Winning the toss

Winning the toss

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:33 pm

It seems ages since we last kicked towards the MBW Stand in the second half. Anybody know which captain calls at the toss up.
broadwayshrimp

Re: Winning the toss

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:38 pm

I was thinking the same yesterday, definitely prefer the Shrimps to kick towards the sea in the second half 8-)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:12 pm

Bat first :lol:
Plain Peter

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:21 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:I was thinking the same yesterday, definitely prefer the Shrimps to kick towards the sea in the second half 8-)

We can probably get balls back from the car park, but if the tide is up that could be another story
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:26 pm

But a big clearance over the MBW stand that just gets to the top of the bridge and starts rolling down the other side ....well, you never know... :lol:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:17 pm

Happened again today :o
broadwayshrimp

Postby halftimeresults » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:39 pm

Today could of been tactical with the wind being so strong.
halftimeresults

Postby ezz » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:43 pm

That was my theory
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby MfcChris » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:09 pm

If the away team wins the toss of course they are not going to get us playing against our own fans second half when we are 1-0 down chasing the game as it will give us a lift.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby ezz » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:25 pm

I'm pretty sure we won the toss today, looked like Barry chose to play against wind first half
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:38 am

At home it feels like we play against the wind every game
marky No.1

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:03 am

I'm trying to use my imagination a bit.
What was it like on the North Terrace today? Were there many bravehearts stood there?
Was the Away end open?
Plain Peter

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:14 am

Peter wrote:I'm trying to use my imagination a bit.
What was it like on the North Terrace today? Were there many bravehearts stood there?
Was the Away end open?

Probably about 50 bravehearts on the North Terrace today. No doubt mostly season ticket holders. Away end was shut.

I know it is against the rules but it would have made a lot of sense to let us change ends today. Never mind... :roll:
Wild Bill

Postby Wigan Shrimp » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:39 am

I was one of the 50 or so North Terracers yesterday... it was wet and wild, but nowhere near as bad as it was for the Stockport game! I`m not a season ticket holder, so could have gone in the MBW yesterday if I`d wanted to, but after years and years of being a North Stand regular at Christie Park, I`ve had to migrate to the side lines as the MBW just doesn`t do it for me. Unfortunately, the view, atmosphere and general ambience is a long way shy of the fantastic North Stand... even inclement weather isn`t enough to tempt me to give the MBW another chance.
That said, after 20 odd years of watching from behind the goal, I`m quite enjoying the North Terrace, it gives you a completely different vantage point on events and I`m loving being able to give the liner some! :lol: ... although on days like yesterday a roof would be nice!

Re. winning the toss... for what its worth, from where I was, watching the body language of those involved, it looked to me like the Torquay capt made the call to change ends... I could be wrong like.
Wigan Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:00 pm

Wild Bill wrote: Away end was shut.

There were half a dozen or so in the East Stand
torquayfans.jpg
Last edited by marky No.1 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marky No.1

Postby MfcChris » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Think they are Morecambe ball boys Marky who are always in the away stand when it is shut.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

To Be Honest that was something else peeing off

Postby Arnside Red » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:08 pm

the torquay fans, many of whoem wanted to stand and were forced to pay more and sit, a number were complaining to an official but nothing was done,I was hoping to stand as it is the only section of the Globe I have not watched a game from, cant really undestand why it was closed, it didnt seem to make any sense, no additional gates to lock/unlock, no additional stewards as the stewards were just doubled up in front of the seating, no additional facilities to open etc
Arnside Red

Re: To Be Honest that was something else peeing off

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:35 pm

Arnside Red wrote:the torquay fans, many of whoem wanted to stand and were forced to pay more and sit, a number were complaining to an official but nothing was done,I was hoping to stand as it is the only section of the Globe I have not watched a game from, cant really undestand why it was closed, it didnt seem to make any sense, no additional gates to lock/unlock, no additional stewards as the stewards were just doubled up in front of the seating, no additional facilities to open etc

Apart from a whole stand.
heysham_mfc

Not at all, the stand was open

Postby Arnside Red » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:29 pm

just not allowed to stand there, as I say no extra cost etc to the club, to the paying travelling fans it was more expense, it would have been fairer to charge the visiting fans the going rate for standing really
Arnside Red

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:32 pm

The club would have had to opened the catering and had more stewards etc in the stand.
Sammy h

Return to General Discussion