Capaldi UPDATE Sunday 9 Jan?

Capaldi UPDATE Sunday 9 Jan?

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:34 pm

As I didn't go, did he play as well as Glen on Bay Radio suggested or is the jury still out?

:?: :?: :?:

Sounds as though the changes worked. Can't believe that the smallest player in our squad scored with his head from a corner!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Christies Child on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Capaldi?

Postby shrimpinho » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:44 pm

jury will still be out, one good performance isn't quite enough but promising. He was solid, consistent and hardly put a foot wrong.

It was against a poor Stockport side though, but lets hope he can keep it up over the next couple of weeks.
shrimpinho

Postby Sammy h » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:10 pm

Obviously the jury is still out, but he was very solid today. Didn't seem to lose any headers in the air and linked up with Wilson well.

If 4-4-2 is here to stay he has to play left back as Wilson is a left side midfielder who can make things happen!
Sammy h

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:16 pm

He was solid today but the best part was him playing allowed Wilson to play on the left wing which worked a treat today (although it hasn't in the past).

When is decision day for him? Must be soon.
Morecambe Jack

Postby George Dawes » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:17 pm

he's probably been reading these forums thinking ill show you lot, and fair play to him! :lol:
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:18 pm

Just because he plays one decent game some on here(ok,svs if you insist) are kissing his butt :lol: :lol:
Last edited by shrimpnsave on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Sammy h » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:19 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:Just because he plays one decent game some on here are kissing his butt :lol: :lol:

Not really :roll:
Sammy h

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:51 pm

To me he just had a solid error free game, I didn't think he was a stand out performer but he had a decent enough match from start to finish. He wasn't exactly pushed by a poor Stockport attacking line. Is it just that aside from Southend away what we have seen so far from him has been rubbish, so anything average and slightly above that from him is seen world beating???

MJ is spot on, the best thing about having Capaldi on the pitch was the ability to push Wilson forward. Their right-back (number 17) got MotM, even though he had a nightmare against Wilson. I couldn't work out if the choice was ironic, the sponsors get as drunk as ours, or both.

Capaldi's deal is just about up, so should we keep him? If it means Sammy pushes Wilson to left midfield more then I could cope with it, however I'm still not a fan of the billy big balls attitute he came with.
RedRedWine1

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:04 pm

RedRedWine wrote: however I'm still not a fan of the billy big balls attitute he came with.

Fair question to you mate, when has Capaldi ever portrayed himself as having a billy big balls attitude?
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:20 pm

heysham_mfc

Postby stevanshrimp » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:53 pm

didn't really work out for either party, did it?
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby SimplyRed MFC » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:56 pm

Aberdeen, Hearts, Crystal Palace & Plymouth Argyle interested in the guy so far ?
Theres no pleasing some people round here :)
SimplyRed MFC

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:29 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
RedRedWine wrote: however I'm still not a fan of the billy big balls attitute he came with.

Fair question to you mate, when has Capaldi ever portrayed himself as having a billy big balls attitude?

I read something in the Visitor a while ago in which Capaldi was quoted as saying the short-term deal he had signed was good for both parties. I took that to mean that he didn't really want to be here lon-term and that bigger and bettter deals would be reignited in January, the same ones that collapsed in the summer (Palace Argyle & Hearts). He didn't say that he'd be working his socks off for an extended stay here, judging by the amount of time he has spent on the bench I very much doubt he has been. Contrast that to Charnock and it's fairly obvious why the fans want him to stay after his short deal expires. Of course, actually playing helps!

Interestingly, in terms of standard (and unfortunatley the amount of money you can get) where does everybody see the Scottish Premier League in relation to League Two? Aside from Rangers and Celtic I'd say that most clubs are Championship sides with a few that would top league one. It seems odd then that Capaldi has been taken on trial, even today he didn't look much above an average league two player and he failed to impress in a faultering League One Leeds side who scrambled to the finish last season after a great start. He certainly wasn't the best player on our side today and that was one of his better displays, he isn't even the best left back at our club. On the basis that Capaldi gets a contract from Aberdeen Wilson should wait for Real Madrid to come knocking if he won't sign a longer contract at Costa del Morecambe.

Is the forgotten man, Will Haining still with us???
RedRedWine1

Postby George Dawes » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:32 am

Is the forgotten man, Will Haining still with us???

yeah and id say he's good enough to do a competent job at left-back should SM choose to keep Wilson in the same system at left-midfield
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:39 pm

Our manager is singing the praises on Radio Lancashire of Tony Capaldi following our win over the Shrews. Quinny asked about the Aberdeen situation, but we are talking to TC to sort something out with the hope of keeping him.

In future pay attention when I say that a player is class....!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby The Marksman » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:43 pm

I thought he was competent enough today, but was massively overshadowed by how good Parrish was on the right. We're not going to be able to keep hold of that one for long.
The Marksman

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:15 pm

I'd be very happy to see Capaldi sign with us after today. I don't think he was "massively overshadowed by Parish" although Parish did have (as usual!) another excellent game.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Parrish is class and because of his young age id say he must be worth £250.000 with the current transfer market
George Dawes

Postby james456 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:29 pm

DawZi wrote:Parrish is class and because of his young age id say he must be worth £250.000 with the current transfer market

Quarter of a mil? :?
james456

Postby mazatec » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 pm

capaldi,
He was in my opinion the worst player on the pitch today, constantly caught out of position, and when he realized this he put little or no effort in trying to redeem himself, charnock our new centre half who was undoubtedly the man of the match had to frequently remind him the instructions,as everyone behind the goal could see. one thinks capaldi is a waste of time
mazatec

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:50 pm

I thought Capaldi had another Solid game. The team played well as a unit, but if I was to pick stand-out players he wouldn't be jumping out at me. I had Duffy or Parrish down as man of the match. We really do need to get Duffy to sign another contract, his first touch is amongst the best I've seen from any Morecambe player.
RedRedWine1

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:10 pm

Keith wrote:I'd be very happy to see Capaldi sign with us after today. I don't think he was "massively overshadowed by Parish" although Parish did have (as usual!) another excellent game.

Somebody sees it differently eh 'mazatec'...... :? :? :?
Christies Child

Re: Capaldi UPDATE Sunday 9 Jan?

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:27 am

News from the Aberdeen site re TC.
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/sc ... EV_SEASON=

Also like the sound of the striker from Blackburn
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:04 pm

heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:19 pm

(pasted this because the link seems a bit?)

Looks like he will have to be more realistic. Who is Peter??

"Capaldi set to meet with Brown
personal terms may be stumbling block
Published: 17/01/2011

NORTHERN Ireland international full back Tony Capaldi held further talks with Morecambe yesterday as Aberdeen interest in the former Birmingham player started to wane.

Morecambe assistant manager Mark Lillis said: “If we can sign Peter it will be fantastic. We will be talking to the directors and hopefully we can do something with him. If not we will move on.”

Capaldi spent two days on trial with Aberdeen and will meet Dons manager Craig Brown this week.

Brown said the player’s personal terms could prove a stumbling block and said: “We have still to talk to Tony. A lot will depend on his personal requirements, but he is doing well as he played for Morecambe on Saturday in their win against Torquay United. Capaldi is on the radar, but we have to prioritise our budget and our priority is really for another central midfield player.”

Brown said new loan signing Nick Blackman will arrive at Pittodrie today.

“Nick is signed. He will arrive in Aberdeen on Monday and will be training on Tuesday,” said Brown."

Read more: http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Articl ... z1BIZ5hrQA
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion