Cover behind the MBW Stand - AN UMBRELLA !!!!

Cover behind the MBW Stand - AN UMBRELLA !!!!

Postby BHmfc » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Heard a rumour today that we are going to get some form of cover behind the MBW Stand in the shape of a large umbrella/umbrellas. Now i know we are desperate for cover but i hope this particular rumour is not true, we need a real cover over the middle third of the stand (if not all of the stand) rather than a cheap knee-jerk reaction to a problem we would not have had if the MBW Stand had been correctly built/designed in the first place. This posting is not a wind-up, it's what i heard, anyone else heard something similar?
BHmfc

Re: Cover behind the MBW Stand - AN UMBRELLA !!!!

Postby Christies Child » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:48 pm

BHmfc wrote:Heard a rumour today that we are going to get some form of cover behind the MBW Stand in the shape of a large umbrella/umbrellas. Now i know we are desperate for cover but i hope this particular rumour is not true, we need a real cover over the middle third of the stand (if not all of the stand) rather than a cheap knee-jerk reaction to a problem we would not have had if the MBW Stand had been correctly built/designed in the first place. This posting is not a wind-up, it's what i heard, anyone else heard something similar?

.....that's a cheap shot at the Board which is totally unfounded.

They have delivered an excellent Stadium with the money available. And I don't recall the exterior refreshment areas at CP having covered areas, particularly the North Stand!

Be thankful that you are supprting a club who financially are very, very sound. You could be supporting Stockport, then you would have something to complain about.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby BHmfc » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:15 pm

Not a cheap shot at all but a fact/view held by many many supporters both on here and in the wider domain. CC, i won't bore you to tears by raising all the issues thet have been raised on here since the Globe opened, but if you want to refresh yourself please trawl through all the old posts.
BHmfc

Postby Heysham_red » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:18 pm

Christies Child wrote:They have delivered an excellent Stadium with the money available

that's not true is it? they have delivered an excellent main stand for the money. but the other stands are poor. Hence the reason why both home and away have expressed their concerns about them.

Christies Child wrote:Be thankful that you are supprting a club who financially are very, very sound. You could be supporting Stockport, then you would have something to complain about.

Most of us are happy that we are financially sound. But some of us are slightly annoyed that the prawn sandwich brigade have benefited more from a new stadium whilst the average Joe has actually had there experience worsened. It would appear that during the design phase it wasn't important to keep us dry when we wanted food. It might not be a step back, but it also not a step forward. And they want us to pay more for the privilege.
Heysham_red

Postby broadwayshrimp » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:30 pm

Heysham_red wrote:
Christies Child wrote:They have delivered an excellent Stadium with the money available

that's not true is it? they have delivered an excellent main stand for the money. but the other stands are poor. Hence the reason why both home and away have expressed their concerns about them.

Christies Child wrote:Be thankful that you are supprting a club who financially are very, very sound. You could be supporting Stockport, then you would have something to complain about.

Most of us are happy that we are financially sound. But some of us are slightly annoyed that the prawn sandwich brigade have benefited more from a new stadium whilst the average Joe has actually had there experience worsened. It would appear that during the design phase it wasn't important to keep us dry when we wanted food. It might not be a step back, but it also not a step forward. And they want us to pay more for the privilege.

Got to agree with Heysham red
broadwayshrimp

Postby Duffman » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:52 pm

Heysham_red wrote:

The hospitality project (which was how the ground was described by a board member) is great, the stadium project has failed to live up to expectation in my opinion but what do I know? I'm just a poor person behind the goal :lol:
Duffman

Postby CASS » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:08 pm

On the night of the first ever match at the Globe stacked behind the back of the M.B.W stand where a number of what looked like BIG umbrella stands ...By the next game they had gone.
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:22 pm

Christies Child wrote:
BHmfc wrote:Heard a rumour today that we are going to get some form of cover behind the MBW Stand in the shape of a large umbrella/umbrellas. Now i know we are desperate for cover but i hope this particular rumour is not true, we need a real cover over the middle third of the stand (if not all of the stand) rather than a cheap knee-jerk reaction to a problem we would not have had if the MBW Stand had been correctly built/designed in the first place. This posting is not a wind-up, it's what i heard, anyone else heard something similar?

They have delivered an excellent Peter McGuigan Stand

Corrected. You only have to go and look at Dagenhams away end (underneath) to understand how let down we feel in the MBW.
Crooky MFC

Postby Christies Child » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:23 pm

Believe it or not, from what I hear from a few of my friends who also watch from the MBW they are more than happy with the stand. Granted it's not like CP's North Stand but that was unique for the Conference and certainly was amongst the very best in League 2.

For me it's such a pity that the colour scheme throughout the Stadium is predominately grey. Had it been the colour of the NS throughout (ie Beige), the whole ambience of The Arena would have been totally different, but that's a personal view.
Christies Child

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:28 pm

It would look more attractive if the bars were red for a start!
Crooky MFC

Postby ezz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:08 pm

We need a party atmosphere to make up/hide the poorness of the mbw stand.
Make every game like its your last :lol:

(as it may well be if your an away fan trying to exit the stadium after the game)
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Sammy h » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:22 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

They have delivered an excellent Peter McGuigan Stand

Corrected. You only have to go and look at Dagenhams away end (underneath) to understand how let down we feel in the MBW.

Their away stand is brilliant. Indoor bar etc.
Sammy h

Postby Wild Bill » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:26 pm

I like to think it is only a matter of time before the club build some sort of roof over the back of the home end. With the rush to get the ground finished they no doubt couldn't have built a roof even if they wanted to. Hopefully we will get one in the summer.

What the club could do in the short term to keep folk happy and keep the cash rolling in is sort out the catering. Still a shambles as demonstrated against Port Vale when I tried three times to get a brew at half time but couldn't be bothered due to the size of the queue and the speed at which it went down. :roll:
Wild Bill

Postby MfcChris » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:44 pm

Isn't there less catering in this ground due to there being no mobile food units?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby BHmfc » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:42 pm

Just to update CC, there is not one person i know who is happy with the MBW (myself included). Several of my friends have migrated to the seats and two more now only come to selective games. My original post was not a cheap shot at any of the board but a view i expressed to 2 board members earlier in the season. In all fairness to them, they listened to what i had to say and in the end we agreed to disagree on several points.
BHmfc

Postby Christies Child » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:19 pm

[They have delivered an excellent [b]Peter McGuigan Stand [/quote[/b]]

Corrected. You only have to go and look at Dagenhams away end (underneath) to understand how let down we feel in the MBW.[/quote]

Their away stand is brilliant. Indoor bar etc.[/quote]

That is NOT what I posted. So DON'T change it! :evil:
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:37 pm

Its tough in the PMG at the moment, peanut rationiing is kicking in, so the better than yows are also feeling the pinch, however, the pre ordering system make queueing at half time a thing off the past, so come on lesser folk, a few extra quid a week and you can feel important once a fortnight for 90 minutes, yes wow..errr i mean yeah.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Christies Child wrote:That is NOT what I posted. So DON'T change it! :evil:

What you posted simply isn't true. The corrected version is. Get over it.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:13 pm

The MBW stand is not what most expected and it's not fantastic is it?
Think most people realised that the MBW Stand was not going to be a big as the North Stand but thought they would have at least put in the effort to have a cover over the back of the stand and be able to view the mach in full in all areas of the stand regardless of your hight!
Hopefully the club can sort something out and get a proper cover for the back of the stand.
heysham_mfc

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:16 pm

WORST STADIUM EVER!! NO COVER!! NO GRAVY!!! NO PIES!!! THE PETER MCGUIGAN STAND IS TOO IMPRESSIVE!!! MY MATCHDAY EXPERIENCE IS RUINED!!! :roll: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Bare Ben

Postby Sammy h » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Bare Ben wrote:WORST STADIUM EVER!! NO COVER!! NO GRAVY!!! NO PIES!!! THE PETER MCGUIGAN STAND IS TOO IMPRESSIVE!!! MY MATCHDAY EXPERIENCE IS RUINED!!! :roll: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You may make a laugh and a joke about it, but it is true. Unless you want to miss ten minutes of the first half it is almost impossible to get something to eat at the canteen. We did have a mobile catering unit for a couple of the games if I remember rightly?

I think we do need a cover though, I am happy with anything for the time being.
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:50 am

Dagenham's stand is indeed quite impressive both inside and out, although it does go to show how big it needs to be to get the inside facilities. Morecambe fans were quite clear that they wanted a terrace, not seats. Will we ever know what we would have got had the seat vote won?

Probably Chester :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:45 am

Crooky MFC wrote:Corrected. You only have to go and look at Dagenhams away end (underneath) to understand how let down we feel in the MBW.

And Shrewsbury, and Burton.
Plain Peter

Postby Wild Bill » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:06 am

Sammy h wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:WORST STADIUM EVER!! NO COVER!! NO GRAVY!!! NO PIES!!! THE PETER MCGUIGAN STAND IS TOO IMPRESSIVE!!! MY MATCHDAY EXPERIENCE IS RUINED!!! :roll: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You may make a laugh and a joke about it, but it is true. Unless you want to miss ten minutes of the first half it is almost impossible to get something to eat at the canteen. We did have a mobile catering unit for a couple of the games if I remember rightly?

I think we do need a cover though, I am happy with anything for the time being.

Sort out a roof, sort out a couple of TVs to watch the half time results and sort out the catering and watch the moaning disapear. The MBW Stand will be ok with these realitively simple modifications.
Wild Bill

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:56 am

Peter wrote:
Crooky MFC wrote:Corrected. You only have to go and look at Dagenhams away end (underneath) to understand how let down we feel in the MBW.

And Shrewsbury, and Burton.

The Burton home and away ends each have smaller capacities than the respective home and away stands at the the Globe but they have built out at the back to provide better covered facilities. It is certainly something that could be rectified without huge cost.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion