O/T Double glazing companys

O/T Double glazing companys

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:16 am

I need the power of Sv's again to ask for peoples advice on double glazing firms.

So has anyone had double glazing fitted recently and can recommend a good and reasonable firm.
There are so many you could ring so I want to get a shortlist of half decent ones to call round for quotes.

Cheers
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Re: O/T Double glazing companys

Postby mfcbro » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:25 am

Why not try plastech one of our sponsors.I had mine fitted by them and no problems.Quite competetive pricewise as well.
mfcbro

Postby Posh » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:35 pm

With the downturn in housebuilding and the drop in disposal incomes, sad to say, but I think its curtains for most of these window companies.

PlasTech gets another vote from me.

By the way PlasTech is named after a small Welsh village of the same name between Llanllawddog and Felingwmuchaf.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christies Child » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:41 pm

Thermoshield in Milnthorpe

01539 563308

Did my place with no problems.

Not one of those 'buy 1 now, get 1 free....I say buy 1 now, get 1 free' merchants.

Trustworthy, reliable and small enough to care.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:48 pm

My mate runs Marine Windows on Morecambe prom (415457) and gives a good service and is on hand locally for any after-care.

I'd advise you get two or three round and see which one you get the best 'feel' for. If they're quoting you prices, make sure they are 'like for like' (ie they are all quoting for exactly the same quality, the same amount of windows that open and ones that don't etc).
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:05 pm

P/T Indie wrote:I need the power of Sv's again to ask for peoples advice on double glazing firms.

So has anyone had double glazing fitted recently and can recommend a good and reasonable firm.
There are so many you could ring so I want to get a shortlist of half decent ones to call round for quotes.

Cheers

Speak to Graham or Keith at Express Windows on White Lund 01524 841602. tell them i've sent you and they will charge you 2 for 1 :lol: :lol:

No seriously - worth a call ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Lloydie » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:31 pm

How much you doing to that house while your wife is away !!
Lloydie

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:57 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:I need the power of Sv's again to ask for peoples advice on double glazing firms.

Cheers

Speak to Graham or Keith at Express Windows on White Lund 01524 841602. tell them i've sent you and they will charge you 2 for 1 :lol: :lol:

No seriously - worth a call ;)

A number of people have recommended him to me.

Thanks I now seem to have a decent shortlist to work from.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Sammy h » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:24 pm

Posh wrote:With the downturn in housebuilding

Total opposite im afraid, with nobody wanting to move house alathe credit/mortgage crunch, most people seem to be taking out loans and doing up there own house rather than upgrading.
Sammy h

Postby Phoenix » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:27 pm

I'd advise you get two or three round and see which one you get the best 'feel' for

Good advice. In the end I went with Thermoshield for some new windows. They were the only ones that pointed out the new laws about escape routes and the only ones that quoted for legal windows :o
Phoenix

Postby scalehallshrimp » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:15 pm

tlc on white lund were superb
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Postby Arnside Red » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:28 pm

Carnforth windows excellent
Arnside Red

Postby skyecat » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:41 pm

we had our windows done recently by a guy who was recommended to us - a guy called Jed!
I know it sounds a bit cowboy like, but we only had his mobile number and he`s a one man band - but he didn`t ask for anything up front, came when he said he would, stayed for the length of time he said he would and finished when he said he would - and did a top job, and from what I reckon, was on the money with the price.
We had some blinds fitted afterwards and the fitter commented on what a great job the window fitter had done, no mess, tidy finishing etc - got his number if you want.
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby Posh » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:50 pm

Sammy h wrote:

Total opposite im afraid, with nobody wanting to move house alathe credit/mortgage crunch, most people seem to be taking out loans and doing up there own house rather than upgrading.

The term I used was housebuilding not house refurbishing or house improvements. By that I meant people like Taylor Wimpey, Barratt or Persimmon. I also don't believe people are getting loans to do up their houses when prices are falling - less credit, more cash.

Having said all that it was used as a means to get the words 'curtains' and 'windows' together in a pisspoor play-on-words-stylee joke. Clearly fell as flat as a Lehman Brothers graduate trainee.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby morecambe mick » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:24 am

Posh wrote:
Sammy h wrote:

The term I used was housebuilding not house refurbishing or house improvements. By that I meant people like Taylor Wimpey, Barratt or Persimmon. I also don't believe people are getting loans to do up their houses when prices are falling - less credit, more cash.

Having said all that it was used as a means to get the words 'curtains' and 'windows' together in a pisspoor play-on-words-stylee joke. Clearly fell as flat as a Lehman Brothers graduate trainee.

Come on Posh, pull yourself together ;)

:D
morecambe mick

Postby Burnleymad » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:20 am

skyecat wrote:we had our windows done recently by a guy who was recommended to us - a guy called Jed!

Was it a Scottich bloke with long hair by any chance. If it's the same guy i'm thinkning of, my dad had him round to put his front door in, and he did a great job.
Burnleymad

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:53 am

Burnleymad wrote:
skyecat wrote:we had our windows done recently by a guy who was recommended to us - a guy called Jed!

Was it a Scottich bloke with long hair by any chance. If it's the same guy i'm thinkning of, my dad had him round to put his front door in, and he did a great job.

Was this Jed a poor mountaineer who kept his family fed and then one day....... I'm off to see Ellie May :roll:

Here he is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xheGwt1r8_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEM-ZJRv ... re=related
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:01 pm

Burnleymad wrote:

Scottish bloke with long hair put my front door in once, at about 3am, did a great job of waking the kids up. He got £100 for being drunk and disorderly and I got £350 compensation, which I thought was a good price. Don't have his number though, sorry.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby outsider » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Mark S » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:28 pm

shrimper wrote:

Scottish bloke with long hair put my front door in once, at about 3am, did a great job of waking the kids up. He got £100 for being drunk and disorderly and I got £350 compensation, which I thought was a good price. Don't have his number though, sorry.

At least it wasnt your back door! :shock:

I remember that. An open and shut case. He put your windows through too. It was a real pane for you, the guy reckoned he was framed, but the Police saw through it straight away when they saw his glazed expression. Once they confronted him with the facts he was putty in their hands. A smashing result for you. The Police may have their knockers but they got a handle on your door case and closed it. The guy was clearly unhinged. Is he locked up?
Mark S

Postby Paul Mac » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:32 pm

Mark S wrote:
shrimper wrote:

At least it wasnt your back door! :shock:

I remember that. An open and shut case. He put your windows through too. It was a real pane for you, the guy reckoned he was framed, but the Police saw through it straight away when they saw his glazed expression. Once they confronted him with the facts he was putty in their hands. A smashing result for you. The Police may have their knockers but they got a handle on your door case and closed it. The guy was clearly unhinged. Is he locked up?

Kids have gone to bed and that bottle of red is well and truly open. :lol:
Beidh ár lá linn
Paul Mac

Return to General Discussion