We are on course for 39 pts

We are on course for 39 pts

Postby Ned » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:33 pm

Even though we have played possibly the two worst teams in the division we are already recording less than a point per game. Early days some will claim but others are now realising what has been patently obvious since pre season that we lack quality and pace throughout the squad. Today we were the worst of 2 poor teams until the last 15 mins yet prior to the game the zealots were predicting we would win based on a previous rearguard action from the previous week which was seen by management as an excellent performance against an inspired team. What a load of bollocks we made Barnet look good and please note that despite receiving rave reviews from our management last week Barnet lost again today. You will recall when we got stuffed by Notts Forest the management stated it was not that we were a poor team but that Forest were a top level team full of class; again bollocks as Forest are a poor team having a dreadfull season and getting all sorts of stick from their fans.
I am sorry but the problems are as follows:- we get absolutely nothing from the current fullbacks, the centre backs are iffy and the midfielders do not have the ability and pace (Stanley apart). There is a general lack of movement and natural speed of thought throughout the team which Mark Lillis can do nothing about. Every match we play in starts the same in that for the bulk of the first 20 mins we are defending and have difficulty playing our way into the opponents box and have to revert to our hit and hope balls. Interesting selection of Twiss as I overheard the club sec telling some people that Twiss has not impressed in the reserves and neither has the loan signing and as such could not understand why he was signed.
A word of caution for those who believe we are not in any danger of relegation and can use this season for the likes of Mcann, Parish and Carr to gain an extra yard of pace and a bucketfull more of ability! The 3 teams on minus points have already set their targets which could see at least 2 of them passing us especially if we only get 39 points. Can anyone see where the next win is coming from or am I being too negative?
Ned

Re: We are on course for 39 pts

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:45 pm

Evening Ned
Few questions of you dont mind answering them
Were you at Barnet?
why did you think we were able to overcome shrewsbury a fortnight ago?
How come you were in such close proximity to the club sec thought he stayed in the office?
Are you saying Craig Stanley is the best midfield player at this club?
With only 282 from Grimsby what do you attribute to the increased gate from the home crowd today?
do you mind telling me if youre a season ticket holder at all?
What is it that draws you back to watch us?
cheers sean
Shrimpsscene

Postby Aal » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:45 pm

Probably too early in the season to panic.

Many teams last season made a poor start but recovered to mid table after Christmas. Most of your points are valid but have you forgotten the great win over Shrewsbury.

The real skill in this division is adapting tactics to tackle opponents of varying quality. It's what makes it all so intriguing. Sammy and Mark know what they're doing at this level..hang on in there!!

Life is a rollercoaster....full of ups and downs
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:47 pm

Aal wrote:Probably too early in the season to panic.

Many teams last season made a poor start but recovered to mid table after Christmas. Most of your points are valid but have you forgotten the great win over Shrewsbury.

The real skill in this division is adapting tactics to tackle opponents of varying quality. It's what makes it all so intriguing. Sammy and Mark know what they're doing at this level..hang on in there!!

Life is a rollercoaster....full of ups and downs

i thought it was a minestrone full of parmesan cheese..... 8-)
Shrimpsscene

Postby marky » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:55 pm

It is too early to judge but my question is when will it be judgement day? 2 weeks? A month? Christmas? February? May? It is possible to have a bad start and recover. It's also possible to have a good start and falter (like we did last season).
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:01 pm

We are unbeaten in 4 games, keep the faith ;)
Crooky MFC

Postby Aal » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:05 pm

I'm sure that Barnet are not panicing yet and retain their faith in Paul Fairclough. Heard that their fans were terrific last week and gave their team tremendous support.

How on earth did we get that 'friendly club' award? I see a lot of unfriendly comments on here and lots of moaning and whinging on the terraces (and in the Main stand too)

However a true fan will support through thick and thin. Keep the faith.
Aal

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:06 pm

Aal wrote:Heard that their fans were terrific last week and gave their team tremendous support.

Up until our goal, yes. After that they were fairly quiet...and we were next to them.

The North Stand sang "stand up if you love Morecambe" today, no response from the Main Stand, like usual :?
Last edited by Crooky MFC on Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Crooky MFC

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:08 pm

Aal
the negative people on here reflect a small minority and will snipe at every little thing
these people just bring you down ive aske dned for a few answers i dont expect them i shouldnt bite i suppose
I believe the vast majority are enjoying our journey every step of the way and dont want to get off its been a wonderful time win lose or draw
Shrimpsscene

Postby marky » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:12 pm

Oh don't start that old chestnut. I know people who've been watching us for many, many years who moan and criticise. I'd be a season ticket holder if I could and I would criticise if I saw fit. Would that make me a 'non-true fan'. I don't think so. I think the friendly club is more to do with the way we treat our opposite numbers and how welcome they feel.

Shrimpsscene wrote:the negative people on here reflect a small minority and will snipe at every little thing
these people just bring you down ive aske dned for a few answers i dont expect them i shouldnt bite i suppose
I believe the vast majority are enjoying our journey every step of the way and dont want to get off its been a wonderful time win lose or draw

How would you know, up in your box? Just like I couldn't claim to speak for a majority, nor can you. I answered a number of your questions last week and you didn't reply. I'll hazard a guess that nobody enjoys losing so that's a daft thing to say. I will admit I admire your ability to be optimistic about the worst performances (and the posts on here and my contact reports suggest that for 75% of the game that's what it was).
marky

Postby Aal » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:19 pm

Yes as it happens it does make you a 'non-true fan' if your criticism is personal. You are entitled to get frustrated but just cos you pay ur money does not give you the right to jump off the deep end. Encouragement is the way of the true fan 8-) 8-)

marky wrote:Oh don't start that old chestnut. I know people who've been watching us for many, many years who moan and criticise. I'd be a season ticket holder if I could and I would criticise if I saw fit. Would that make me a 'non-true fan'. I don't think so. I think the friendly club is more to do with the way we treat our opposite numbers and how welcome they feel.
Aal

Postby marky » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:29 pm

:lol: I'll tell the people who've supported the team for what, 200 years between them you said that.
marky

Postby Aal » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:30 pm

Gosh do you really know 125 people?
Aal

Postby marky » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:34 pm

125? I can manage 200 years by including just 7 (of which I contribute around 16)...
marky

Postby Aal » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:39 pm

Sorry of course my comment was tongue in cheek.

I just hope you're not the type who refuses to applaud when a goal goes in or that disappears into the background on here when the Shrimps win a game stylishly.
Aal

Postby marky » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:44 pm

Do you mean a goal for us? Oh no, I've been known to jump around and I've don't think I've ever not applauded (though it was just polite applause when we scored against Rotherham :lol:). I've not had a chance to prove I won't disappear thus far if we start winning consistently but I won't. I'm afraid you lot are stuck with me.
marky

Postby Keith » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:46 pm

Aal wrote:I just hope you're not the type who refuses to applaud when a goal goes in...

Does that happen?

Aal wrote:or that disappears into the background on here when the Shrimps win a game stylishly.

It's been a while since that happened! But you are right, and that is frustrating that some people only ever post negatively. I firmly believe that building people up is far better than (only ever) knocking them down. I look forward to our next stylish victory.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:46 pm

marky wrote:Oh don't start that old chestnut. I know people who've been watching us for many, many years who moan and criticise. I'd be a season ticket holder if I could and I would criticise if I saw fit. Would that make me a 'non-true fan'. I don't think so. I think the friendly club is more to do with the way we treat our opposite numbers and how welcome they feel.

Shrimpsscene wrote:the negative people on here reflect a small minority and will snipe at every little thing

How would you know, up in your box? Just like I couldn't claim to speak for a majority, nor can you. I answered a number of your questions last week and you didn't reply. I'll hazard a guess that nobody enjoys losing so that's a daft thing to say. I will admit I admire your ability to be optimistic about the worst performances (and the posts on here and my contact reports suggest that for 75% of the game that's what it was).

unlike yourself from your constant barbs on here and negativity(i really wonder why on earth you come on here apart from the obvious winding up of people like myself) im an optimist but more importantly i believe in the team the manager and the club
Shrimpsscene

Postby Aal » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:50 pm

Yes Keith it does happen. There's an old fella stands near the dugouts, has a go at the players telling them what they ought to be doing. Clearly he gets under Sammy's skin. Never actually seen him smile, cheer or applaud.

He must be great at a party....

Keith wrote:
Aal wrote:I just hope you're not the type who refuses to applaud when a goal goes in...

Does that happen?

Aal wrote:or that disappears into the background on here when the Shrimps win a game stylishly.

It's been a while since that happened! But you are right, and that is frustrating that some people only ever post negatively. I firmly believe that building people up is far better than (only ever) knocking them down. I look forward to our next stylish victory.
Aal

Postby Ned » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:10 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:Evening Ned
Were you at Barnet?
How come you were in such close proximity to the club sec thought he stayed in the office?
With only 282 from Grimsby what do you attribute to the increased gate from the home crowd today?
cheers sean

Answers as requested:-

Yes I was at Barnet and thought we were fortunate to earn a ponit on the balance of play.
As previously reported in one of my posts we overcame Shrews with a combination of effort, a bit of luck with the run of the ball and we were due a win from somewhere.
I an mot aware of the secs movements on match days other than to say he was not in the office at the time.
The increased gate is due to the pay at the gate supporters who desperately want the team to come good and despite crticising previous performances are prepared to come back again especially if the weather is good.
I have been a season ticket holder (and more) a lot longer than you have been involved with the club.
I don't come to watch you Ockers but because it is my home town club.
The work you do for the club is commendable but as you are surrounded by like minded people who find nothing wrong with the team etc you appear to find it hard to acknowledge that there are many supporters who walk out after a poor performance and exclaim the team is shite! This human behaviour is repeated at all the professional clubs in the country.
Ned

Postby Aal » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:14 pm

Now now Ned, no need to get shirty.
Aal

Postby marky » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:19 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:unlike yourself from your constant barbs on here and negativity(i really wonder why on earth you come on here apart from the obvious winding up of people like myself) im an optimist but more importantly i believe in the team the manager and the club

I come on here, Sean, because, like it or not, I care just about about our club as you do. Your eternal optimism winds me up and sadly I usually bite and come across as more negative than I really am. I believe in the club management (directors, etc) and thus far I believe the team management are more than capable of sorting things out. However, at the moment I'm not convinced about the current playing squad. Is that negative? Yes, but results, reports and comments from people other than yourself suggest that the team hasn't got it right yet. I was ecstatic on Wembley day, I was thrilled with the first half of last season, the Carling Cup run was wonderful (and people on a non-football related forum can attest to the fact I'm proud of our club). I wasn't enamoured with the second half of last season nor am I with the first 7 games of this one. I'm not going to disguise that. I'll be back in town for the Exeter game. With any luck things will look a little brighter by then.
marky

Postby OvertheBar » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:20 pm

This is a 'forum' and a place for discussion and debate, disagreement even! So what is wrong with NegNed being negative on here? He generates response and gets things stirred up.

At the game I never criticise our players (not much anyhow :roll: ) I give my own version of a roar 'gooo ooonn then' 'get in there' and love to moan at the ref, it should be said that the ref was atrocious today, but on the way home love to dissect the tactics, argue about the inept performance, re-run Waynaldos clever move just before the free kick was taken and his deft flickering header to get us a goal, and wonder why my favourite player was started on the bench again and loads of other useless trivia with the missus. It also strikes me as peculiar that she never agrees with my assessment of the players (apart from Waynaldo of course).

I think that NegNed and all the other whingers on here (including myself) should be respected for being passionate enough about the club to bother sharing their thoughts. It may be that you don't like the things they have to say, but it certainly doesn't mean that they are less of a supporter, and it surely isn't going to make one jot of difference to the team that Sammy will select against Lincoln. NegNed must be going to the home games at least because he is fairly accurate in his assessment of the performances.

Keep up the moaning Ned if it means you keep going to the games, if only to prove that you are correct about your whinging.
OvertheBar

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:59 pm

Negative Ned wrote:
Shrimpsscene wrote:Evening Ned
Were you at Barnet?
cheers sean

Answers as requested:-

Yes I was at Barnet and thought we were fortunate to earn a ponit on the balance of play.
As previously reported in one of my posts we overcame Shrews with a combination of effort, a bit of luck with the run of the ball and we were due a win from somewhere.
I an mot aware of the secs movements on match days other than to say he was not in the office at the time.
The increased gate is due to the pay at the gate supporters who desperately want the team to come good and despite crticising previous performances are prepared to come back again especially if the weather is good.
I have been a season ticket holder (and more) a lot longer than you have been involved with the club.
I don't come to watch you Ockers but because it is my home town club.
The work you do for the club is commendable but as you are surrounded by like minded people who find nothing wrong with the team etc you appear to find it hard to acknowledge that there are many supporters who walk out after a poor performance and exclaim the team is shite! This human behaviour is repeated at all the professional clubs in the country.

cheers ned thanks for those answers
appreciate that
im not happy when we lose believe me but im always hopeful that we do better next time
keep up the support good to hear you were at barnet
hope i can make lincoln
we should have a beer and a chat!!!
thansk for the kind word too hope you buy a programme!!!
sean
Shrimpsscene

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:05 am

marky wrote:
Shrimpsscene wrote:unlike yourself from your constant barbs on here and negativity(i really wonder why on earth you come on here apart from the obvious winding up of people like myself) im an optimist but more importantly i believe in the team the manager and the club

I come on here, Sean, because, like it or not, I care just about about our club as you do. Your eternal optimism winds me up and sadly I usually bite and come across as more negative than I really am. I believe in the club management (directors, etc) and thus far I believe the team management are more than capable of sorting things out. However, at the moment I'm not convinced about the current playing squad. Is that negative? Yes, but results, reports and comments from people other than yourself suggest that the team hasn't got it right yet. I was ecstatic on Wembley day, I was thrilled with the first half of last season, the Carling Cup run was wonderful (and people on a non-football related forum can attest to the fact I'm proud of our club). I wasn't enamoured with the second half of last season nor am I with the first 7 games of this one. I'm not going to disguise that. I'll be back in town for the Exeter game. With any luck things will look a little brighter by then.

Good to hear you will be at the Exeter game
perhaps a fans profile from you would be cool
youve got my email let me know
the playing squad will be ok..........
lets look to lincoln now
sorry my optimism upsets you it shouldnt though
i dont like my team losing but you get over it and look to next game
this season were in transition and do believe sammy and the team will get it right
no reason to be panicing yet
enjoy your sunday..................
Shrimpsscene

Next

Return to General Discussion