Back him or Sack him?

Back him or Sack him?

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:25 pm

After yet another shambolic home performance against an equally poor Stanley, the time must be close when the Board have to decide whether they back the manager or sack him.

Not an easy decision but one that has to be made after all the investment over the last few seasons into getting us into the League (something which we will be always be thankful to the manager for) and for all the off field investment in the new stadium which if we returned to the Conference would be a financial disaster.

:?: :?: :?:
Last edited by Christies Child on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Back him or Sack him?

Postby MfcChris » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Is this a poll. Ask on Monday and if we have lost I think everyone will say Sack, including myself.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Morectalk » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:29 pm

Heart says back him for everything he has done for the club.

Head says sack him before the rot truly sets in.

I just don't know...
Morectalk

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Not many managers available for us, a replacement would IMO make things worse. Granted he is on borrowed time but I think he will pull us through to safety. Lets be honest, the last thing we want with a new stadium is to get relegated, and teams that start changing their managers tend to get relegated

Back him
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby marky » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Sack him, though one wonders if we can afford the inevitable compensation claim. Either way, get on the phone to Paul Jewell now, before Port Vale nab him!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:36 pm

marky wrote:Sack him, though one wonders if we can afford the inevitable compensation claim. Either way, get on the phone to Paul Jewell now, before Port Vale nab him!

Paul Jewell? Someone is living in cuckoo land
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby parkyboy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Sam Alladyce
parkyboy

Postby ockers » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:40 pm

what was your view after the port vale win cc?
ockers

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Martin Jol
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Morectalk » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:42 pm

"Sam Alladyce"

Seriously? Think he is out of our league on many levels !!!
Morectalk

Postby MfcChris » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:42 pm

MORECAMBE_RULE wrote:Not many managers available for us, a replacement would IMO make things worse. Granted he is on borrowed time but I think he will pull us through to safety. Lets be honest, the last thing we want with a new stadium is to get relegated, and teams that start changing their managers tend to get relegated

Back him

It is not about just saving us from relegation. I think he will, but who wants to be in a relegation fight and finish 22nd. (okay granted Barnet and Hereford would give it :lol:)
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby marky » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:46 pm

Living in cloud cuckoo land is backing a manager who clearly has no answers and whose major weakness of taking 3 months of a season to work out his best team, formation, etc (something everyone else seems to manage in pre-season, disrupted or otherwise) before coming good in the end appears this time to be half a season or more. The one thing he has in his favour is the sheer closeness of the league this season. Being 2 points from the relegation places and only 9 away from the play-off places is pretty unusual at this stage of a season.

As for Paul Jewell, he strikes as the kinda guy who loves the game. I don't think we'd have any problem piquing interest from him. The only issue would be salary. He is, however, just one name.
marky

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:48 pm

MfcChris wrote:who wants to be in a relegation fight and finish 22nd.

we're already in a relegation fight, right now I'll take 22nd.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:49 pm

The lad Bristol Rovers have just sacked Trollope, He got Rovers promoted out of this league so knows what it takes. I know everyone will say but why has he been sacked but League one is really tight so it's not like Rovers were in dire trouble. Also I am more interested in his record of getting teams out of League two we will cross the League one experience problem if and when we ever get there.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:51 pm

P/T Indie wrote:The lad Bristol Rovers have just sacked Trollope, He got Rovers promoted out of this league so knows what it takes. I know everyone will say but why has he been sacked but League one is really tight so it's not like Rovers were in dire trouble. Also I am more interested in his record of getting teams out of League two we will cross the League one experience problem if and when we ever get there.

very good shout
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby MfcChris » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:52 pm

This time last year, we were 3 points from 4th and 25 points from bottom...
MfcChris

Postby Morectalk » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Would it be the worst thing in the world to put Jimbo in charge until the end of the season? He has the respect of players & fans alike, and I'm sure he has his own ideas on how we should play. Obviously badges & qualifications come into the equation, but worth a thought IMO.

Also, one or two clubs looking for a new manager may look at Sammy, and that could save us a few quid in compensation.
Morectalk

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Morectalk wrote:Would it be the worst thing in the world to put Jimbo in charge until the end of the season? He has the respect of players & fans alike, and I'm sure he has his own ideas on how we should play. Obviously badges & qualifications come into the equation, but worth a thought IMO.

Also, one or two clubs looking for a new manager may look at Sammy, and that could save us a few quid in compensation.

bit too risky for me that, he can benefit us as a coach, but he could turn out cack
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby marky » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:59 pm

This time last year we were in the middle of a dip in form, having lost at home to Accrington and away at Rochdale following a run of 7 wins, 2 draws and a single loss. Suffice to say we've gone backwards in so may ways this season.

Jim Bentley? No. Maybe 2 or 3 years' time, when he's had a chance to learn the coaching trade.
marky

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:35 pm

We need to start pulling together from top to bottom, fans,the club, everyone, they wanted it more than us today, they were a man up with their magnificent supporters, we were a man down up front, ironic that mullers was loudly applauded off the pitch by their fans, and craney loudly booed off by ours, the only real noise heard from our bunch, the home and away ends are the same size, so accoustics is not the issue BTW.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:37 pm

ockers wrote:what was your view after the port vale win cc?

Remind me.....!

More to the point, give us your thoughts after todays pathetic showing or are you unable to do so because of your position?

AND

How many similar goals has Ryan scored against us? It's not as if we didn't know of what he's capable!

Our only game plan appeared to be 'pump the ball up in the air to Mullers....' pathetic!
Christies Child

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:50 pm

MORECAMBE_RULE wrote:
marky wrote:Sack him, though one wonders if we can afford the inevitable compensation claim. Either way, get on the phone to Paul Jewell now, before Port Vale nab him!

Paul Jewell? Someone is living in cuckoo land

Jewell will end up at North End I reckon.

Speaking of them, Ferguson is now free and has experience of League 2 .....
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:57 pm

I think a few people would rather take cyanide than see him as manager!
marky

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:58 pm

Ferguson is only ok if he has lots of money to spend he was always going to struggle at PNE.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:04 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Ferguson is only ok if he has lots of money to spend he was always going to struggle at PNE.

...and he has the supportive arm of Barry Fry around him.

IF our manager calls it a day (for the 3rd time?) then the Board should thank him and accept his resignation this time. As for a replacement, I'd look towards the former Carlisle Manager and up until recently the No2 at Blackburn.
Christies Child

Next

Return to General Discussion