Globe Arena Parking

Globe Arena Parking

Postby Traveling Valiant » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:18 am

Greetings Shrimps, Vale fan here with a question or two regarding your new stadium, firstly what parking facilities are there for away fans? I've had a look around various websites but can find very little info relating to it, looking forward to visiting to your new ground next month (visited your old ground twice).
Secondly, what are your thoughts regarding your new stadium, has it met with your approval or are there supporters who miss the old ground, oh.. is the old ground still there or has it been demolished?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

cheers... :)
Traveling Valiant

Re: Globe Arena Parking

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:30 am

Hi theres lots of parking spaces at the ground and surrounding streets so you shouln't have any problems.

As for being happy with the new ground well it's been mixed reactions to be honest take a look at the photo's on www.globearena.co.uk

The old ground well it was gone within a couple of weeks of the last game it's now a Sainsbury's.

Hope this has helped.
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:38 am

On street parking close to the Arena is NOT recommended. There is a car park that is signed as you approach the Arena BUT you have to look out for it as it is opposite to the actual road you use to gain access to the school that is used as the car park. The Arena car park can't be used by visitors other than by permission from the club.

The Arena has pleased the vast majority of supporters who realise that the survival of the club depended on it becoming a facility that had a 7 day usage that would generate funds. Some fans miss the old stadium saying that the facilities are not as good but any new venture has initial teething problems.

The old and much loved stadium has vanished and has been developed by Sainsburys into a huge store that opens next Wednseday the 17th well ahead of schedule I understand.

The Globe Arena is in many ways an updated version of Christie Park and has its own unique ambience. In no way can it be compared to other 'lego type' stadia, thank goodness.

Love it or hate it, the fans of MFC remain the same and that is to our credit.

Enjoy your day but not the result.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:40 am

Do we not let away fans use the car park? No wonder it's never full!
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:46 am

heysham_mfc wrote:Do we not let away fans use the car park? No wonder it's never full!

Away coaches only... :?: :?: :?:

Car Park Yellow is always full.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby MfcChris » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:55 am

Plenty of free street parking about which is what is great here. Till they make them resisdent parking in the future like everything is!!

I wouldn't pay for a car park. When I visit away grounds, other message boards are very helpful in advising us of free legal street parking near the grounds. We are all saving pennies.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby outsider » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:27 pm

The caravan park over the road allow you to park there, I think its £3 but you can use there bar and get food there, as you are not allowed in our bar and grill. Which is a shame. I like coming to your place and that nice little cafe on the corner ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:08 pm

outsider wrote:The caravan park over the road allow you to park there, I think its £3 but you can use there bar and get food there,

I might be wrong here, but I think Outsider is referring to the Caravan Park at the bottom of Regent Road Bridge. (Turn right out of the Arena, and it is on your left hand side at the bottom of the said bridge just before you go over it)

Last time I noticed, the Caravan Park literally over the road from The Globe had a big sign up in a prominent position saying "STRICTLY NO FOOTBALL PARKING". Correct me if I am wrong though and it has changed. Would hate for our Vale mate to get a parking ticket.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:16 pm

How is Yatesy doing for you guys anyway, Valiant ?
Seasider9601

Postby outsider » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:26 pm

You are correct it is The Regent Caravan Park, And It Is £3
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Shrimpman » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:44 pm

Christies Child wrote:On street parking close to the Arena is NOT recommended. There is a car park that is signed as you approach the Arena BUT you have to look out for it as it is opposite to the actual road you use to gain access to the school that is used as the car park. The Arena car park can't be used by visitors other than by permission from the club.

The Arena has pleased the vast majority of supporters who realise that the survival of the club depended on it becoming a facility that had a 7 day usage that would generate funds. Some fans miss the old stadium saying that the facilities are not as good but any new venture has initial teething problems.

The old and much loved stadium has vanished and has been developed by Sainsburys into a huge store that opens next Wednseday the 17th well ahead of schedule I understand.

The Globe Arena is in many ways an updated version of Christie Park and has its own unique ambience. In no way can it be compared to other 'lego type' stadia, thank goodness.

Love it or hate it, the fans of MFC remain the same and that is to our credit.

Enjoy your day but not the result.

who says its not recommended??
Sainsburys opening date was always mid November
Shrimpman

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:51 pm

Shrimpman wrote:who says its not recommended??

Because I have it on good authority that a lot of the residents on the stretch of the road between Lidl and The Globe move their cars off their drives and put them on the roadside to prevent people parking there. And, I also believe they have been known to "box in" cars too.
Seasider9601

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:14 pm

what, they park on the road outsde their own homes, how very dare they :lol:

the church car park is always empty, the mitchell has a large car park.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby P/T Indie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:08 pm

Loads of parking if you know where to go but for easy directions I would say drive past the ground, over the bridge and then turn first left or right onto the side roads and plenty of space.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Traveling Valiant » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:28 am

Seasider9601 wrote:How is Yatesy doing for you guys anyway, Valiant ?

I like Yatesy, he's a good solid reliable player, although I wasn't really impressed when he first joined, that said said I wasn't impressed with the Vale as a whole, we were unbelievably poor but we've slowly improved and so has Yatesy and I'm a lot happier when he's in the side, definitely an important part of our squad now. He was signed as Micky Adams took over but not actually signed by him so we were a little apprehensive but it's turned out well. :D
How was he as a Morecambe player?

Thanks to all you chaps for your advice on parking too.... much appreciated, I'm actually staying over on the Saturday night so I could walk to the game (about 35mins I think) but no doubt it'll be very cold n wet so I thought I'd look at the lazy option and drive, plus my wife probably would appreciate the walk if the weather is bad!.
Traveling Valiant

Postby Arfur Towcrate » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:09 am

Key question - Is the chip shop still open next to the old ground?
Arfur Towcrate

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 am

Arfur Towcrate wrote:Key question - Is the chip shop still open next to the old ground?

Was last night
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mfcbro » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:00 pm

Yes the chippie is still open but chippie on albert road is probably nearer.Same ownership about 5 min walk from the ground.I can recommend the fish,its superb.
mfcbro

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:32 pm

mfcbro wrote:Yes the chippie is still open but chippie on albert road is probably nearer.Same ownership about 5 min walk from the ground.I can recommend the fish,its superb.

Not as good as Tarnbrook Chippy at bottom of Sugham Lane, and that's not too far from the Globe.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:59 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:
mfcbro wrote:Yes the chippie is still open but chippie on albert road is probably nearer.Same ownership about 5 min walk from the ground.I can recommend the fish,its superb.

Not as good as Tarnbrook Chippy at bottom of Sugham Lane, and that's not too far from the Globe.

Oh yes it is :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Traveling Valiant » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:06 am

Well, see you guys later, lets hope hope for a good game of football and may the best team win! :D

Oh what's the weather like up there?
Traveling Valiant

Postby parceldave » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:17 am

Traveling Valiant wrote:Well, see you guys later, lets hope hope for a good game of football and may the best team win! :D

Oh what's the weather like up there?

Plenty of blue sky and we always bring you Sunshine. ;)
parceldave

Return to General Discussion