Shrimps' Fan Club

Shrimps' Fan Club

Postby The Voice » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:32 pm

Ockers has mentioned that there is no Official Fan Club at the moment, that it would be good for the club to have one and up to us to form one.

Lets put it to the test.

Who would be interested in forming a Fan Club and playing an active part in it?

What are the different functions that are required?

Travel?
Membership?
Fundraising?
Entertainment?
Web?
Photos?
Fan Representation?
Newsletter / Fanzine?
Club Liaison?

Thats at least 18 people if you go with a rule of thumb of two people per area. If you are interested, put your name below and which area you might be interested in.

What about a meeting over a pint in JBs after the match on Saturday?

Anyone?
The Voice

Re: Shrimps' Fan Club

Postby halftimeresults » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:30 pm

Its a great idea
I will be in JB s after the game.
Hope it works out but i think it could be a flop like the planned flag day against Stanley.
halftimeresults

Postby The Voice » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:35 pm

Looks like you are right Hodgie!

80 views and no takers.

Seems there are lots of issues but no one wanting to improve things.

Come on Shrimps! Why not have a go?

Christies Child? Keith? Alwaysright? Bryan?, Sammy H? Mr Potatohead? Morecambe Mick? Posh? Marky No1? Bigreddog? Morectalk? Vinny? Seasider9601? Outsider?

Anyone? :(
The Voice

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:46 pm

I nominate bareben for entertainment officer, and cc for club liason :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:47 pm

essex shrimp for funzene editor :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Morectalk » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:55 pm

80 views and no takers.
Seems there are lots of issues but no one wanting to improve things.

Easy to say, but with all the best intentions in the world, something like that could end up being quite a commitment.
Morectalk

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:12 pm

"Commitment" is the operative word indeed, Morectalk.

The Voice, I applaud you most strongly for you trying to get this off the ground and I think it does NEED to happen.

I also wish I could get involved, but like a lot of people, family and work commitments (not knowing where I am working from one week to the next sometimes) unfortunately puts me out of the equation.

Hodgy, the flag day. WHAT WAS DISCUSSED AT YOUR MEETING REGARDING THE FLAG DAY????!!!!! Was it cloak and dagger ???????????!!!!!!!!!! :roll:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby halftimeresults » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:09 pm

Nobody turned up :cry:
halftimeresults

Postby Posh » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:31 pm

I've been advocating forming an active Supporters Club for a long time. The reasons are too numerous to mention expect to say that it's desperately needed.

However I've explained that due to work commitments, home life and charities I'm involved with there isn't time for me to take a role, if there was one. I'd definitely be a member and I'd offer any help and support I can give.

Hopefully someone will take the lead.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:38 pm

The Voice wrote:Christies Child? Keith? Alwaysright? Bryan?, Sammy H? Mr Potatohead? Morecambe Mick? Posh? Marky No1? Bigreddog? Morectalk? Vinny? Seasider9601? Outsider?

Anyone? :(

OK Mr Voice now you have named names I presume YOU know who we all are? I know and speak to around half of the names on a fairly regular basis, whereas you are hiding yourself and literally trying to tell us what to do. It actually sounds like it is you that would be the best person for the "lead" job.

If the Voice is to be heard I too shall be in JB's after M.O.M. presentation on Saturday.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:40 pm

The Manx flag as my avitar may give a hint to where I live! Would make it a bit difficult to be active. I would allow some photos to be used (after Ockers has used what he wants in the programme). I think it is a great idea and would be very useful.

There was discussion about this recently, it would be good if something came out of it:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9810&hilit=supporters+club
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby stoyles » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:51 pm

I would be up for getting involved but before everyone starts questioning ALL morecambe fans commitment (Not saying that anyone alreafy has done before i get jumped on).

lets try organise a meet up night at the globe, will anyone volunteer to make up some simple posters advertising the meet, say the week after the torquay game as that would give plenty of notice to people. And then all we need is permission from the club to be able to put them up around the globe. and maybe contacts on here would advertise it through local media.
stoyles

Postby Sammy h » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:03 am

I would be interested. What is the first step though. There has already been a similar thread a couple of weeks ago and everything just seems to go quiet.

Once we take the first step, (meeting after the game on NYD?) then we can move forward.
Sammy h

Postby Vinny » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:16 am

Wow! Things happen quick on here! I just happened to look on here and picked up on this, another interesting thread started by The (anonymous) Voice, and it's already all over!? Or was the quick u-turn by The Voice showing he was just playing Devils' advocate, to 'test' the support of the new club set-up?

It's okay, in fact it's great to come up with these ideas, and great to air them on here, but if it is to be a serious suggestion, give it a bit more time. Not everyone has a live link to the pulse of SV's. Keep it constructive, let people think about it and consider it seriously, allow time for it to develop and evolve and then see what happens.

I don't know what's really involved with a Fan Club. A few objectives, perhaps on the lines as have been mentioned at the start of the thread, but these may be too ambitious to start with. I'd suggest keep it simple to start with. Is there anyone who has experience of the Auxillary Supporters' Club, or any other football Fan Club? How might it be affiliated, recognised and respected by the club? If it is essentially 'for the fans', perhaps Keith might allow there to be a dedicated Forum for a Shrimps' Fan Club discussion area on SV's?

And just to show how quick I am on picking up on things, I've only just seen and read this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9810&hilit=supporters+club (where ever it has dropped off to) and progressed the idea well of a Shrimps Supporters' Club (or is that different to a Fan Club?) with several pledges of support, including a website host - bring it on!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby The Voice » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:09 am

Vinny (and everyone else)

I wasnt playing Devil's Advocate or testing anything. I am a Morecambe fan who is missing Christie Park, Missing the old "we are in this together" mentality between the club and the fans and missing the whole spirit that is captured so well in Derek Quinn's book. The whole reason i became a Morecambe fan is that I didnt want to be just a spectator and feed a business machine, I wanted to belong to a club. I feel we have lost the spirit of the club along the way from Christie Park to The Globe. It is clearly different people managing and running the club and it seem to be all about ££££ and less about the fans and the football.

I was hoping to find some like minded people on here and maybe try and find a voice for the fans. I accept that I got enthusiastic and came in like a bull in a china shop. I have clearly upset the status quo on here and ruffled a few feathers. Not my intention at all to challenge anyone. I do think it is interesting that the fans who are most vocal are not willing to get involved though.

Stoyles, Haltimeresults, Sammy H and Vinny are up for it. I think the suggestion to hold a meeting after letting other fans know is a good idea and maybe another date should be chosen. Maybe Ockers could put something in the programme if he is allowed?

Once again sorry for upsetting anyone. Not my intention.
The Voice

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:16 am

You've certainly NOT upset me The Voice, I can assure you.

As I posted in a previous thread, I would GLADLY help in any way shape or form to get this off the ground, but work and family commitments definitely prevent it.

I have "worked" (all voluntary I must add) for the club in a couple of various guises since 1988 season (I started watching in 1985) and without a word of a lie, I truly wish I could STILL help out the club in any of these (voluntary) roles which I held. As I keep saying though, work and family MUST come first I'm afraid and, there simply aren't enough hours in the day.

I would without doubt sign up to any club that was implemented, and also attend any events planned which I could do. Work and family commitments permitting.

I really do hope this comes to fruition. We need to retain that "family spirit" we had at The Pie.
Seasider9601

Postby Vinny » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:26 am

Vinny wrote:And just to show how quick I am on picking up on things, I've only just seen and read this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9810&hilit=supporters+club (where ever it has dropped off to) and progressed the idea well of a Shrimps Supporters' Club (or is that different to a Fan Club?) with several pledges of support, including a website host - bring it on!

The Voice wrote:Stoyles, Haltimeresults, Sammy H and Vinny are up for it. I think the suggestion to hold a meeting after letting other fans know is a good idea and maybe another date should be chosen. Maybe Ockers could put something in the programme if he is allowed?

Like I had, you still seem to have missed the previous thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9810&hilit=supporters+club or is this different from a Fan Club?
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:30 am

halftimeresults wrote:Nobody turned up :cry:

I just really hope this proposed new Supporters Club happens Vinny / The Voice.

Although just by Hodgy's reply to the Flag Day Invites (above), it makes me wonder whether it ever will.

Just wondering, might be an idea to get either Mike and / or Ian involved in any re-launch??
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:27 am

The Voice wrote:Well many apologies for trying to stir up a bit of passion.

I got your 'Names' from the 'Xmas party' thread and assumed that as the most vociferous and active members you might be persuaded to join in. I know who some of you are, but not all.

It was only an idea. Forget it.

No don't forget it!! If I may say the vocal ones on here ate generally the more positive ones that still post regularly. It is I.M.O. the so called negatives that generally complain about everything and are the definitely the ones that need to be involved if you expect any sort of "change" .

I too as Seasider says would join a fan club, but meanwhile I know the Club are following the "irritations" but there will be a longish list and certain things will have priority. We need to be patient and show the team some Passion first and then maybe, just maybe we can all bond again.

Let's start with Saturday eh? Rome wasn't built in a day.

Come on Morecambe!!
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:35 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
The Voice wrote:Well many apologies for trying to stir up a bit of passion.

I got your 'Names' from the 'Xmas party' thread and assumed that as the most vociferous and active members you might be persuaded to join in. I know who some of you are, but not all.

It was only an idea. Forget it.

No don't forget it!! If I may say the vocal ones on here ate generally the more positive ones that still post regularly. It is I.M.O. the so called negatives that generally complain about everything and are the definitely the ones that need to be involved if you expect any sort of "change"

I too as Seasider says would join a fan club, but meanwhile I know the Club are following the "irritations" but there will be a longish list and certain things will have priority. We need to be patient and show the team some Passion first and then maybe, just maybe we can all bond again.

Let's start with Saturday eh? Rome wasn't built in a day.

Come on Morecambe!!

Excellent....

As others, family and new work commitments prevent me now getting involved in such ventures as I would like. Also logistically it costs me a few extra pennies every time I travel down to The Globe which to be honest I can ill afford having lost my usual mode of transport.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:51 pm

Again I.M.O. although the Globe is not far from Sainsburys on Google Earth it is actually so much more out of the way, unless you are Seasider or live in Heysham of course.

Far better than the greenhouse in Salop tho :lol:
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:53 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Again I.M.O. although the Globe is not far from Sainsburys on Google Earth it is actually so much more out of the way, unless you are Seasider or live in Heysham of course.

I must change my location actually ! It's a 10 minute walk.

5 if it's pi$$ing down with rain !! (As it was v. Crewe I think it was ....... !!)
Seasider9601

Postby STITCHSHRIMP » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi all

I look at shrimps voices every day and the fan's club sounds a good idea. However being one of the 1st committee members on the shrimps supporters club that was 1st set up with people like dave whalley doug schofield mick silburn and varoius other people to name a few it's very hard work. Hodgie knows this as when we used to run coaches to away games in the mid 80's and ealry 90's its not easy getting everybody on board. When the supporters club was set up we had membership and diaries and discount for members plus other things like draws and prize in the world cup bar all through the season. If anydody want's more info on how to get things up and ruuning let me know and i will meet you all in bar at the globe. :D
STITCHSHRIMP

Postby bigreddog » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:26 pm

just seen this thread, although I'm pretty sure it was mentioned a while back, I'm happy to take on any role at all, I'm not one to gob off in the bar and then not be willing to do something active for the club, whether it's digging snow off the pitch or helping with a supporters club. count me in, I'll be in the bar after the Accy game along with Mark and others, lets see what we can get started. I'm sure it will be hard work, but getting anything off the ground always is, and I'm sure those that have been involved before will testify to how much dedication is needed, and how much resilience is needed when things get frustrating. so lets meet and go from there.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby stoyles » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:40 pm

I will be in the bar too after the accy game and willing to chat to anyone LETS GET IN ON
stoyles

Next

Return to General Discussion