Want part of Morecambe's History - auction closing soon

Want part of Morecambe's History - auction closing soon

Postby nobbyshrimp » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:35 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DARTFORD-v-MORECA ... 286.c0.m14
Anyone want a piece of Morecambes history, maybe have it to go with the more recent visit we had or add it to our next visit ;) Can't believe this only has 1 bid into its last day. Was temptied myself :!:
nobbyshrimp

Re: Want part of Morecambe's History - auction closing soon

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:37 pm

I have one of these in perfect condition, make me an offer as it's just collecting dust :o
HALMA 1983

Postby Keith » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:47 pm

I lost my original one. When I was in London with my wife, visiting Mr Posh, when he was still Posh, we went to a market. A second hand books stall had a box of programmes. As I flicked through, there was a perfect condition Morecambe v Dartford prog!

An inflation busting £2! :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby slackAlice » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:37 am

Already got mine , went to the match and would NEVER sell a programme. Priceless !

But I collect programmes - once swapped my entire Beer Mat collection for ONE footy programme ,[the Man U Vs Benfica Euro cup final] , I've already got Morecambe 1st League season [Home /Away Cups/League] complete set in Excellent condition but would never sell.
slackAlice

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:01 am

I am going to sort out my programs this weekend so if anyone has misses any I might have some spare
heysham_mfc

Postby mounse mk2 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:46 pm

Whilst on the subject of programmes. Whilst trying to get rid of a load of crap sorry clear the spare room. I stumbled along a load of programmes that my Dad gave me.

Are any programmes any worth at all? Not that i'm trying to flog them for any money, just interested.

They are mainly FA Cup final programmes from the 70's & early 80's, with afew England internationals from around the same time.

The 1974 programme was 15p and the '81 was 80p. Bloody inflation.
When i look deep in your eyes
I swear i can see your soul
mounse mk2

Postby slackAlice » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:00 pm

mounse mk2 wrote:Are any programmes any worth at all? Not that i'm trying to flog them for any money, just interested.

They are mainly FA Cup final programmes from the 70's & early 80's, with afew England internationals from around the same time.

There are a number of websites that specialize in selling football programmes and the following website :http://www.footballprogrammes.com/index.htm should give you an approximate value for the FA cup finals and big games. The other place you find them for sale is EBAY, but I wouldn't sell any of mine. The most valuable I've got thus far is the Celtic Vs Inter Milan European cup final [Lisbon Lions] 1967 ; mines an original in excellent condition and could be worth £200 - £250. But I've hundreds of programmes from all sorts of clubs , countries, competitions and havn't valued them all. But the last time I went through the ones I thought might be worth something like Man U's European cup win in the 60's Ive got every round and various others I soon totted up £2k.
So there worth keeping / collecting as an investment I suppose - i'd hope to pass mine on to my son when I kick the bucket - but he'll probably sell them in a flash ? :lol: Although he's getting into the collecting a bit himself now. I get the feeling that Morecambe's 1st full league seasons programmes will be valuable many years from now, they were'nt that difficult to get; of the handful of matches I didn't go too I'd ask people to get me a programme or pick one up in the club shop.
slackAlice

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:37 am

slackAlice wrote:Already got mine , went to the match and would NEVER sell a programme. Priceless !

But I collect programmes - once swapped my entire Beer Mat collection for ONE footy programme ,[the Man U Vs Benfica Euro cup final] , I've already got Morecambe 1st League season [Home /Away Cups/League] complete set in Excellent condition but would never sell.

:lol: :lol: I don't care if i don't see the game aslong as i get my programme.
Sammy h

Postby slackAlice » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:46 am

I don't care if i don't see the game aslong as i get my programme.

sammy h must be westgate shrimp then.

Thats right - its the worst feeling in the world when I've gone to a match and not been able to get a programme - its only happened a couple of times but its heartbreaking. I have to admit I'm a bit obsessed about the programmes , but I can't help myself.

At MK Dons I got me programme , but didn't see much of the game because I was 'mashed', surprised they let me in to be honest :o . I also got a ball that was kicked into our end , but the stewards confiscated it , but thats another story. :geek:
slackAlice

Postby Sammy h » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:49 am

Ohh, have you revealed my true identity? :lol:
Sammy h

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:58 pm

mounse mk2 wrote:Whilst on the subject of programmes. Whilst trying to get rid of a load of crap sorry clear the spare room. I stumbled along a load of programmes that my Dad gave me.

Are any programmes any worth at all? Not that i'm trying to flog them for any money, just interested.

I have the 1974 programme in front of me (Paid £7 on EBay for it as my original got lost) and it was 10 pence , not 15 pence.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby slackAlice » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:08 pm

You can pick up the odd slack handful of footy programmes at Car Boot sales if your prepared to root through all the crap. I bet a lot of quite valuable programmes are sat in garages , lofts and people say to me "I've just thrown a load of football programmes away, I didn't know you collected them". I havn't been to a car boot for a while but you nearly always come across programmes - incidently its not a good idea to write on them neither i.e. scorers , result it devalues them.
slackAlice

Postby Why no t » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:41 pm

The 74 programme is on eBay all the time. You can usually pick one up for 3 or 4 pounds. Or even less if your lucky. Most of the time they go through without a bid.
Life without football is.......
Why no t

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:17 pm

found a few man utd programs today some nice pics of Sammy in them as well might get him to sign a few
heysham_mfc

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:39 pm

blueisthecolour wrote:Amazing how many of you "true" fans have "lost" your 74 trophy final prog isn't it?

Actually being there was the most important thing, buying the programme was a bonus, still got mine but then again programmes were never my thing,
does this make you any lesser a 'True fan'? :roll:
HALMA 1983

Return to General Discussion