PHIL JEVONS

PHIL JEVONS

Postby morecambewba » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:58 pm

great win today and thought morecambe players gave 100% - especially the defence.

having sat in main stand and stood behind goal i decided to try the uncovered terrace. loved it. great view and very friendly fans plus so easy to get a pie!!

only one thing ruined the day and that was a comment from Jevons to fans in that area. in the first half he shouted to a morecambe defender to f*** off twice. two mature fans near me told him to mind his language. he then replied with the same remark. as he had turned his back on the morecambe defender and was facing the crowd it was obvious who the comment was for. silence from where i was standing as i think most people were quite shocked. imagine if he had said it facing the main stand. its not as if he was getting abused - it was just a request to mind the language. now i know bad language is always around at football - though i think morecambe is one of the best behaved grounds in england - but i think he was out of order.

i hope someone from club sees this and just has a quiet word with him
morecambewba

Re: PHIL JEVONS

Postby Christies Child » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:51 pm

When somebody is putting his all into something then the odd expletive is always a possiblity. 'In the heat of the moment' for me and something that I'm sure we all would regret if it was us.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby harrys dad » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:36 am

It was more than the "odd expletive". He shouted it at least twice trying to make sure he had attracted Parrish's attention who was at least 40 yards away. Having said that, for the rest of the game one or two in that area of the crowd then moaned at him constantly all game which cannot have helped his performance.
harrys dad

Postby Westgate Wanderer » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:00 am

I was stood on the terrace exactly where he shouted the expletive, the reaction from the terrace was laughter! He didnt shout it as venomously to the crowd as he did to Parrish. I dont think anyone was offended by it. I had the pleasure of standing in the mbw end against crewe and the foul language from some of our younger supporters in the right hand side of that stand was quite disgusting! Give it a rest
Don't worry be happy!
Westgate Wanderer

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:02 am

I have also noticed Jevons is a bit of a potty mouth sometimes.
Little Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:04 am

Little Shrimp wrote:I have also noticed Jevons is a bit of a potty mouth sometimes.

No worce than others in football in general and for that matter amongst some of our fans.....including myself from time to time....as one or two opposition managers would agree...eh Adams? :oops:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby parceldave » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:17 am

Christies Child wrote:When somebody is putting his all into something then the odd expletive is always a possiblity. 'In the heat of the moment' for me and something that I'm sure we all would regret if it was us.

If thats him giving his all i wouldn't want to see him when he's having an off day. I thought Spencer was playing as a lone striker today with hardly any support from Jevo who didn't look happy all day. :roll:
parceldave

Postby jonnythedog » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:43 am

parceldave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:When somebody is putting his all into something then the odd expletive is always a possiblity. 'In the heat of the moment' for me and something that I'm sure we all would regret if it was us.

If thats him giving his all i wouldn't want to see him when he's having an off day. I thought Spencer was playing as a lone striker today with hardly any support from Jevo who didn't look happy all day. :roll:

I agree with you there. He did look very frustrated all afternoon, as did Wilson. It's a shame with Wilson, I thought that every time he got the ball he inevitably did something good with it.
jonnythedog

Postby George Dawes » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:21 pm

If thats him giving his all i wouldn't want to see him when he's having an off day. I thought Spencer was playing as a lone striker today with hardly any support from Jevo who didn't look happy all day.

am always on Jevons's case at the best of times for going AWOL ingame but yesterday some of the good positions he took and the space he made for himself if his team mates could have picked him out Jevons yesterday could easly have had a hatrick

and talking of bad language the worst player i have seen is L Wilson at CP from when i use to go in the carwash end and you only have to look at his record with bookings and decent for mouthing off at the ref

it must be a scouce scally lar thing at the club :lol:
George Dawes

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:28 pm

Jevons was playing in a slightly wider position yesterday, supporting the wingers. This allowed Spencer to run straight into the box and cause trouble. I think that Jevons and Spencer make a good combination.
Little Shrimp

Postby Sharpy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:54 pm

this "heat of the moment" is a crap excuse CC.
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby the pieman » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:00 pm

bad language at a football match?? shock horror!
the pieman

Postby outsider » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:13 pm

the pieman wrote:bad language at a football match?? shock horror!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Didn't we have the same thing with Arts ?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:45 pm

It's a football match for god sake! If you can't handle a bit of mild swearing then don't go.
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:02 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:It's a football match for god sake! If you can't handle a bit of mild swearing then don't go.

I don't think F****** C*** T*** B****** counts as mild

F C T B doesn't stand for Father Christmas' Tree Broke either! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:21 pm

He could have shouted this and no one would have known better

Casse-toi

Ferme la bouche

Il est stupide

T'as une tête a faire sauter les plaques d'egouts

Va te faire foutre, enculé