Sammy Reaction To Stanley Defeat - Listen Here...

Sammy Reaction To Stanley Defeat - Listen Here...

Postby The Bay » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:49 pm

The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Sammy Reaction To Stanley Defeat - Listen Here...

Postby parkyboy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:05 pm

Supporters are fed up with excuses Sammy
parkyboy

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:08 pm

parkyboy wrote:Supporters are fed up with excuses Sammy

am the first to get on SM case but today i thought we was unlucky we desperately need another option in the striker department(and more than just Spencer).
George Dawes

Postby ockers » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:11 pm

DawZi wrote:

am the first to get on SM case but today i thought we was unlucky we desperately need another option in the striker department(and more than just Spencer).

Andy Bishop?
ockers

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:16 pm

ockers wrote:
DawZi wrote:

Andy Bishop?

nah he is to much like Jevons... he will just stand there with his hands on his hips looking at his team mates like he's better than them and its there fault..
George Dawes

Postby alwaysright » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:25 pm

Hey your not saying our super striker does that are you ????
alwaysright

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:28 pm

alwaysright wrote:Hey your not saying our super striker does that are you ????

i just dont think he suits Morecambe style, say hypothetically he played for a footballing side like Crewe he would be up there with Le fonde(seriously!)

need to look elsewhere or buy a brand new midfield!
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:03 am

DawZi wrote:

i just dont think he suits Morecambe style, say hypothetically he played for a footballing side like Crewe he would be up there with Le fonde(seriously!)

Depends if the Board are prepared to back the manager with more finance; that's assuming that there is finance available :?: His track record of signings this season isn't that impressive....to date.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:30 am

Christies Child wrote:
DawZi wrote:

Depends if the Board are prepared to back the manager with more finance; that's assuming that there is finance available :?: His track record of signings this season isn't that impressive....to date.

Scott Brown was a great move.
Sammy h

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:38 am

no money or ideas, no passing game, no way forward, sammy is good at finding goalies to keep scorelines respectable, time for a change that we cannot really afford :roll:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:12 am

Sammy's proved that throwing other peoples money at the problem isn't working, How long can you go on taking more and more new players in the hope of finding that lucky combination???

I've said it before and it needs saying again, We lack bottle and tenacity, something Accrington have in abundance thanks to Colemans obvious influence, NO amount of money can buy that

Now if we had 11 Jimbo's out there facing em we'd win every time, that is what we're sadly lacking and it sickens me to the core :x

Pull on that Red shirt and stand tall,face the enemy and give them nothing, Make them feel every tackle and give your very last breath and sweat blood for the cause!
Then and only then are you worthy of wearing of it
Last edited by HALMA 1983 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
HALMA 1983

Postby alwaysright » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:14 am

I think unless the change is made sooner rather than later were going out of this league. It all depends what aspirations the board have ???????
alwaysright

Postby Posh » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:11 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:I've said it before and it needs saying again, We lack bottle and tenacity, something Accrington have in abundance thanks to Colemans obvious influence, NO amount of money can buy that

Now if we had 11 Jimbo's out there facing em we'd win every time, that is what we're sadly lacking and it sickens me to the core.

Pull on that Red shirt and stand tall,face the enemy and give them nothing, Make them feel every tackle and give your very last breath and sweat blood for the cause!
Then and only then are you worthy of wearing of it.

Well said Ade. To summarise a Morecambe player's comments to me. 'Too few players playing for the shirt and Morecambe FC and too many playing for themselves and their next contract at another club'. We're getting worse the less committed players we've got. Jim Harvey wasn't the answer to get Morecambe into the league but he built a squad of Morecambe players who were mainly Morecambe through and through. Sammy's building a team of journeymen, many of who've failed at their previous clubs. The writing is on the wall if Sammy doesn't go now he'll need to go at the end of this season as he's incapable of building a Morecambe team for the future.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Posh » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:11 am

OLDHAMADE wrote:I've said it before and it needs saying again, We lack bottle and tenacity, something Accrington have in abundance thanks to Colemans obvious influence, NO amount of money can buy that

Now if we had 11 Jimbo's out there facing em we'd win every time, that is what we're sadly lacking and it sickens me to the core.

Then and only then are you worthy of wearing of it.

Well said Ade. To summarise a Morecambe player's comments to me. 'Too few players playing for the shirt and Morecambe FC and too many playing for themselves and their next contract at another club'. We're getting worse the less committed players we've got. Jim Harvey wasn't the answer to get Morecambe into the league but he built a squad of Morecambe players who were mainly Morecambe through and through. Sammy's building a team of journeymen, many of who've failed at their previous clubs. The writing is on the wall if Sammy doesn't go now he'll need to go at the end of this season as he's incapable of building a Morecambe team for the future.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:22 am

"Jimmy Spencer had a half chance" - Under statement of the year :lol:
Sammy h

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:29 am

Sammy h wrote:"Jimmy Spencer had a half chance" - Under statement of the year :lol:

At home to the team who were in the bottom six and we were hoping for a draw or to nick "something from a set piece" Create one "half chance" from open play is our game plan. We were "unlucky not to get a draw" against a team who haven't won away from home all season.

I think we HAVE got good players here and we CAN play "FOOTBALL" instead of HOOFBALL. That is what I've found frustrating all season and in previous seasons. We CAN play good, entertaining football and win games or we can play dour, defensive crap football and not win. How is it such a difficult decision to decide which way to go?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:33 am

Keith wrote:
Sammy h wrote:"Jimmy Spencer had a half chance" - Under statement of the year :lol:

At home to the team who were in the bottom six and we were hoping for a draw or to nick "something from a set piece" Create one "half chance" from open play is our game plan. We were "unlucky not to get a draw" against a team who haven't won away from home all season.

I think we HAVE got good players here and we CAN play "FOOTBALL" instead of HOOFBALL. That is what I've found frustrating all season and in previous seasons. We CAN play good, entertaining football and win games or we can play dour, defensive crap football and not win. How is it such a difficult decision to decide which way to go?

Having Mullin on the pitch seemed to change the whole game plan. Instead of trying to pass it and keep it on the deck we were persistently hoofing it up to him, he isn't even good in the air either, that's the thing that annoys me!

Another thing that frustrated me was Hunter and his crossing, he did play well and puts 100% effort in, I think we all know that, but every time he had the ball out wide and played it into the box it rarely beat the first defender. It isn't difficult to be able to beat the first man.

As you say Keith, 'we were unlucky not to get a draw' - why the hell would we want a draw. They haven't won away since March I think I read somewhere on here. Apparently their weekly wage budget is half of ours. Embarrassing when you think about it.
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:37 am

it was interesting a few months ago when Mullin was linked to a move back to Accrington Stanley

on there fans forum the amount of fans who stressed they would just revert back to hoofing long balls instead of playing football on the deck
George Dawes

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:42 am

At one point we played nice flowing football and we sliced them open when Hunter took a quick throw in to Fleming, who played a neat pass to Duffy who got his shot deflected for a corner!
Little Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:44 am

Sammy h wrote:Another thing that frustrated me was Hunter and his crossing, he did play well and puts 100% effort in, I think we all know that, but every time he had the ball out wide and played it into the box it rarely beat the first defender. It isn't difficult to be able to beat the first man.

Garry has been out of position pretty much all season and is one of the players who gives 100% a la Stanners. Tomorrow we will be without Garry as our modified stand in right back that we hav'nt got, so who will fill the space tomorrow? Can only see Paz going there and Jimbo into the centre :D

Spencer and Hendrie up front! :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:50 am

marky No.1 wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Another thing that frustrated me was Hunter and his crossing, he did play well and puts 100% effort in, I think we all know that, but every time he had the ball out wide and played it into the box it rarely beat the first defender. It isn't difficult to be able to beat the first man.

Garry has been out of position pretty much all season and is one of the players who gives 100% a la Stanners. Tomorrow we will be without Garry as our modified stand in right back that we hav'nt got, so who will fill the space tomorrow? Can only see Paz going there and Jimbo into the centre :D

Don't get me wrong Marky, he is one of the few players who puts in 100% every game that he plays. I just think his crossing yesterday was awful, doesn't really matter if he is out of position he should be able to cross a football and beat the first man more than he did yesterday.

Why are we missing him tomorrow?
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:57 am

Sammy h wrote:Why are we missing him tomorrow?

In the interview Sammy says he took a knock and is very doubtful for Stockport. If we could actually get crosses in to the box and have Mullin's head on the end of it our current plan might work, but having him constantly half way between the centre circle and the "D" being dragged about, fallin over, knocking the ball in the wrong direction and to nobody just isn't working!! (as much as he puts the effort in).

Sammy says we aren't fit, and it showed having not played for 4 weeks (actually 3) but nobody else has either!

I noticed in the programme yesterday that the Club had looked into hiring a system to guarantee the pitch would be playable over Christmas. This would have cost us £30,000 before we plugged it in! :o
Last edited by marky No.1 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:03 pm

marky No.1 wrote:

If only mate....if only!

Unfortunately 'it' has no faith in younger players. Seems to have foregotten that he was nothing more than a kid when given the chance by Sir Matt.

Mullen is no longer the threat he used to be and therefore needs a place on the bench. However he along with others are now picked based on former glories NOT on current form. It hurts to say this as he's given sterling service to our club, but yesterday and for a few too many games this season, Drummy has only been a shadow of his former self. Age seems to have finally caught up with him. He and others no longer have a presence in the box. When did we last see 4 of our players in the opposition box looking to attack any crosses that may come their way :?:

Time to gamble with the starting 11 tomorrow and go all out for 3 points. Not the nagative crap we've seen too often this season. If he wont do it, then time for some fresh thinking from somebody who will. We've a bloody good team on paper (if getting grey around the edges), it's just that the tactics don't get the best out of 'em.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:07 pm

"It's not tactics, It's players" 8-)
marky No.1

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:08 pm

Why sign Hendrie if he isn't going to get a chance. It isn't even like he is saving him for the future as he is on a one year deal?

Like you say CC we need to get players in the box when we attack, the only time we do get players in the box is when we get a set piece.

I hope I see some passion tomorrow, from the players not fans! :lol:
Sammy h

Next

Return to General Discussion