Morecambe 1 Accrington 2 McCready

Morecambe 1 Accrington 2 McCready

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Spencer & Mullin up front, Jevons injured.

* 01 Roche
* 15 McCready
* 19 Wilson
* 22 Parrish
* 27 Charnock
* 06 Stanley
* 16 Drummond
* 29 Brown
* 08 Hunter
* 14 Spencer
* 21 Mullin

COME ON!!!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 0 Accrington 1

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:26 pm

Charnock giving away a penalty, clinically dispatched.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 0 Accrington 1

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:27 pm

1-1!!!

Chris McCready from a great Stanners freekick!

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe 1 Accrington 2 McCready

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Jimmy Ryan out of nothing. Possibly took a deflection.

7 minutes left...

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:55 pm

By the sound of it, it was scrappy with neither team playing well. A frustrating start to 2011? Typical Accrington Stanley not playing well but still do us :cry:

Hereford the only team in the current bottom six to pick up a point. Another relegation battle coming up on Monday.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:07 pm

*sigh*
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby scalehallshrimp » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:13 pm

poor game between 2 poor sides,league positions do not lie,spencer missing that sitter cost us 3 points
scalehallshrimp

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:52 pm

I think that result might spell the end for Sammy. Missed Jevons today, Mullin is getting seriously depressing to watch. Without Mullin playing, we play nice football instead of hoof it up to Mullin football, which doesn't work anyway. With Jevons and Spencer playing, we actually have chances from open play. And the other problem today was the awful 5-3-2 formation. What is wrong with a simple 4-4-2? We missed wingers today as it meant we had no avenue forward other than hoof it up to Mullin. Yet again Sammy too late with the subs, IMO he should have seen after 20 minutes the formation wasn't working and changed it then.
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby MfcChris » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:02 pm

However crap today was particulary Charnock, must win on Stockport let's get there and behind the team. Only about 60 miles.

Stockport are crap and concede so many goals it is unreal, particulary at home. And I think they are the worst home side this season, so that means they beat us. As let's face it we could not beat the 2 worst away sides in Barnet and Accrington.

Sammy's last game Monday?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Blaming the formation is a cop out and an easy excuse after the game - we have played loads of different systems this year and none have consistantly worked. Today we were not up to scratch as usual against Accrington, they were poor but exactly like last year a scabby goal gives them the 3 points.

Main poor performers today IMO:

Mullin: looked like he could not be bothered, everthing that hit his head went absolutely nowhere and his presence made us play hoofball which does not work.

Charnock: very very poor and worrying as we have to decide whether to sign him the next few days. Giving away that penalty was pathetic when there was absolutely no need for the tackle.

Drummond: passes astray, inability to tackle and no movement at all

Can we sign a team full of garry hunters please and then we might get somewhere. Seriously though, there needs to be some movement in this transfer window and the cheque book might be required.

Must win against Stockport now otherwise we are really in the brown stuff - hopefully a few will make the trip, I certainly am.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Loglayer » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Well that was a very enjoyable game NOT...
There just seems to be no heart or idea. Nothing is improving at all. We seem to get a good game every now and then, it's not good enough. The only player that earned his wage was Parrish. Please sammy get us a quick 25ish striker ASAP.... :(
Loglayer

Postby Morectalk » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:10 pm

Either smashing it up to Mullin to nod onto Jevons, who was obviously not there today, or it was tippy-tappy mamby-pamby no-end-result football which resulted in barely a decent attempt on target. Drummond is, I'm sorry to say, past it, and Mullin is not far behind him.

Dross...again...happy new year Sammy... :(
Morectalk

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:17 pm

A team of Gary Hunters?? you want us to get to the half way line and then pass it backwards all the time? He works hard but is rarely an end result. Mullin had a testimonial do the other day at accie shame he returned to us! Sammy says 4 weeks without a game was no excuse why say it then? Time for a change, new manager new ideas Would be nice to try to win a game as opposed to try to keep a point. A very poor game between 2 poor sides and poor attendance. We used to get more against scousport!!
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:19 pm

It was clear today that this was a game between two struggling teams. To be fair a draw would have been a fair result today and maybe slightly unlucky with Jimmt Ryans winner.
heysham_mfc

Postby Pandashrimp » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:20 pm

I WOULD like to see us change systems but also personell. 4-5-1 like the first few games. Fleming, Hunter and Stanners in midfield. With Rundle and Shuker or Duffy really advanced wide.

I still cannot believe that Fleming, and in particular Rundle and Shuker are left to rot on the bench week in week out. They get 2 mins every week its a joke. Why buy them not to play?
Pandashrimp

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Pandashrimp wrote:I WOULD like to see us change systems but also personell. 4-5-1 like the first few games. Fleming, Hunter and Stanners in midfield. With Rundle and Shuker or Duffy really advanced wide.

I still cannot believe that Fleming, and in particular Rundle and Shuker are left to rot on the bench week in week out. They get 2 mins every week its a joke. Why buy them not to play?

4-5-1 could work, if we push Fleming up to support the lone striker (JEvons or Spencer), at least it would encourage us to keep it on the deck. Realistically though, it will not change our policy of hoof football I dont think as playing 451 at the beginning of the season, hoof football was all we did really.

As a positive, I would have to agree with a previous comment about Parrish, 100% effort again from him, I'd give him the captaincy he is a great example to all the players
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Westgate Wanderer wrote:A team of Gary Hunters?? you want us to get to the half way line and then pass it backwards all the time? He works hard but is rarely an end result. Mullin had a testimonial do the other day at accie shame he returned to us! Sammy says 4 weeks without a game was no excuse why say it then? Time for a change, new manager new ideas Would be nice to try to win a game as opposed to try to keep a point. A very poor game between 2 poor sides and poor attendance. We used to get more against scousport!!

Mainly because he is not given any support so can't get an end product out of his effort. His commitment across every position in the team is what i was alluding to.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:33 pm

What bothered me is that when Sammy Mac was interviewed on Radio Lancashire he said that the second half 'had draw written all over it'. Could someone please point out that we are in a relegation battle and that draws at home to other teams in a relegation battle is not going to be good enough? We need to be going for wins, especially at home to other struggling teams rather than apparently accepting a draw. Our plan for the season appears to be relying upon two of Lincoln, Barnet or Hereford being unable to improve.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:34 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:
Westgate Wanderer wrote:A team of Gary Hunters?? you want us to get to the half way line and then pass it backwards all the time? He works hard but is rarely an end result. Mullin had a testimonial do the other day at accie shame he returned to us! Sammy says 4 weeks without a game was no excuse why say it then? Time for a change, new manager new ideas Would be nice to try to win a game as opposed to try to keep a point. A very poor game between 2 poor sides and poor attendance. We used to get more against scousport!!

Mainly because he is not given any support so can't get an end product out of his effort. His commitment across every position in the team is what i was alluding to.

I think Hunter is wasted at right back, he is a forward thinking player and a scrapper, put him at centre mid with stanley.
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby Lloydie » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:40 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Lloydie

Postby parkyboy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:41 pm

Morecambe Player commentary poor today
parkyboy

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:41 pm

What a shame to go backwards after a good performance against Port Vale.
Mullin comes back and we're doing the high ball upfield again, which is not the Morecambe way to play.
Mentally, we do not seem strong enough to see things through at the moment, Accrington seemed hungrier as a team, although Parrish was again superb, how did Spencer get MOM?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Morectalk » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:43 pm

His mum works for Capsticks !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morectalk

Postby parkyboy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:43 pm

Morecambe Player commentary team thought he was man of match as well
parkyboy

Postby Morectalk » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:48 pm

By the way, sorry to say but Accy flag turnout looked good today.
Morectalk

Next

Return to General Discussion