Painting the barriers at the Globe

Painting the barriers at the Globe

Postby Wild Bill » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:34 am

I have read a fair amount about the lack of colour at the Globe and may have a solution...

I work for a local training provider that runs a community project provision, that organises projects for the unemployed who want to gain skills etc. We have done projects at the Vale of Lune Rugby Club, Lancaster Boys and Girls Club etc but now need a new project...

Does anyone know who to contact at the club about offering our services for painting the barriers at the ground? There would be no fees involved but the club would need to supply the paint!

If you are from the club and are reading this PM me for more details. Thanks. :D
Wild Bill

Re: Painting the barriers at the Globe

Postby Ntini » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Sounds like a good little offer for the club and a bit of PR to go with it! I'd imagine Rod Taylor would be the one to get in touch with, or possibly Janet Preston being the head of the Community side of things.

If you approached one of the local DIY suppliers you might even be able to get the paint for free! In which case:

PAINT IT ALL RED!!!

If it's metal, paint it!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Harry » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:07 pm

I approached Rod Taylor about painting the barriers in October, however he had been advised by our chief security officer that they weren't allowed to be painted for a certain period because of rusting issues! Feel free to have another crack though!
Harry

Postby ockers » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Perhaps ring the club and ask to speak with Brian Fagan
hes the stadium manager
ockers

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:05 pm

and while your at it can you ask them where my wedding brochure is :evil:

Nice gesture Wild Bill even if you can't paint the railings yet it would be good if they could form an alliance with your group for other future projects that might be benifical to you both.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Had a chat today with Michael Stringfellow and he seemed very happy to work with us and our learners offering work experience in the community side of the club and the matchdays.

He needs to speak to the stadium manager about the paint job but hopefully we can get the place brightened up sooner rather than later. It will look loads better when all the barriers are red!

Got the full guided tour too including the Police Control Room, Directors' Boxes and Changing Rooms. Very nice indeed. The boxes views are awesome!
Wild Bill

Postby bigreddog » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:50 pm

that sounds brilliant, yet another example of club and community working together for mutual benefit. I look forward to seeing the fruits of your work in the future. now if only we could get another couple of thousand people to come and watch the game....
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby outsider » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:46 am

bigreddog wrote:that sounds brilliant, yet another example of club and community working together for mutual benefit. I look forward to seeing the fruits of your work in the future. now if only we could get another couple of thousand people to come and watch the game....

Would not need to paint them if there were 2000 more people there as they would noy be seen. ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Shrimpman » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:15 pm

Wild Bill wrote:I have read a fair amount about the lack of colour at the Globe and may have a solution...

I work for a local training provider that runs a community project provision, that organises projects for the unemployed who want to gain skills etc. We have done projects at the Vale of Lune Rugby Club, Lancaster Boys and Girls Club etc but now need a new project...

Does anyone know who to contact at the club about offering our services for painting the barriers at the ground? There would be no fees involved but the club would need to supply the paint!

If you are from the club and are reading this PM me for more details. Thanks. :D

there is a thread that was started by yourself that inclused a debate about the lack of paint & the reasons why it the galvanaised barriers cant be painted straight away
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9652
Shrimpman

Return to General Discussion