All Red

All Red

Postby Jack Poulton » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:07 am

Is it a coincidence that we have won and dominated our last 2 games playing in all red? I recall some great performances wearing this strip. In the 60's we won everything playin in all red. Bill Shankly changed Liverpool to it because it made the team looked bigger and more aggressive. So what about it. I thought we looked great in it at both games.
Jack Poulton

Re: All Red

Postby Ntini » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:47 am

Jack Poulton wrote:Is it a coincidence that we have won and dominated our last 2 games playing in all red? I recall some great performances wearing this strip. In the 60's we won everything playin in all red. Bill Shankly changed Liverpool to it because it made the team looked bigger and more aggressive. So what about it. I thought we looked great in it at both games.

I agree that the 'all red' strip did look very good in both games.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Jack Poulton wrote:Is it a coincidence that we have won and dominated our last 2 games playing in all red?

Yes!

However, footballers can be superstitious beings, if they believe the all-red kit has worked then I don't see any harm in reverting to the all-red strip (I'm not sure if you are allowed to though, league rules etc?) until we get hammered. However, I suspect it will be rejected by the tinpot Mancs that swell our support base. Prior to plain red tops we've had various shirt designs…..my favourite was the thick red and black stripped AC Milan style top in the early nineties.

The blue away kit used to be lucky until we went to Dagenham last year!
RedRedWine1

Postby ezz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:31 pm

Psychologically teams that play in red are more successful, the colour red apparently is more intimidating to play against than any other colour. So we already have a good advantage, time to paint the stadium red and get the crowd coming in the 'red' morecambe shirts.....or just a red shirt.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:53 pm

We played in the all red strip in our first pre-season friendly this season, away at Barrow.

I too thought it looked fantastic and thought at the time that would be our new strip, all red.

Unfortunately we got duffed in that game 0-5, but how good did it look ?!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:46 pm

White shorts to all red, always a great idea :lol:

durhamshrimp

Return to General Discussion