Sammy targets January recruits

Sammy targets January recruits

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:51 pm

"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: Sammy targets January recruits

Postby Sammy h » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Sounds like Spencer needs to put in another performance if he is to stay.
Sammy h

Postby MfcChris » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:32 pm

"I think I'd then have a good enough squad here to then kick on."

Then? So we haven't now? Thought we had the best squad. Great confidence.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby essex_shrimp » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:02 pm

Well Chris your right .

Does this mean McCready was not good enough.
or Spencer
Rundle and Shucker and capidini i think that how you spell the name.

I think Morecambe show get 1-2 new bodies in like shrimpsvoices say striker mid 20s powerful that can force himself into the first team by the end of the season

do i think this will happen yes its called new guy or Spencer on loan until rest of the season lads
essex_shrimp

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:15 pm

To me this goes to show that Sammy really isn't too sure what his best eleven is, and he just hopes to stumble across it just in time to save our season :roll:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Christies Child » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:24 pm

Without doubt our manage has assembled the best ever squad ON PAPER but as sometimes happens at clubs, that doesn't automatically mean that they can play as a unit. Good individually and in small groups but collectively?

I go along with the thinking that our manager doesn't know his best formation (and that isn't to be taken as a criticism) but the news that he's targeting new additions in January could only compound the problem.

For me, he needs to sign on contract Charnock, Brown and extend the loan of Spencer. In addition an experienced striker and (dare I say it ;) ) sign Capaldi as a ready made replacement for Willow assuming he's on his way to the Championship.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Sammy h » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:58 pm

Christies Child wrote:Without doubt our manage has assembled the best ever squad ON PAPER but as sometimes happens at clubs, that doesn't automatically mean that they can play as a unit. Good individually and in small groups but collectively?

I go along with the thinking that our manager doesn't know his best formation (and that isn't to be taken as a criticism) but the news that he's targeting new additions in January could only compound the problem.

For me, he needs to sign on contract Charnock, Brown and extend the loan of Spencer. In addition an experienced striker and (dare I say it ;) ) sign Capaldi as a ready made replacement for Willow assuming he's on his way to the Championship.

Our best formation with the players we currently have is 3-5-2. I think the majority of fans know that.

I was at an xmas party on Friday and as I was stumbling out of the globe at 5pm I asked Mark Dixon if Wilson was on his way to Preston in January and he thinks not.

All will be revealed...
Sammy h

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:02 pm

Sammy h wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Without doubt our manage has assembled the best ever squad ON PAPER but as sometimes happens at clubs, that doesn't automatically mean that they can play as a unit. Good individually and in small groups but collectively?

Our best formation with the players we currently have is 3-5-2. I think the majority of fans know that.

I was at an xmas party on Friday and as I was stumbling out of the globe at 5pm I asked Mark Dixon if Wilson was on his way to Preston in January and he thinks not.

All will be revealed...

was that 5pm or 5am
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:03 pm

5pm :lol:

5am was after Lancaster :lol:
Sammy h

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:18 pm

Sammy h wrote:

All will be revealed...

Well there you have it folks...the word of *o*...... ;)
Christies Child

Postby Sammy h » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:21 pm

The word of lies methinks?
Sammy h

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Sammy h wrote:The word of lies methinks?

People have been shot for lesser crimes than suggesting such a thing..... ;)
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:35 pm

if our commercial manager says wilson is staying put then...... :lol: :lol:

on another note, capidindi, really locky, dislexia is not a laughing matter, K.O
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Harry » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:39 pm

On the new Football Manager I took a leaf out of Mark Lillis' book and looked at Huddersfield reserves for decent quality acquisitions and Liam Ridehalgh looks decent as a replacement for Laurence Wilson if he goes (and if he is going, for me it has to be in January and we have to take the opportunity to get some money for him), surely better than the cracking at throw ins, useless at everything else Capaldi and likely to command a lower wage.

Also Theo Robinson has been on loan at Millwall and attracted praise from Kenny Jackett, maybe if he doesn't go back there permanently we could get him on loan for the rest of the season now we've a decent relationship with Huddersfield.
Harry

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:11 am

Lee clarke is doing a great job at huddersfield, I think Lee clarke is fantastic, good on him and huddersfield, we all owe lee big time.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby shrimper » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:31 am

"Simpson would not be helped by the loss of top scorer George Donnelly, whose loan deal runs out next month.
The 22-year-old Scouser has gone 11 matches without finding the net, but he is one of only three players to have scored more than once in the league for County this season.
Simpson had been looking to sign Donnelly permanently in the New Year, that those hopes are fading.
"I’m not confident it’s going to happen with George," said the County boss.
"Plymouth want a fee for him, and I’m not in a position to pay a fee. I’m still speaking to Peter Reid [Plymouth’s manager] to see what we can do, but I’m not hopeful."

:shock:
:o

Get in.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:42 am

shrimper wrote:"Simpson would not be helped by the loss of top scorer George Donnelly, whose loan deal runs out next month.
The 22-year-old Scouser has gone 11 matches without finding the net, but he is one of only three players to have scored more than once in the league for County this season.
Simpson had been looking to sign Donnelly permanently in the New Year, that those hopes are fading.
"I’m not confident it’s going to happen with George," said the County boss.
"Plymouth want a fee for him, and I’m not in a position to pay a fee. I’m still speaking to Peter Reid [Plymouth’s manager] to see what we can do, but I’m not hopeful."

:shock:
:o

Get in.

Yeah he would be a class signing for us :!: Him and mullin upfront would work very well :D
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby Joel Ninety » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:05 pm

I signed George Donnelly on Football Manager for Fleetwood and he is class in League 2, and Football Manager is real life so let's get him and win the league.

Watch this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBgYtVpnHQ4. We should just do all the standard transfers and then we'll be sorted.
Joel Ninety

Postby kips » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:24 am

sorry had to post.

u see a name and he's the answer? really?

he must be the missing link? after all he's on loan from Plymouth at a struggling side who lost 5-0 to Morecambe but amazingly he is the perfect foil for Mullin.

Get a grip! What we need is a session of players talking to each other and the 30yd gap between midfield and attack being addressed at home games. To be fair a good piss up and a fight is probably the answer - I'd love to see Jevo landing one on Rundle or Shuker.

Time to stand up and be counted.......

sorry again
kips

Postby kips » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:32 am

kips wrote:sorry had to post.

he must be the missing link? after all he's on loan from Plymouth at a struggling side who lost 5-0 to Morecambe but amazingly he is the perfect foil for Mullin.

Get a grip! What we need is a session of players talking to each other and the 30yd gap between midfield and attack being addressed at home games. To be fair a good piss up and a fight is probably the answer - I'd love to see Jevo landing one on Rundle or Shuker.

sorry again

plus the crown jewels [noone and BWP] are likely to be sold off in Jan to pay their impending tax bill
kips

Postby Christies Child » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:39 am

sorry again

.......totally agree!

If he got that sorted maybe the service to our front men would be better.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:02 am

"BWP" Baz, Wilson, Parrish? :o........... :oops:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:13 am

marky No.1 wrote:"BWP" Baz, Wilson, Parrish? :o........... :oops:

Bradley Wright-Phillips I think he meant ! Whilst still being on his Plymouth Argyle note ! ;)
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby shrimper » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:32 am

Get a grip!

No need to apologise.

Actually, though, no.

I see a name doing well at a struggling side. I watch him in a game and am very impressed by what I see (he was virtually a one-man strikeforce against us and showed tenacity, skill and speed), I talk to others who have seen him more often and say he's a very good player at our level and I work out that he'd be a decent young, pacy striker to go for and who would be a realistic target for us.

No-one's guaranteed to be 'the answer' but you have to have a look and see if there are players who fit the general profile of what we need. I think this player has a lot of what we're looking for.

We do need to fill the gap between midfield and forwards, you're right, but we also need at least one better striker, IMO.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:05 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:"BWP" Baz, Wilson, Parrish? :o........... :oops:

Bradley Wright-Phillips I think he meant ! Whilst still being on his Plymouth Argyle note ! ;)

WHOOSH!! :lol: Merry Christmas ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion