Ticket Technology

Ticket Technology

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:55 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if fans start buying tickets for matches in a similar way to using the "fast lane" checkouts at Asda.
Something like: Click to start.
Which part of the ground would you like?
Screen shows available seats on plan, customer presses seat numbers required, then seats are confirmed on screen, pay with your card, and wait for tickets which come out just like a receipt.
No contact with a human being. I can see it happening, can you?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Re: Ticket Technology

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:00 pm

very good idea for the PMG stand if it was a 24/7 cashpoint type machine, an internet booking type option would also be good, i think anything that saves people queuing twice would help bring fans in.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:02 pm

Yes possibly but by then the "ticket" for many of us will be no longer
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:08 pm

I think most of the 1600 or so of us going now will be stayers.
mrpotatohead

Postby Sammy h » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:18 pm

I bought a ticket for a Huddersfield town match the other day and their website was good. You couldn't pick a specific seat, but could pick which block to sit in. Do we have an online buying system?

To be honest, I don't think we need one.
Sammy h

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:23 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if fans start buying tickets for matches in a similar way to using the "fast lane" checkouts at Asda.
Something like: Click to start.
Which part of the ground would you like?
Screen shows available seats on plan, customer presses seat numbers required, then seats are confirmed on screen, pay with your card, and wait for tickets which come out just like a receipt.
No contact with a human being. I can see it happening, can you?

the technology is already there, but the costs of implantation would be rediculas unless you have enough people coming into the ground and we don't so the easier choice and better choice from a customer satisfaction point of view is to pay people to sell tickets.
thegentlegiant

Postby marky » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:29 pm

Sammy h wrote:Do we have an online buying system?

Yes, we do. I've been trying to buy tickets for the Aldershot match but, despite showing as available, it won't let me get to the payment bit as there is a problem with the seat I've selected. Same thing keeps happening but, I'll keep trying. You can actually buy tickets for every home game for the rest of the season now.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:00 pm

marky wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Do we have an online buying system?

Yes, we do. I've been trying to buy tickets for the Aldershot match but, despite showing as available, it won't let me get to the payment bit as there is a problem with the seat I've selected. Same thing keeps happening but, I'll keep trying. You can actually buy tickets for every home game for the rest of the season now.

if it ever does, i gave up trying after 3 or 4 days of trying.
thegentlegiant

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:43 pm

marky wrote:there is a problem with the seat I've selectedow.

Hope its not mine :o I have noticed it squeaks a bit in the cold weather but nothing a bit of WD won't fix. Has anyone succeeded in buying a ticket on-line?
marky No.1

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:39 pm

I see it as a good thing. We have a modern stadium, so why not a modern ticketing system to match. Premier League teams have used this system for years.
Also some ground ie, eastlands, you now have to purchase a 'fan card' for around £15 in order to purchase tickets/access. Every fan that wants to get tickets for the game has to have this card. Suppost to minimize the risk of crowd trouble.
chrise27007mk2

Postby BLS BOY » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:17 pm

chrise27007mk2 wrote:I see it as a good thing. We have a modern stadium, so why not a modern ticketing system to match. Premier League teams have used this system for years.
Also some ground ie, eastlands, you now have to purchase a 'fan card' for around £15 in order to purchase tickets/access. Every fan that wants to get tickets for the game has to have this card. Suppost to minimize the risk of crowd trouble.

This is exactly correct, although it is now £20! I bought one first for the 02/03 season, and used it as and when it was viable, i/e if Morecambe had an away day that i couldn't make, i hopped down to watch City, have done for 25 yrs...the advantage is, every time you use this card, you earn "loyalty points" (10/20/30, dependant on which game), the more points u obtain, the higher chance you have of being higher up the list for any large away tickets, eg. old trafford, emirates, anfield etc...

I know Morecambe would be able to acheive this, and through mcfc's site, you can select your own seat now, as i have done already this season.

The idea is credible, and will save a lot of hassle and congestion.
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby marky » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:40 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Hope its not mine :o I have noticed it squeaks a bit in the cold weather but nothing a bit of WD won't fix. Has anyone succeeded in buying a ticket on-line?

Season ticket held seats are unable to be selected. The seat I want is actually next to where my family sit and they've confirmed that no one ever tends to sit there. Oddly it'll let me select the next one along, but I don't really want that one.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:52 pm

I would give the club a call and tell them. Alternatively assuming your family are local get them to call in this week and explain as there are only 5 shopping days to the Aldershot game!
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:43 am

WOW CROWD TROUBLE :lol:

Yneed a crowd in the first place :lol: :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby The KP Lovechild » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:39 am

So long as people are buying open the box tickets, the ground will be running smoothly.
"Looks like the winning ticket was sold in the sponsors lounge...."
The KP Lovechild

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:09 pm

Do you have to sign up to the website to buy tickets? Jusy tried to book an adult ticket in C2 for the Accy match and can only get as far the the the confirming your booking before you go to checkout. Got a season ticket anyway so don't need a ticket just looking to see if it is any good in case I have friends attending a match.
heysham_mfc

Postby Gnasher » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Pick a match, click on C Premier then click on Home Dugout, "Ticket No Longer Available. We're very sorry, but the area you have selected is now full." :lol:
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Return to General Discussion