed in the air to the big man. Unfortunately that nearly always leads to a boring and predictable game.

We outplay anybody in this league when we play it on the deck. But in the air....????

Sammy if you do read this...'give the young lad a start. Not 5 minutes at the end of the game.....please'
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Mullers or Hendrie?

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:50 pm

It could be Fleming and Shuker :o :o

Fleming scored 4 goals in his first 2 games then disappeared.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Please let it she Hendrie I don't think I could cope with another bore fest of lumping it up to Mullin. We have won the last two games without him that should tell Sammy something.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby ockers » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:52 pm

my money is on Mullin and Shuker
little and large.... a great double act!!
ockers

Postby Sammy h » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Jevons and Shuker? Is Jevo still injured?

Please don't play Mullin.
Sammy h

Postby bill ding » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:04 pm

I think the important question is will we get a game tomorrow ?
Just seen tomorrows weather and its giving up to 2" of rain with very strong winds.
Bearing in mind the Torquay team will already be bunked up somewhere local and any supporters coming will be setting off in the middle of the night to travel up .
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby ockers » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Sammy h wrote:Jevons and Shuker? Is Jevo still injured?

Please don't play Mullin.

Jevons is still recovering from injury
ockers

Postby parceldave » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:20 pm

ockers wrote:my money is on Mullin and Shuker

But they are well past it now Sean, we need to keep the ball on the deck tomorrow with those strong winds and Mullin is no good with his feet . We might as well play Jimbo at centre forward , he's just as good if not better at heading the ball and he certainly wont get pushed over as easy . ;)
parceldave

Postby ockers » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:25 pm

parceldave wrote:
ockers wrote:my money is on Mullin and Shuker

But they are well past it now Sean, we need to keep the ball on the deck tomorrow with those strong winds and Mullin is no good with his feet . We might as well play Jimbo at centre forward , he's just as good if not better at heading the ball and he certainly wont get pushed over as easy . ;)

im only guessing dave...... im not advocating...... but we dont have young spencer sadly.........
ockers

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm

[quote="ockers"]my money is on Mullin and Shuker
little and large.... a great double act!![/quote]

A 'great double act' usually refers to a comedy duo..... :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Hendrie ;)
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby morecambe mick » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Shearer?

:lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby bigreddog » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:40 pm

given that Jevs is injured and jimmy spencer is suspended I suspect, like sean, suspect it will be Mulls and Shuker. with maybe Hendrie on the bench to come on. you have to put chris on given his recent run and whether you like Mulls or not, you cannot doubt his work ethic and his ability to give the centre backs a tough game in the air. and they do tend to give away opportunities on the edge of the box.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby parceldave » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:02 pm

bigreddog wrote:given that Jevs is injured and jimmy spencer is suspended I suspect, like sean, suspect it will be Mulls and Shuker. with maybe Hendrie on the bench to come on. you have to put chris on given his recent run and whether you like Mulls or not, you cannot doubt his work ethic and his ability to give the centre backs a tough game in the air. and they do tend to give away opportunities on the edge of the box.

Its not that people dont like Mulls Darren its the style of football we adopt when he is on the pitch, like against Accy as i heard it was hoof boring football. Where as the last couple of games there has been a marked improvement with football being played as it should be , on the deck . :) . But with the weather that is predicted for tomorrow the last thing we want is hit and hope the ball lands on Mullins head. Its a shame as Spencer was just starting to improve and his confidence was growing too, but the only player with similar attributes i would say is Flemming maybe. :o
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:19 pm

I see you can now string a sentence together Dave, obviously you must have recovered from last weekend unlike some :lol:

Real shame about Jimmy S, he was just getting his act together really well
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:38 pm

marky No.1 wrote:I see you can now string a sentence together Dave, obviously you must have recovered from last weekend unlike some :lol:

Real shame about Jimmy S, he was just getting his act together really well

Oh dear sorry to hear you havn't recovered Mark :lol: :lol: , did i drive you to drink :o .

Surprised nobody has come up with suggested line-up for tomorrow. :roll:
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:53 pm

I would guess that we will all expect the same starting line up as Shrewsbury apart from Jimmy obviously, hence the title of this thread for who will take his place. I would like to see a 4 pronged salvo with Willow a bit narrower, Shuker with Fleming in tandem and Duffs. They would be well suited to the conditions and run a few rings round their defence IMO. Young Mr Hendrie will get his chance with this 5 yr contract that some clown says he is getting :?
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:58 am

I think Sammy will stick to the same formation and personnel where possible that has brought two wins on the spin, and keep this until we get hammered and then he will tinker; this is what he usually does.

In a way this is a shame, because I think Sammy has actually had a good look at what he had available and came up with a game plan to beat both Stockport and Salop. I don't really know much about Torquay and how they play, but given the options that we now have in midfield I'm all for Sammy changing things around game by game, trying to implement the best system on the day for a particular opponent. At times his team selection can be a bit predictable, even the timing of subs etc. Although you could say 'If it aint broke, don't fix it'.

I think Sammy will go with Mullins upfront with Shuker tomorrow, but agree that Hendrie should get some decent game time if Jevs is not available. He might be Sammys clockwork 65 minute first sub? Fresh legs to bring on for either of the bus pass boys when the defence is tiring. I very much doubt he has been offered a 5 year contract though, although Mr. Dedication is hardly a credible source.
RedRedWine1

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:21 am

RedRedWine wrote:I think Sammy will stick to the same formation and personnel where possible that has brought two wins on the spin, and keep this until we get hammered and then he will tinker; this is what he usually does.

yep.

my bet is Mullin for Spencer looks like it's going to be one long afternoon :|
George Dawes

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:31 am

I'd give Hendrie a chance, with Jevons out and Spencer suspended, when else is he ever going to give him a run out?
Crooky MFC

Postby jonnythedog » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:40 am

I'm going with Mullers to get a perfect hat-trick today. One off the shin, one off the hip and one off his backside.
jonnythedog

Postby BHmfc » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Got to be Fleming, with Hendrie and Mullin on the bench. Our last two games (without Mullin) we kept the ball on the floor and started to play football and got two great results. No disrespect to Mullin but when he plays (this season), we forget to play football, are unable to put passes together and just go for the boring, boring long punt upfield to the slowest player on the pitch. No wonder several people standing near me during the Accy game said they will not be returning if this is the type of football we are now playing, so come on SMc, select Fleming, keep the ball on the deck and lets get back to the type of football that fans want to see.
BHmfc

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Answer to the question is officially Mullin
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:19 pm

Sounds as though young Hendrie looked good when he eventually came on. Glen on The Bay would have liked the subs on a wee bit earlier...but what the hell...we won!

Made me forget my bronchitis for the last 5 minutes!

Maybe I should stay away a bit more often? :o

NO CHANCE.... ;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby parkyboy » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:24 pm

The two subs ertainly made a big difference cos we had to play it on the round hence the chance of the 2 penalties
parkyboy

Next

Return to General Discussion