Cover behind the MBW Stand - AN UMBRELLA !!!!

Re: Cover behind the MBW Stand - AN UMBRELLA !!!!

Postby ezz » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:31 am

No offence to anyone, but if your not smart enough to work out how to eat food before the game starts or before you arrive at the stadium then i'm surprised you make it through life at all.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby alwaysright » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:55 am

All this talk about covering this and that and adding more food outlets wont happen because all the club are bothered about is making money not spending it, as long as there getting people and money in the main stand there happy with, they dont give a toss about the general punters that go on the terrace or home end so just get used to it !!!!!!
alwaysright

Postby Christies Child » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:21 pm

alwaysright wrote:All this talk about covering this and that and adding more food outlets wont happen because all the club are bothered about is making money not spending it, as long as there getting people and money in the main stand there happy with, they dont give a toss about the general punters that go on the terrace or home end so just get used to it !!!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby MfcChris » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:42 pm

We go to football to watch football. I do not go to Asda to admire the paint work and complain about queuing.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Ntini » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:44 pm

MfcChris wrote:We go to football to watch football. I do not go to Asda to admire the paint work and complain about queuing.

I didn't know there was a good viewpoint of the Globe from Asda :lol: :lol: :lol:
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby MfcChris » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:01 pm

My point being you do not go to Asda to complain about queuing and the building.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby ezz » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:09 pm

i dont go to the globe to buy food, i go to watch football.
(though the football aint great)
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:43 pm

alwaysright wrote:All this talk about covering this and that and adding more food outlets wont happen because all the club are bothered about is making money not spending it, as long as there getting people and money in the main stand there happy with, they dont give a toss about the general punters that go on the terrace or home end so just get used to it !!!!!!

OK good point, but why do you think there were 2 directors watching the game from the MBW last week? ..... and yes they were in disguise! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:53 pm

MfcChris wrote:My point being you do not go to Asda to complain about queuing and the building.

But if the queues at ASDA were so crap, you'd probably stop going to ASDA wouldn't you? Surely we don't want people to stop going to The Globe because the queues are crap?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Keith » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:55 pm

Christies Child wrote:They have delivered an excellent Peter McGuigan Stand

Corrected. You only have to go and look at Dagenhams away end (underneath) to understand how let down we feel in the MBW.

That is NOT what I posted. So DON'T change it! :evil:

Just double checked...

Christies Child wrote:
BHmfc wrote:Heard a rumour today that we are going to get some form of cover behind the MBW Stand in the shape of a large umbrella/umbrellas. Now i know we are desperate for cover but i hope this particular rumour is not true, we need a real cover over the middle third of the stand (if not all of the stand) rather than a cheap knee-jerk reaction to a problem we would not have had if the MBW Stand had been correctly built/designed in the first place. This posting is not a wind-up, it's what i heard, anyone else heard something similar?

.....that's a cheap shot at the Board which is totally unfounded.

They have delivered an excellent Stadium with the money available. And I don't recall the exterior refreshment areas at CP having covered areas, particularly the North Stand!

Be thankful that you are supprting a club who financially are very, very sound. You could be supporting Stockport, then you would have something to complain about.

...nope, no-one has changed your message, it is still the same. Have to admit that the 'corrected quote' makes more sense than the original let them eat cake post! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby parceldave » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:25 pm

but why do you think there were 2 directors watching the game from the MBW last week

Because they couldn't cope with all that noise and flag waving mallarcky from their neighbours on the top floor . :lol: :lol: :lol: .

They will probably be able to enjoy their cheese&wine in peace from now on . :cry: Until we have the BIG 50 party. ;)
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:35 pm

But you were 50 ages ago!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:38 pm

marky No.1 wrote:But you were 50 ages ago!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you want to see 50 8-)
parceldave

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:05 pm

I have just changed my routine to make up for the catering failings. To avoid queueing at half time, I eat before the game, then buy a coffee at about 2.25 ish on my way to my seat, then watch the game. No queueing, and a better "experience."
Anyone should be able to go from 2.30 to 5 without eating, if they can't then they haven't planned their day too well.
When I watch some people eating their over priced hot dog or not very hot pie, I wonder why?? You don't really need to be eating that, it's just become a habit.
Having said all that, it is freedom of choice and I will forever defend anyone's right to have that choice.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:08 am

seasonsinthesun wrote:I have just changed my routine to make up for the catering failings. To avoid queueing at half time, I eat before the game, then buy a coffee at about 2.25 ish on my way to my seat, then watch the game. No queueing, and a better "experience."
Anyone should be able to go from 2.30 to 5 without eating, if they can't then they haven't planned their day too well.
When I watch some people eating their over priced hot dog or not very hot pie, I wonder why?? You don't really need to be eating that, it's just become a habit.
Having said all that, it is freedom of choice and I will forever defend anyone's right to have that choice.

I think you are missing the point. We were promised 'excellent facilities' that would encourage fans to come to the ground earlier and spend more money at the club instead of other places. That fact that fans are deciding to skip the catering and bar completely shows that the club has got it completely wrong, but it can be quickly sorted out.

The best case scenario at present is that fans feed and water themselves some place else and just come for the 90 minutes (like me) - the worst is that they may choose not to bother coming at all. :roll:

I would expect to wait a while when we have a full house but the queues when we have had only 2000 in (in both the PMG & MBW Stands) have been a joke!
Wild Bill

Postby BHmfc » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:13 am

I think one or two are missing the general point about the MBW Stand. Due to poor design, for example, the terrace steps not been high enough, people cannot see the game. There is no problem when there is a lowish gate but for the bigger games (Burnley), alot of supporters had a poor view of the pitch and many casual fans said because of that they will not be rushing back, so costing the club money. Also the problem at the back of the stand with queues and only 1 serving hatch, people are now deciding not to eat/drink so once again costing the club money. In any business you have to look after your customers, if you do not look after them they go else where, bearing in mind we are 1 of the smallest clubs in the league can we afford to lose money in this way. Our over-heads must be higher now than at any time in the clubs history, we have to employ people to manage/work in a bar that is open long hours 7 days a week, we have to employ staff to work in the club shop, we now have reception staff, catering staff, admin staff and God knows what else staff, the point is, all these people have to be paid, and just a small drop in match revenue can have an impact on the day to day running of the club
BHmfc

Postby Wild Bill » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:55 am

BHmfc wrote:I think one or two are missing the general point about the MBW Stand. Due to poor design, for example, the terrace steps not been high enough, people cannot see the game. There is no problem when there is a lowish gate but for the bigger games (Burnley), alot of supporters had a poor view of the pitch and many casual fans said because of that they will not be rushing back, so costing the club money. Also the problem at the back of the stand with queues and only 1 serving hatch, people are now deciding not to eat/drink so once again costing the club money. In any business you have to look after your customers, if you do not look after them they go else where, bearing in mind we are 1 of the smallest clubs in the league can we afford to lose money in this way. Our over-heads must be higher now than at any time in the clubs history, we have to employ people to manage/work in a bar that is open long hours 7 days a week, we have to employ staff to work in the club shop, we now have reception staff, catering staff, admin staff and God knows what else staff, the point is, all these people have to be paid, and just a small drop in match revenue can have an impact on the day to day running of the club

Summed up in a (rather large) nutshell. TBH the view is not a problem for me (I am 6'1") but solving the height of the steps could only be done by knocking it down and starting again!

Even if the club just stick to one food outlet it could be a lot better organised with the right staff and training. Just seems like they don't seem any more organised from the Coventry game. Noticed that in the PMG Stand they bought out a trolley selling hot pasta and that might be a good idea to have behind the MBW Stand too. A programme kiosk and maybe even a bookies might be a good idea, but please lets invest in a couple of TVs and a roof!
Wild Bill

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:16 am

Wild Bill wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:I have just changed my routine to make up for the catering failings. To avoid queueing at half time, I eat before the game, then buy a coffee at about 2.25 ish on my way to my seat, then watch the game. No queueing, and a better "experience."

I think you are missing the point. We were promised 'excellent facilities' that would encourage fans to come to the ground earlier and spend more money at the club instead of other places. That fact that fans are deciding to skip the catering and bar completely shows that the club has got it completely wrong, but it can be quickly sorted out.

The best case scenario at present is that fans feed and water themselves some place else and just come for the 90 minutes (like me) - the worst is that they may choose not to bother coming at all. :roll:

I would expect to wait a while when we have a full house but the queues when we have had only 2000 in (in both the PMG & MBW Stands) have been a joke!

Not missing the point, Wild Bill, just agreeing with you that because of the catering failures, I am now spending less money at the Globe on a matchday than I did at Christie, and am having to alter slightly my routine,if the club get it sorted, I will happily spend money again on food,but until then...
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby MfcChris » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:10 pm

And what is with the highest step being so wide? I see small young teens stood at the back leaning on the wood thing for an hour, only for someone tall to stand right in front of them at 2:55. Happens to me also.
MfcChris

Postby Globearena » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:47 pm

i think the two directors in the mbw stand were rod taylor and peter cross.
Globearena

Postby alwaysright » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:36 pm

And i bet thet said to each other, my god this is a shit stand lets get back to were we can sit down and get some decent food.
alwaysright

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:33 pm

All part of the 'experience'.
Do you go on your own by any chance?
chrise27007mk2

Previous

Return to General Discussion