Atmosphere

Atmosphere

Postby bill ding » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:05 pm

I just wish i could have bottled some of todays atmosphere and release it again in the MBW stand at the next home game !
Its a shame we cant seem to replicate this passion for a whole game at the Globe.
Saying that i was amazed how quiet the home fans were today (and how few)
Oh and well done everyone for winning the stand up , sit down battle with the stewards , :lol: :lol: :lol:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Re: Atmosphere

Postby MfcChris » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Away fans are always louder just as we are away.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby bill ding » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:12 pm

i had noticed chris but why ? its the same gang at home and away so why should being at home make any difference ??
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:15 pm

We need to have the same atmosphere as against Port Vale a few weeks ago. My friend came to that match for the first time and said it was an absolute excellent atmosphere and i agree. I think we need to go on the idea from a while ago about a flag day, and bringing more flags to the match.
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby This Charming Shrimp » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:30 pm

I wish I could have come today (damn those far away family commitments) as it sounded like a great atmosphere. Just waiting to catch it on The Football League Show. I'm chuffed to hear that it was a cracking atmosphere as I was so very disappointed with the one we created (or failed to create) on New Years Day at The Globe. The quietness on our part made it felt like a real anti climax and it pains me to say this but I thought the Stanley lot showed us up. Good to see a few flags out in our end though, would be great to see a few more in the future. My mate made an incredible Motown one but alas we got there just before kick off and had nowhere really to hang it. I thought the smoke bombs were decent too although they were met with varying levels of enthusiasm around the stand... How many do you reckon will get to Shrewsbury on Saturday?
This Charming Shrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:42 am

bill ding wrote:i had noticed chris but why ? its the same gang at home and away so why should being at home make any difference ??

When we are away, it means fans have made a an effort to get there, so make more of the day,i.e.make more noise,more banter.
Also,the away fans are all put together,so there is more sense of "belonging" to the cause.
At the Globe, some are in C Block and D Block etc.in the main stand, some are in MBW so are more spread out, making it a little harder to get the atmosphere going.
Still agree with you though that the home games could be better in terms of atmosphere.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:27 pm

bill ding wrote:Oh and well done everyone for winning the stand up , sit down battle with the stewards , :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was close at one point
sportsteward.JPG
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion