Morecambe 1 Accrington 2 McCready

Re: Morecambe 1 Accrington 2 McCready

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:50 pm

Liked the flag at the MBW today :Morecambe FC
Bring Me Sunshine

Well done to whoever!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:50 pm

Spencer played ok, missed a good chance granted, but he didn't get a look in today as everything went to Mullin and then from Mullin to where there were no Morecambe players as usual. Parrish MOTM for me
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby marky » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Keith wrote:What bothered me is that when Sammy Mac was interviewed on Radio Lancashire he said that the second half 'had draw written all over it'. Could someone please point out that we are in a relegation battle and that draws at home to other teams in a relegation battle is not going to be good enough? We need to be going for wins, especially at home to other struggling teams rather than apparently accepting a draw. Our plan for the season appears to be relying upon two of Lincoln, Barnet or Hereford being unable to improve.

There is another issue. Do the management duo actually sit down and work out how to beat each side we play or do they just blindly hope that playing the same system after a slightly improved performance will do the trick? Anyone with half a brain will tell you you don't beat Accrington Stanley by setting out to grind out a result. They are past masters at it! The way to beat them is to play good, attacking football down both channels. What do we do? Play no wingers.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:42 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:Liked the flag at the MBW today :Morecambe FC
Bring Me Sunshine

Well done to whoever!

Yes great....but what about all those others that we kepty being told would appear.

Sorry to say this but the support of the vocal element in the MBW Stand was pretty poor. Especially after we went 1-2 down. Total silence. Surely that's the time when vocal support is crucial.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Christies Child wrote:Sorry to say this but the support of the vocal element in the MBW Stand was pretty poor. Especially after we went 1-2 down. Total silence. Surely that's the time when vocal support is crucial.

Instead of critiscising why not get yourself in the MBW Stand and show us how it should be done :evil:
broadwayshrimp

Postby bill ding » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Bring Me Sunshine

Well done to whoever!

Yes great....but what about all those others that we kepty being told would appear.

Sorry to say this but the support of the vocal element in the MBW Stand was pretty poor. Especially after we went 1-2 down. Total silence. Surely that's the time when vocal support is crucial.

Good to see your passion today CC , was very impressed when you jumped up as craney left the field waving all you had to hand which turned out to be two fingers on either hand :D . then to finish of by stretching your left arm out,placing your right fist inside your elbow and then bending your left arm up again. Maybe you should buy a flag! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:56 pm

broadwayshrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Sorry to say this but the support of the vocal element in the MBW Stand was pretty poor. Especially after we went 1-2 down. Total silence. Surely that's the time when vocal support is crucial.

Instead of critiscising why not get yourself in the MBW Stand and show us how it should be done :evil:

Been there many, many seasons ago and done it along with many others.

Maybe you should read the Accy forum and their comment about the lack of support for our team.
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:00 pm

The Accy fans were singing "Morecambe give us a song" and, "You're supposed to be at home" etc etc.

Credit to the drummers today who did their best.

On another matter, Paul Mullin fills me with despair to be quite honest right now ..... am I the only one who thinks this ??
Last edited by Seasider9601 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:01 pm

bill ding wrote:
Christies Child wrote:
Bring Me Sunshine

Well done to whoever!

Good to see your passion today CC , was very impressed when you jumped up as craney left the field waving all you had to hand which turned out to be two fingers on either hand :D . then to finish of by stretching your left arm out,placing your right fist inside your elbow and then bending your left arm up again. Maybe you should buy a flag! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My passion for our team sometimes get the better of me. Craney is an excellent player but he really can be a complete tosser which spoils his game. His spat with Stanners (who was as equally to blame) in the first half could have resulted in both of them getting sent off.

My sincere apology goes to those around me for my abusive language after they scored.... :oops: :oops:
Christies Child

Postby bill ding » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Never heard the abuse even though i am not too far away from you . Ever thought of trying out for the cheerleaders, nice mover . ;)
Just a thought, i noticed a lack of Christie the cat of late , maybe you could slip into the red suit and use your passion to whip the MBW stand into a frenzy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:19 pm

Christies Child wrote:Maybe you should read the Accy forum and their comment about the lack of support for our team.

Couldn't give a sh1te about what the Accy fans think. It's people from other parts of the ground who keep having a pop at the MBW Stand that grates.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:20 pm

bill ding wrote:Never heard the abuse even though i am not too far away from you . Ever thought of trying out for the cheerleaders, nice mover . ;)
Just a thought, i noticed a lack of Christie the cat of late , maybe you could slip into the red suit and use your passion to whip the MBW stand into a frenzy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Replace 'slip' with 'squeeze' and you might be close...but I doubt it. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Christies Child

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:27 pm

broadwayshrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Maybe you should read the Accy forum and their comment about the lack of support for our team.

Couldn't give a sh1te about what the Accy fans think. It's people from other parts of the ground who keep having a pop at the MBW Stand that grates.

Like.
morecambe mick

Postby Sammy h » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:The Accy fans were singing "Morecambe give us a song" and, "You're supposed to be at home" etc etc.

Credit to the drummers today who did their best.

On another matter, Paul Mullin fills me with despair to be quite honest right now ..... am I the only one who thinks this ??

I thought at times today the atmosphere was good. It also sounded quite loud from where I was stood, although that was right in the middle of it all. It is hard to get it going when the football you are watching is shi**.

I don't think the hangovers from last night helped either :lol:
Sammy h

Postby broadwayshrimp » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:30 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
broadwayshrimp wrote:

Like.

No I don't
broadwayshrimp

Postby Sammy h » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:32 pm

Terrible performance against a terrible team. Same old story against there, we gave Ryan too much room for the second goal and allowed them to bully us off the park. There was no passion apart from the ten minutes after the Stanley/Craney situation where we looked like we were up for it.... We scored after that btw.

I am shocked and appalled that Sammy took off Scott Brown who was one of the few players along with Stanners who looked up for it today. How did he keep Drummond on the pitch? Time for him to go.
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:33 pm

broadwayshrimp wrote:Couldn't give a sh1te about what the Accy fans think. It's people from other parts of the ground who keep having a pop at the MBW Stand that grates.

Here's some quotes anyway:
"stalag globe arena"
"breezeblock paradise"
"totally failed to get behind their team"
"despite the weather and the lack of pies for sale"
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Ntini » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:19 pm

Keith wrote:What bothered me is that when Sammy Mac was interviewed on Radio Lancashire he said that the second half 'had draw written all over it'. Could someone please point out that we are in a relegation battle and that draws at home to other teams in a relegation battle is not going to be good enough? We need to be going for wins, especially at home to other struggling teams rather than apparently accepting a draw. Our plan for the season appears to be relying upon two of Lincoln, Barnet or Hereford being unable to improve.

I completely agree with you there, Keith. It was very disappoiting to hear Sammy almost saying that we played for the draw in the second half - which would tally with his bizzare decision to take off a striker when we were 1-1 to be replaced with another midfielder. Needless to say, we then drifted back and put ourselves under pressure, eventually conceding the second goal. And then, Sammy gives us a formation I have never seen at any football game I have attended, the good old 3-6-1!!! It's alright him blaming the players making mistakes and saying "But I'll take the flack as manager like I always do" (or words to that effect) but maybe HE should start looking at his own silly mistakes that HE shouldn't be making. I've always backed him as he's not just got us into the league, but he's also a top bloke. But, my club comes first. I'm losing faith in him, and that worries me. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

As for the problems, where do you begin? Wilson was never in the game and is like a lightswitch. Charnock lunged in when there was absolutely no need, and then tries too hard to make it up and just played poorly. Despite what others say (and I'm prepared to be shot down for this), whenever I see Parrish play he looks really nervous as though he isn't confident of his ability - holding back instead of clearing simple balls which puts the whole team under pressure. Drummond has started giving the ball away, which just isn't like him. Brown worked hard but doesn't seem to know where he is meant to play, and is then replaced by Fleming who should have been running his legs off but looked like he'd had one too many over the festivities. And then the strike partnership were always too far apart to play off one another. When Mullin flicked a ball forward there was no-one near him, and when Spencer got the ball on the right, just ran towards the touch line where the ball was shepherded out of play. He needs to run at defenders so that he can actually threaten the goal, and when he does, he needs to keep his cool and get them on target.

We're lacking ideas and not many players seem to know where they are meant to play when they're on the pitch. The evidence seems to point in only one way, but what do we do?
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby ezz » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Wilson was our best player in the first half, second half we dominated the first 20-30 mins but ended up with nothing to show but a wasted golden opportunity.
We didn't deserve to lose but did little to deserve to win, what we lacked was someone like ryan who can makes things happen when the team cant create anything.
'Ok' performances arn't what we need, three points are but today we may have deserved something....but at home thats not good enough either. We have to take three points instead of going out with no plan and hoping we catch a team on an off day.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:58 pm

Accrington hadn't won away since March last year. They saw the 3 points hanging from the corner flag as they warmed up :(
marky No.1

Postby Mike » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:17 pm

Just home from my 280 mile round trip.

The match - disappointing, we used to play attractive attacking football once, no evidence of that today. Can't see the point of bringing a sub on with 2 mins to go, how are they susposed to get into the game ?

The attendance - disappointing, if we can't get more than 2700 odd on a derby relegation scrap on new years day when there as been no game for weeks, its a poor show.

The atmosphere - disappointing, despite the best efforts of a few in the MBW, it was very quiet, thought Stanley fans got behind their team, good flags too, but suprised how few of them made the half hour journey.

The ground - disappointing. 1 superb stand, 1 neat away stand, a home stand a long way beneath what we had previously, still neat but just not the North Stand is it and one side that is just not football league standard, shouldn't have that with a brand new ground. I don't want to sound too negative on this, I appreciate the efforts of those who keep the club running, but I feel slightly let down.Its like a kid being promised a games console for Christmas, only to receive an atari rather than the expected xbox, its good but could have been better.

The programme - the only thing that really disappoints with an otherwise excellent publication is that in the stats pages, the column for away attendance never seems to be complete, I can understand if we cant get that information from some other teams but surely we should have that data from our home games, its not been updated since 16th Oct, c'mon Sean finger out pal :) .

So overall, football wise a pretty disappointing day, until the next time.

Mike

P.S There was a thread about old photo's on here, I think that shot of the North Stand on page 29 of todays programme is a cracking shot, and reminds me of what days home used to be like.
"He's got all the time in the world - no he's taken far too long"
Mike

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:28 pm

hi i just got back i just thought we was unlucky!!

and thought we played a hell of a lot better when Mullin came off playing the ball to feet but then they scabbed a wander goal but!
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:58 pm

Low attendance overall yes, but the W&L suite had the most diners of any game to date. The fans bar area was just the one section and half time was like being on a tube train in rush hour.
marky No.1

Postby ockers » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:05 pm

8-) [The programme - the only thing that really disappoints with an otherwise excellent publication is that in the stats pages, the column for away attendance never seems to be complete, I can understand if we cant get that information from some other teams but surely we should have that data from our home games, its not been updated since 16th Oct, c'mon Sean finger out pal :) .

will do mike....

have noticed but not always to hand but will have a dig for the figures mate

didnt see the derbyshire reds flag today or did kathryn have that in Melbourne?? 8-)
ockers

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:48 pm

We go and beat a Port Vale side top of the league by playing football on the deck, then go play Accrington Stanley and hoof the ball up towards Paul Mullin, who for me how now sadly passed it. Sammy goes on about his work rate for the team etc etc, but on more than one occasion today he didn't look interested.

New striker needed. Spencer has a great touch and puts a shift in, but we need a prolific goalscorer alongside Jevons.
Crooky MFC

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion