Fans Club for Morecambe

Re: Fans Club for Morecambe

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:15 pm

It's the ink cartridge that costs the money, so would suggest Kodak. 60 quid in curry/pc world but none left 70 quid in argos , not that I've just bought one like 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby bigreddog » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:40 pm

bump
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby outsider » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:45 pm

Would the Football in the Community people help out with this?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby stoyles » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:45 pm

they must be a printer firm out there with links to the club, who prints the program?
stoyles

Postby ezz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:03 pm

Are we not sponsored by a printing company?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:40 pm

ezz wrote:Are we not sponsored by a printing company?

We sure are, brother!
marky No.1

Postby Caged Lion » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:34 pm

marky No.1 wrote:It's the ink cartridge that costs the money, so would suggest Kodak. 60 quid in curry/pc world but none left 70 quid in argos , not that I've just bought one like 8-)

Probably meant a Print Shop Mark?

Cheap laser printers are better for b/w printing. You can buy one (A4) from Comet for about £35, and that includes a cartridge which will print a few thousand copies dependent on cover. Copies don't bleed either.

There is a print/art shop in Milnthorpe (CC may know it) who does cheap bulk copying. It may have gone bust in present economic boom.
Caged Lion

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:31 am

Caged Lion wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:It's the ink cartridge that costs the money, so would suggest Kodak. 60 quid in curry/pc world but none left 70 quid in argos , not that I've just bought one like 8-)

Probably meant a Print Shop Mark?.

Yes he does :oops: just been talking about it tonight , typical politician talking in riddles! I shall charge it to his expenses :lol:

OK Mick, Mayoh Press, your chance to shine and don't say I don't give you a plug ;)
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:08 pm

Depending on the size of the print run, it would probably be cheaper and better quality to get a professional printer to do it. Bear in mind it may be raining so something printed at home on cheap paper will just be a soggy mess. Ring and get a quote then decide.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby stoyles » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:26 pm

any developments darren, have you tried ockers i remember him putting me on to a printer a few years back for raffle tickets, i think prices were reasonable and good quality
stoyles

Postby bigreddog » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:20 pm

prices will have to be more than reasonable, they'll have to be free at this stage. when the cash is forthcoming from backers then we'll make sure the fans pack is of a high standard. for now a simple flyer to see what interest is out there.

still need volunteers to hand out flyers before the torquay game by the way.

might look a little bit like this below:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000339478068&v=info#!/photo.php?fbid=180116498676331&set=a.143177629036885.19651.100000339478068
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
bigreddog

Postby outsider » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:05 pm

What time do you want them there? My 3 lads have offerd to help, I will supervise from REDS
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:12 pm

bigreddog wrote:prices will have to be more than reasonable, they'll have to be free at this stage. when the cash is forthcoming from backers then we'll make sure the fans pack is of a high standard. for now a simple flyer to see what interest is out there.

still need volunteers to hand out flyers before the torquay game by the way.

might look a little bit like this below:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000339478068&v=info#!/photo.php?fbid=180116498676331&set=a.143177629036885.19651.100000339478068

Nice one Darren. The proof you sent me didn't open properly.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby bigreddog » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Thanks Keith, it's your brilliant picture that makes it to be honest. For anyone willing to help hand out the flyers I'd be looking to meet up at the Peter McGuigan stand reception entrance for about 1300, we'll have a bit of a briefing then split between the MBW stand and PMG stand and new Carwash. we'll also have the odd foray to hand a few out in the bar too.

if we get our match tickets good and early, for any non-season ticket holders, then we can leave it as late as possible before going into the ground to watch the match and maybe catch any people we may have missed.

anyone who wants any more information feel free to call or text me on 07723956102 or pm on here.
Fans' Club Morecambe

bigreddog

Postby stoyles » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:48 pm

all looks good see you saturday
stoyles

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:57 pm

I'm sure this motley crew will help!

Keith
Site Admin

Postby bigreddog » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:29 am

The fans described by Sammy in his post match interview as "Magnificent", but of course we knew that already
Fans' Club Morecambe

bigreddog

Postby ockers » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:21 pm

As well meaning this thread is and I applaud it
although some of things on the list are imho a little unrealistic and outside a supporters club remit but thats not what i want to point out here....

