Fans Club for Morecambe

Re: Fans Club for Morecambe

Postby MFC Club Shop » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:30 pm

If it helps I don't mind you putting some flyers for the supporters club in the club shop on the counter for people to pick up.

Phill
Club Shop
MFC Club Shop

Postby ockers » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:35 pm

stoyles wrote:A press release was suggested, will it be possible to have somrthing in the program?

and we are aware not all fans read this forum hence the fliers to go out before the torquay game.

by all means pat email me asap
with text and Any artwork before Wednesday if you can
seanoconnor@morecambefc.com
ockers

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:55 pm

Ive posted on facebook under the group mfc bus and also mfc fixture...

It’s All About You…..

Fan’s club Morecambe needs your support and ideas

Come along to the first fan’s club Morecambe

The Globe Bar, Tuesday 18th Jan @ 7pm

For further details or to register interest in joining contact Darren Clifford

Tel. 07723956102 E-mail darrenclifford123@btinternet.com

Or pm bigreddog at www.shrimspvoices.co.uk

Just thought it may entice a few more to turn up!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby stoyles » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:18 pm

Darren could you email your proof to sean please
stoyles

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:18 pm

Gnasher wrote:
ockers wrote:Nothing as such brian
just think people like mike and Alison would be valuable
persons to have on board
I just think if everyone is involved I think any supporters club
would be in a stronger position that's all
they've done sterling work in the past
just a thought rather than a new group possibly getting stuck
where they could work with those who've worked hard over the years
only a thought

Although I'm rarely seen at the ground, I still talk to people and the impression a lot of people have is the supporters club (that we know as Allison, Mike & Ian) is no longer running. If the structure IS still there along with the membership rules, etc then it's the best place to start as I suspect it would also have the necessary allegiance to the supporters federation.

It is still running but just as a travel club to get to away games they don't have any meetings or anything like that.
heysham_mfc

Postby bigreddog » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:20 pm

Thanks for the interjection sean. As you are probably aware this acorn of an idea, and I personaly have no idea of its origins, only got any legs when people met over a drink after the Accy game. It's clear that there is not at present an active supporters club, but that the away travel club still makes a valuable contribution. Those who have done this before, and there are many, deserve an immense amount of credit for all their hard work over the years, and we will do well to listen to them and their experience, especially Alison et al on the pitfalls that they have encountered.

Anyone wanting to get involved in a new, or re-invigorated supporters club should be in no doubt that it will be bloody hard work, and probably very frustrating at times. but we need to build on the achievements of Mike, Alison and others and have another go.

we're now all of 10 days into the nucleus of the ideas put forward, which is why we're planning to leaflet at the ground. It's very kind of you to offer to put something into the programme, and I will send some words to you via the usual channels. I've been trying to get in touch with some club officials to get formal permission and discuss the whole thing with those people at the club who already have and continue to work hard to make sure we're a really important part of the fabric of our community.

whatever the enthusiasms of those willing to get involved, they want to add to and support the work already being done by the club, not detract from it. I hope that anyone who's put all that effort into supporters groups in the past feels able to come along and enable those that arrive with a bit of a blank sheet of paper to really benfit from their experience. Or if they have any advice it would be gratefully received especially by me( like I've said on here before, me even being involved is a bit of an accident)

anyone that want to get in touch can always call me on: 07723956102 or pm me on here, or indeed if they'd prefer they can e-mail me: darrenclifford123@btinternet.com
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Keith » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:22 pm

just to avoid any confusion, I e-mailed Mike when the original thread was 'live', so he was aware of the discussions and inviting him to post his opinions.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby stoyles » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:04 pm

KEITH any chance this could be made a sticky for now?
stoyles

Postby Keith » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:17 pm

stoyles wrote:KEITH any chance this could be made a sticky for now?

I'm not a fan of 'stickies', if there is enough news and interest, the thread will remain high on page one anyway, so for the moment, I'll leave it as is. Hopefully it will have enough interest (and success) to keep it live.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby bigreddog » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Many thanks for all the e-mails and pm's and mails on facebook that have been flying around over the last few days. not only do we have a lot of potential volunteers for key roles but people willing to dedicate their time to the technical bits of the supports club. We have also been talking to some printers and I thank each and every one of those people who have offered their facilities. Hopefully we will continue to have a fruitful relationship with them and any potential sponsors. All sponsorship will be gratefully received of course.

Thanks to the printers who have given us their free time to be able to print off the flyers, I hope you all like them when they get handed out on saturday. Although they wish to remain anonymous I'd like to express my thanks for their very generous donation.

Anyone else wanting to get involved in handing out the flyers would be most welcome, just give me a shout.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
bigreddog

Postby ockers » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:43 am

stoyles wrote:Darren could you email your proof to sean please

received thanks.. :)
ockers

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:50 pm

stoyles wrote:KEITH any chance this could be made a sticky for now?

A compromise... announcement locked & stuck until the meeting date. Hope there's a good turnout

Keith
Site Admin

Postby stoyles » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:47 pm

By the reaction i'm getting already I'm not sure that the bar will be a big enough venue :lol: :D :lol: (same as match days then) :twisted:
stoyles

Postby bigreddog » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:35 pm

I hope that's the case Pat, but we need to be mindful that we walk before we can run, our aims may be modest to begin with, but so long as our motives are to further the cause of this magnificent football club, then we'll get our just rewards. i want a fan base that grows and grows and keeps in touch with its soul, if we can be a small part of that then I will be a very happy man. it's about making sure that the crowds grow and that the feeling that as you join the crowd, you join a family that really motivates me.

I hope I wont get told off by our former kit manufacturers, but it really is all about the heart and soul of our football club.

I've been absolutely crushed by e-mails tonight to join the supporters club, so I know it has potential, thank you to everyone that wants to get involved. it's just the first baby steps, but remember, that's what a load of people in a pub though in 1920.
Fans' Club Morecambe

bigreddog

Postby Toby_Greenwood » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:37 pm

I read the opening post of this topic with great interest, it is great to see so many fans wanting to become involved in the supporters club. We will be opening the Globe Bar on the evening of Tuesday 18th Jan for this meeting, and will be pleased to provide some complimentary refreshments for those attending the meeting. The bar will of course be open and we will be running some drinks promotions on the night as well. Some of the Hospitality Management team would like to attend, not to take over in any way, but to hear what proposals are brought forward and to look into how the Hospitality Team may be able to help in any way.

Toby Greenwood
Morecambe Football Club
Hospitality Team
Toby_Greenwood

Postby Ntini » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Toby_Greenwood wrote:I read the opening post of this topic with great interest, it is great to see so many fans wanting to become involved in the supporters club. We will be opening the Globe Bar on the evening of Tuesday 18th Jan for this meeting, and will be pleased to provide some complimentary refreshments for those attending the meeting. The bar will of course be open and we will be running some drinks promotions on the night as well. Some of the Hospitality Management team would like to attend, not to take over in any way, but to hear what proposals are brought forward and to look into how the Hospitality Team may be able to help in any way.

Toby Greenwood
Morecambe Football Club
Hospitality Team

That's great to hear and I'm sure your support will be greatly appreciated.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Sammy h » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Toby_Greenwood wrote:I read the opening post of this topic with great interest, it is great to see so many fans wanting to become involved in the supporters club. We will be opening the Globe Bar on the evening of Tuesday 18th Jan for this meeting, and will be pleased to provide some complimentary refreshments for those attending the meeting. The bar will of course be open and we will be running some drinks promotions on the night as well. Some of the Hospitality Management team would like to attend, not to take over in any way, but to hear what proposals are brought forward and to look into how the Hospitality Team may be able to help in any way.

Toby Greenwood
Morecambe Football Club
Hospitality Team

Much appreciated Toby, any food going to be on? Hunters chicken would be preferable :lol:
Sammy h

Postby bigreddog » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Many thanks Toby, many thanks for everything, I look forward to seeing you on Tuesday night, and I understand Mike O'Brien will possibly be there too. I had a really good chat with Mark Dixon, our commercial director, this afternoon and the club are really behind the idea and want to do all they can to help. A big thank you to Mark and the rest of the team, especially for all that they are doing to help publicise the meeting on tuesday and all the hospitality on Tuesday too. I'm sure there will be many more thank you's to do on Tuesday. I look forward to seeing everybody then.
Fans' Club Morecambe

bigreddog

Postby bigreddog » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:13 pm

By the way, our friend Sam Hamblett has set up a Facebook group for Fans Club Morecambe which we'll use as another way to communicate with people. you can find it at:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&view=members

if you go on facebook on a regular basis it may be fun to "tag" yourself in the picture of the crowd that keith was kind enough to let us use for the flyer, I wonder how many people can find themselves?
Fans' Club Morecambe

bigreddog

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:47 pm

All sounds great will defo try and make it to the meeting.
heysham_mfc

Postby thegentlegiant » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:30 am

Toby Greenwood
Morecambe Football Club
Hospitality Team

Brilliant stuff glad the club are behind us, we certainly have lots of ideas and having you guys there we can get some of the answers we need to progress certain ideas!!
thegentlegiant

Postby stoyles » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Excellent news to have the support of OUR club.
stoyles

Postby bigreddog » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Just a reminder to any who are interested or have already volunteered to hand out flyers tomorrow, we will be meeting at 1300 (1pm for non 24 hour clock people) at the main entrance of the Peter McGuigan Stand. We'll then have a quick chat and then get to it. Or maybe have a quick beer and get to it, depending on how busy it is.

Many thanks again for all the offers of help. see you all tomorrow. Any queeries just give me a call or text on my usual number ( 0772395102)
Fans' Club Morecambe

bigreddog

Postby bigreddog » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:28 am

bigreddog wrote:Just a reminder to any who are interested or have already volunteered to hand out flyers tomorrow, we will be meeting at 1300 (1pm for non 24 hour clock people) at the main entrance of the Peter McGuigan Stand. We'll then have a quick chat and then get to it. Or maybe have a quick beer and get to it, depending on how busy it is.

Many thanks again for all the offers of help. see you all tomorrow. Any queeries just give me a call or text on my usual number ( 0772395102)

you'll also see flyers/posters in and around the club in key areas, many thanks to the club for giving us permission, most especially to Mark Dixon for his help and to Phill from the club shop. see you all there. good luck to Sammy and the lads, and let's hear some noise.
Fans' Club Morecambe

bigreddog

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Hope the distribution went well. Not a great crowd on a grim day by the sound of it. Might be worth taking some spares in to The York? Leave some in Sainsbury's and ASDA?

Keith
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion