Can you help on Boxing Day?

Re: Can you help on Boxing Day?

Postby Keith » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:22 am

Very heavy rain on the Isle of Man. All the snow went over night. Hopefully you'll get it soon enough to thaw things out before the inspection.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:34 am

marky No.1 wrote:I think another 24 hours and we would have been ok. Interesting decision for the Ref today. When he does his test today the pitch won't be payable IMO however listening out of the window you can hear the thaw out with gutters cracking and drips everywhere :lol: By 3pm tomorrow the ice will have gone at the current rate of Globe-al warming.

Minus 1 and snow forecast overnight 8-)

Ironical that if the pitch inspection had been Tuesday morning match may have been on due to the thaw that is taking place, and apparently 5 degrees tomorrow, positively warm by comparison.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:44 am

Ref was in a no win. I presume they decide on the condition at the time and not what it might be next day. If he had given a yes he would then have the travelling team and fans to be responsible for , not to mention the Club staff and catering etc. Instead at 3pm tomorrow he could well have us all on his back saying we could have played in the beach like conditions :?

Maybe if the fixture was against a more localized team it may have had more chance ?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:15 am

You're absolutely right, as usual,Mark! :)
So difficult to get these things right with this strange weather. Hope Accy don't play tomorrow and get in some practice before they play us! :o
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:41 am

seasonsinthesun wrote:You're absolutely right, as usual,Mark! :)
So difficult to get these things right with this strange weather. Hope Accy don't play tomorrow and get in some practice before they play us! :o

Wouldn't like to admit to being alwaysright as he is a tad more negative than me. The teams around us do have a chance of gaining points but Accys game in Sheffield is already off. Barnet v Stockport is an interesting one :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:49 am

The thaw has now started so think Accy will be on.
heysham_mfc

Postby bigreddog » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:58 am

heysham_mfc wrote:The thaw has now started so think Accy will be on.

certainly hope so, to be honest getting the aldershot game on was always a long shot, but it wasn't for the want of trying. Let's just hope the pitch is in good order so we can break our hoodoo against our local rivals
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby outsider » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:13 pm

hoodoo HOODOO? What hoodoo they have never beaten us at The Globe ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:28 pm

Respect to everyone who spent the day down at the Globe yesterday. However if I told my Mrs I was going down to the Globe all boxing day and not spending it with the family I don't think it would be safe to go home!

It's a shame about the fans party but sadly lots of families have plans boxing day like another meal at another relatives.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:46 pm

The snow was removed from the covers with the game at the weekend in mind.

There was never really a chance of the Tuesday game being on, there hasn't been a let up in the weather for the last 2/3 weeks really.

Just a thought I had whilst barrowing snow, if some of the people who on here complain that the "Globe" does not feel like home had gone down and put some time in on the pitch, then they may have started to build a link with the place. I know I did.
morecambe mick

Postby alwaysright » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Unfortunatly i was at work yesterday as i was on Christmas Day so there's my excuse !!!!
alwaysright

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:20 pm

have to say we were looked after by the club with food and drink all day and if it helps for the accy game it wasnt a wasted effort.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Previous

Return to General Discussion