Citizen full-time for Grimsby game

Citizen full-time for Grimsby game

Postby Matt Donlan » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:22 pm

Last edited by Matt Donlan on Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matt Donlan

Re: Citizen coverage for Grimsby game

Postby marky » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:58 pm

Twiss in for Curtis. Interesting.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Re: Citizen half-time for Grimsby game

Postby marky » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:04 pm

Bloody hell, Matt. If you say we've been dreadful then we really must've been! :lol:

Let's hope for a better second half :)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Re: Citizen full-time for Grimsby game

Postby Welshrimp » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:28 pm

Well we have to shoot in order to score, don't we? Central midfielders still aren't really getting the ball to the strikers in good scoring positions, and are too often slow in coming forward into those positions themselves.

The substitutions were puzzling at the time - at least in who came off (Wainwright and O'Carroll had arguably been our two best players up to that point), but in fairness the goal was scored by one sub and the ball played in (beautifully) by another.

Grimsby's pen followed a clear hand ball by one of their players. Other than the penalty, they didn't look like scoring, but they were well organised at the back.

There have been more entertaining afternoons at CP, but the last few minutes, when we could have nicked it, were enjoyable.
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Postby outsider » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:36 pm

a 6 for Drummond ????????? 3 would have been about right and the same for Twiss, the pair of them should have been taken off at 1/2 time.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Jordan » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:48 pm

Curtis and Stanners - Quality when they came on.
Deffinatley earned their places for Lincon next week.
Twiss didnt look the part at all.
Jordan

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:13 pm

The man of the match could only have been on of the 2 brought on after about an hour.

They changed the game for us IMHO.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:46 pm

Is Matt Donlan still alive? It seemed like Jody was going to make sure he wasn't after reading yesterdays programme :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby Phoenix » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Is Matt Donlan still alive? It seemed like Jody was going to make sure he wasn't after reading yesterdays programme :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't read the programme but I read Matt's comments online where he didn't name the person involved. Thanks for confirming who I thought it was Ben, hopefully you'll still be alive for the Lincoln game :lol: :lol:
Phoenix

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:05 pm

Phoenix wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:Is Matt Donlan still alive? It seemed like Jody was going to make sure he wasn't after reading yesterdays programme :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't read the programme but I read Matt's comments online where he didn't name the person involved. Thanks for confirming who I thought it was Ben, hopefully you'll still be alive for the Lincoln game :lol: :lol:

I meant Jody was looking for him for me :lol: :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby Harry » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:46 pm

Welshrimp wrote:
The substitutions were puzzling at the time - at least in who came off (Wainwright and O'Carroll had arguably been our two best players up to that point), but in fairness the goal was scored by one sub and the ball played in (beautifully) by another.

I actually think the ones who came off had been less influential than they have been in previous matches. Howe on the other hand gets better every time I see him! Can play anywhere across a front line and has a brilliant Torres-esque touch. He wants signing permanently!
Harry

Return to General Discussion