I cant help but notice that it seems to be something youre wanting to start from scratch when in fact there is a Morecambe FC Supporters Club already in existence with committee members rules regulations funds and membership young old families and will have been noted by the club itself
the supporters club have raised monies for the club in the past and im sure the club would offer facilities for meetings if the club were raising funds for the club and i would have thought that would include junior reds as an example

The problem seems to be that as a group they havent met for quite some time so itis unclear as to how its being run at the moment save for the fact Mike tells me that there is an active travel club which runs travel for each away game
I'm assuming someone has contacted Mike williamson or Alison Fleetwood to check at what actual stage the supporters club is at at the moment
It may be that this could cut out a lot of unnecessary work and duplication and enhance an already dedicated band of committed individuals and from this perhaps the enthusiasm displayed on this thread could work with some experienced guys who were doing a great job
and would mean the supporters club having a bigger membership and grow in stature
Perhaps invite those people along on 18th january and take it from there

just a thought and not intended to criticise the enthusiasm showed by people on his thread

Thanks Sean
ockers

Postby stoyles » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:04 pm

This event has been banded about for over 2 months and no-one from the original OMFCS has come forward with any suggestion that they are still running. All fans will be welcomed and if they were to attend and offer their help I'm sure it would be very much appreciated.
stoyles

Postby Gnasher » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:17 pm

ockers wrote:As well meaning this thread is and I applaud it
although some of things on the list are imho a little unrealistic and outside a supporters club remit but thats not what i want to point out here....

I cant help but notice that it seems to be something youre wanting to start from scratch when in fact there is a Morecambe FC Supporters Club already in existence with committee members rules regulations funds and membership young old families and will have been noted by the club itself
the supporters club have raised monies for the club in the past and im sure the club would offer facilities for meetings if the club were raising funds for the club and i would have thought that would include junior reds as an example

The problem seems to be that as a group they havent met for quite some time so itis unclear as to how its being run at the moment save for the fact Mike tells me that there is an active travel club which runs travel for each away game
I'm assuming someone has contacted Mike williamson or Alison Fleetwood to check at what actual stage the supporters club is at at the moment
It may be that this could cut out a lot of unnecessary work and duplication and enhance an already dedicated band of committed individuals and from this perhaps the enthusiasm displayed on this thread could work with some experienced guys who were doing a great job
and would mean the supporters club having a bigger membership and grow in stature
Perhaps invite those people along on 18th january and take it from there

just a thought and not intended to criticise the enthusiasm showed by people on his thread

Thanks Sean

What's changed Sean?

The supporters club has been dwindling for some years and having spoken with mike and ian a couple of weeks ago this is now nothing more than an away travel club at best and again not the fault of the football club itself. If a group of people want to make a real fist of kickstarting a morecambe fc supporters club then they need to get on and do it despite the discussion on this forum
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby ockers » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:53 pm

Nothing as such brian
just think people like mike and Alison would be valuable
persons to have on board
I just think if everyone is involved I think any supporters club
would be in a stronger position that's all
they've done sterling work in the past
just a thought rather than a new group possibly getting stuck
where they could work with those who've worked hard over the years
only a thought
ockers

Postby ockers » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:56 pm

stoyles wrote:This event has been banded about for over 2 months and no-one from the original OMFCS has come forward with any suggestion that they are still running. All fans will be welcomed and if they were to attend and offer their help I'm sure it would be very much appreciated.

it's only been posted on here pat
nothing in the press media or radio
so many Many people will not know As not everyone looks at this forum
including those who are already members of the supporters club
hence perhaps the need to speak with them
and work from a better position of strength
the club exists it's just not active is my understanding
ockers

Postby Gnasher » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:59 pm

ockers wrote:Nothing as such brian
just think people like mike and Alison would be valuable
persons to have on board
I just think if everyone is involved I think any supporters club
would be in a stronger position that's all
they've done sterling work in the past
just a thought rather than a new group possibly getting stuck
where they could work with those who've worked hard over the years
only a thought

Although I'm rarely seen at the ground, I still talk to people and the impression a lot of people have is the supporters club (that we know as Allison, Mike & Ian) is no longer running. If the structure IS still there along with the membership rules, etc then it's the best place to start as I suspect it would also have the necessary allegiance to the supporters federation.
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby ockers » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:13 pm

You're right brian mike has fsf membership and a national fsf officer
perhaps if they all attend this meeting on the 18th
it would be a great night to relaunch the supporters club
and get a membership drive and recruit some keen committed new officers
to either reignite it or create something bigger and better
good luck to everyone
I hope it comes off
ockers

Postby stoyles » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:22 pm

A press release was suggested, will it be possible to have somrthing in the program?

and we are aware not all fans read this forum hence the fliers to go out before the torquay game.
stoyles

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion