Chances of Aldershot & Accy home games being on?

Chances of Aldershot & Accy home games being on?

Postby Lloydie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:24 am

Not looking too good at the moment....
Lloydie

Re: Chances of Aldershot & Accy home games being on?

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:28 am

Lloydie wrote:Not looking too good at the moment....

The pitch has been covered with the clubs new covers in line with League requirements. A layer of snow is on top of the covers acting as a kind of insulation barrier preventing the extreme temperatures from doing their maximum harm.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Christies Child wrote:

The pitch has been covered with the clubs new covers in line with League requirements. A layer of snow is on top of the covers acting as a kind of insulation barrier preventing the extreme temperatures from doing their maximum harm.

Surely the longer these covers are on the more damage they will do? surely the pitch requires sun light in order to keep in good condition?
thegentlegiant

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:04 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Surely the longer these covers are on the more damage they will do? surely the pitch requires sun light in order to keep in good condition?

This is what Chesh is worried about. He's got it all under control and knows exactly what he's doing.......or so he keeps telling me! ;) ;) ;)

Maybe he'll give me a call if he requires some 'hot air'.... :oops:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby MfcChris » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Although I read last week you (or may have been someone else) said protection requirements were temperatures up to -7, however Northampton said their cover protects at -5. And this week has easily been and will be worse than -7.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Lurchy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:02 am

As previously mentioned, if there is a fair amount of snow on the covers it will act as insulation so reducing the chance of a frozen pitch.

However if the pitch is frozen, the long term health of the turf shouldn't be a worry as the grass is "frozen in time" so to speak, limiting the damage occuring from lack of sunlight.

Hope that gives some clarity.
Everybody Love Everybody
Lurchy

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:03 pm

I have seen the future...and it says that the Macclesfield game will be postponed, but that the next three will be on v. Aldershot, Accrington and Stockport as a steady thaw sets in from 26th onwards :)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Lloydie » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:32 am

Lets hope so!

Christmas games are one of the highlights of the year (and we usually start playing well around then!!!)

If the game is off Tuesday I might just watch any Prem games in the bar anyways 8-)
Lloydie

Postby seasonsinthesun » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:45 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:I have seen the future...and it says that the Macclesfield game will be postponed, but that the next three will be on v. Aldershot, Accrington and Stockport as a steady thaw sets in from 26th onwards :)

Don't be concerned...the Aldershot game will be on as it will be a little warmer by then,
and Kevin Dillon will utter the immortal phrase: "All I ever get when I go to Morecambe is a cup of tea at half time." :)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:48 pm

Didn't Sir Sammy say that about Dagenham too at one time ??!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby seasonsinthesun » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Yes, and also Tommy Docherty when Man U could never win at Anfield!!
seasonsinthesun

Return to General Discussion