O/T Sainsburys plaque II

O/T Sainsburys plaque II

Postby Sammy h » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:40 pm

Lets try and get back on topic after the carnage that was created in the other thread. I agree that the plaque isn't the best or most attractive plaque in the world, but at the end of the day they didn't have to do it. What do they care where they build their store, at the end of the day they are there to make money end of.

Just for the record, there was nothing up with the original post, it was the aftermath from the so called 'mature' members that caused the thread to be locked.
Last edited by Sammy h on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sammy h

Re: O/T Sainsburys plaque...

Postby Joel Ninety » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:47 pm

Just out of curiosity: has the club done anything to acknowledge all the supporters who bought bricks to build the North Stand? Is there a plaque displayed somewhere at The Globe?
Joel Ninety

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:25 pm

I know the answer to that one but dare not give it as it may incurr wrath from the flat earth society :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Wild Bill » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:02 pm

Anyone got a picture of this plaque so I can see what all the who ha is about?
Wild Bill

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:11 pm

Wild Bill wrote:Anyone got a picture of this plaque so I can see what all the who ha is about?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9615&hilit=sainsburys
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: O/T Sainsburys plaque II

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:25 pm

Its just something new to moan about.
Sainsburys didnt have to put a plaque there at all, but they did. I think people moaning about it is quite pathetic. Yeah, i must admit it took me a while to find it; but once i had i was happy with the recognition.
chrise27007mk2

Postby Sammy h » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:18 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Wild Bill wrote:Anyone got a picture of this plaque so I can see what all the who ha is about?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9615&hilit=sainsburys

That isn't a very clear picture. Or have I totally missed it?
Sammy h

Postby ezz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:58 pm

Who cares, if Sainsbury's made stadiums.....they'd probably be the best in the world.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:55 pm

The picture may not be the best in the world but it was with a phone in the dark, not a pentax goldenbox and if you take into account the trolley traffic its not that bad. Talking about that, its the only supermarket I've seen recently that has more staff than customers. You could choose which empty checkout to go to. Maybe everyone assumes they only open on a Saturday afternoon :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:44 pm

Not even been yet! Do hope they serve pie, peas and gravy in the cafe!
heysham_mfc

Postby Morectalk » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:08 pm

Why are people getting so worked up about the plaque ? Sainsburys didn't have to do a thing, but the have, so what is the problem. I personally think it looks good.
Morectalk

Postby ezz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:21 am

Everyone is annoyed because their shop looks better than our stadium
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:53 am

ezz wrote:Everyone is annoyed because their shop looks better than our stadium

FFS...all those who constantly complain about The Globe....give it a rest. Your points have been well aired by now.

How much longer is this moaning going to continue?

Accept that that nothing will bring back what we had....and let's move on.

:( :( :(
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:09 pm

i like the globe, but I wont lie the new sainsburies looks well impressive!!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Joel Ninety » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:57 pm

When I was back in town last week and saw Sainsburys open and lit up for the first time it was surreal. Its bloody massive and will take a bit of getting used to!
Last edited by Joel Ninety on Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joel Ninety

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:58 pm

ezz wrote:i like the globe, but I wont lie the new sainsburies looks well impressive!!

Yes, the the new Sainsbury's store is superb, both in and out and a far better shopping experience than both Asda and Morrisons put together despite the prices being slightly more....although some of the offers beat those at both A and M.

Swings and Roundabouts!

However the Globe is just as impressive in its own right.

PS... My original reply was not having a go at Ezz, just others who seem to enjoy putting the new stadium down at every opportunity!
Christies Child

Postby MfcChris » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Christies Child wrote:

FFS...all those who constantly complain about The Globe....give it a rest. Your points have been well aired by now.

We will say this to you every time you bang on about the same thing 20 times, like the signs in Tesco. :roll: They must be updated now have not heard you moan a few weeks.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Christies Child » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:42 pm

MfcChris wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

We will say this to you every time you bang on about the same thing 20 times, like the signs in Tesco. :roll: They must be updated now have not heard you moan a few weeks.

That is something that costs very little to undertake.

To do what some people suggest with certain areas of the stadium would cost significantly more. :roll:
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_red » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:01 pm

Christies Child wrote:FFS...all those who constantly complain about The Globe....give it a rest. Your points have been well aired by now.

by the same token CC. you are one of very few on here who cant see the problem with the new stadium. So maybe you you should listen instead of being on the defensive.

Christies Child wrote:How much longer is this moaning going to continue?

Admitting there is a problem is the first set to dealing with a problem. Maybe if the club admitted it and that it would look into the problems then some people (me for sure) would accept that as the beginning of dealing with the issues. :arrow: Unfortunately the clubs silence is deafening. :|

Christies Child wrote:That is something that costs very little to undertake.

To do what some people suggest with certain areas of the stadium would cost significantly more

and there in lies the problem CC! The stadium cost a fortune. and is still pretty poor in some aspects. It shouldn't need as much work as it does to rectify the situation.

So you would rather the club spend a little to get "drifting fans in" rather than spend a lot and risk the lose a number of regular fans? That's my reward for loyalty? I tell you something. its a good job I love the football club. Because in any other business I would have been out the door a long time ago. And something else I will say. It hurts to feel so let down!
Heysham_red

Postby Sammy h » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:19 pm

Has anyone tried writing to the club regarding the matters. The time it takes to get food at half time etc. I know people at the club read the forum, but I don't expect them to listen/read to everything that is posted on here.
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:09 pm

Sammy h wrote:Has anyone tried writing to the club regarding the matters. The time it takes to get food at half time etc. I know people at the club read the forum, but I don't expect them to listen/read to everything that is posted on here.

Good point, it's been done to death on here now to the point where people are choosing not to come on and read the same moaning drivel over and over again. The Globe is superb and we should be cherishing it, not picking out every problem and posting it on here. The board are there and if people were that bothered they would write to them. Instead we get "I don't like it, so i'm not going anymore, i've had enough of waiting for my 24th pie of the week and the lack of peanuts around here is disgusting". It just makes us sound ungrateful. On the other hand the newer members are obviously registering to join in the YEAH WOW phenomenon. :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Good point, it's been done to death on here now to the point where people are choosing not to come on and read the same moaning drivel over and over again. The Globe is superb and we should be cherishing it, not picking out every problem and posting it on here. The board are there and if people were that bothered they would write to them. Instead we get "I don't like it, so i'm not going anymore, i've had enough of waiting for my 24th pie of the week and the lack of peanuts around here is disgusting". It just makes us sound ungrateful.

Good post Ben. Well said.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:49 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:Good point, it's been done to death on here now to the point where people are choosing not to come on and read the same moaning drivel over and over again. The Globe is superb and we should be cherishing it, not picking out every problem and posting it on here. The board are there and if people were that bothered they would write to them. Instead we get "I don't like it, so i'm not going anymore, i've had enough of waiting for my 24th pie of the week and the lack of peanuts around here is disgusting". It just makes us sound ungrateful.

Good post Ben. Well said.

I was due one. :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:56 pm

You were Ben to be fair ! :D

Compliments of the season to you !!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Return to General Discussion