Completley and utterly lost the faith.

Re: Completley and utterly lost the faith.

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:21 pm

I agree with you CC, some more communication from the club would be most welcome because at the moment I don't have the confidence that anything is going to be done about any of the problems. Has there been anything in the programme?
Morecambe Jack

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:25 pm

I don't think catering really matters in this discussion.
If an hitherto loyal supporter said to me "I ain't going again coz the pies are crap!", then he isn't really a loyal supporter!
But yeah, as an exile, and not knowing what's going on at the coal-face, other than comments on SV, silence certainly doesn't appear to be golden at the moment :cry:
Plain Peter

Postby halftimeresults » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:38 pm

keepthefaith wrote:The whole point of supporting a club is to follow and support them through the good times and the bad. We, as Morecambe fans have been well and truly spoilt this last 10 years or so.
If you are happy to be here to celebrate all the good times we have, then it is a pretty pathectic attitude to have to throw your toys out of the pram when we have a bit of bad fortune.
See you when we go on a winning streak then you glory hunter ;)

iI have lost the faith and I hate myself for that but thats the way it is.
I still go every week because thats what I do, I have done it for the last 20 years but the club is slowly losing me.
Its alright for you to say if you dont like it dont come but if the club starts losing die hards, we are in trouble.
I can take losing, I have seen us lose 100s of games.
halftimeresults

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:09 pm

I too go every week. Always have done and always will do. Always have done and always will support the team - through thick AND through thin. That is what supporters do.

Pains me to say it though, am I enjoying this new Globe experience (actually, I hate that corporate word "experience" !!!) ?? No. I'm not. The Globe is wonderful in every aspect. But.

Something somewhere is sadly lacking though and matchdays aren't the same post Christie.

I wouldn't even dream about NOT going though and not supporting my team, I will always give them my support. However, standing in the MBW sometimes feels like we are stood in some desolate away end somewhere. And it's not nice.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby keepthefaith » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:23 pm

Apologies if my post offended people (lets put it down to a bad day in the office)
I just can't get my head around the frustrations sometimes.
Over the years we have endured some crap, numerous games under Harvey we were winning 3-0 only to see us lose 4-3 to name but a time.
The Club in the last 5 years especially, for me as a fan has exceeded every expectation I had. All those years in the Conference, visiting some complete dumps, with our absolute dream of achieving League Football - which Sammy gets us at his first full attempt. Then follows the Carling Cup run in our first season, plus many other highs such as beating Peterborough, the Crewe result, Bournemouth at home - again to name but a few.
The board put together a fantastic plan for our new home, and financial stability for years to come, so that we can stand (or sit for some of you richer than myself :D ) there at The Globe and watch the team we love.
I know some people have some frustration at the design of the stadium, and I hope that the club are working their damned hardest to try and put some of those things right. But sometimes on that terrace, I look across to the PMG Stand and I think to myself "that is the reason my club will be here in many years to come" because I am sure that the football aspect of Morecambe FC is not enough to keep us secure.
Now I trust the people in charge to do their jobs, and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that everyone at the club (SM included) do their absolute best for all of us, and every decision they make ultimately is for all of us as fans.

The club, Sammy, Mark, Jim and the team, I'm sure need our support more than anything at this moment in time, This is where we all need to come together - not push others away. Morecambe Fc has gone through a massive change these last few months, and it was always going to take time for us all to adapt, and call it home - I don't think anyone thought it would be easy. But it is now our home.
Instead of the constant sniping, calling for managerial heads and so on, lets pull together as the family we are best known as, lets turn The Globe into the fortress that Christie once was, lets make teams scared to come here and play us.
But most of all lets trust the people who have brought us so far from what we once were (SM included on the football side of things), to make the important decisions, an to make them right.
keepthefaith

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:25 pm

Pains me to say it though, am I enjoying this new Globe experience (actually, I hate that corporate word "experience" !!!) ?? No. I'm not. The Globe is wonderful in every aspect. But.

Something somewhere is sadly lacking though and matchdays aren't the same post Christie.

I wouldn't even dream about NOT going though and not supporting my team, I will always give them my support. However, standing in the MBW sometimes feels like we are stood in some desolate away end somewhere. And it's not nice.[/quote]

Well put

The thing is I keep trying to convince myself is it just we need to give it more time to get used to the place. Christie park although getting old was like a comfy pair of slippers and everyone had a routine there and we all miss it, it will probably take years and years for this to happen and for the Globe to become "home".

It still feels weird turning down Wetgate to go to games instead of Lancaster Rd I just can't get used to it but I am sure it will eventually become more natural.

But just when I keep thinking maybe I just need to give it more time I read on here more and more people are feeling the same which makes me think there is more to it. We all know the faults at the Globe and I have tried to get used to them and find ways round them like trying new places to stand, avoid the catering etc but whatever I try it doesn’t get any more enjoyable.

Also I then speak to my stepbrother who is a season ticket holder at Chesterfield who just raves about their new ground and everything about it and he just can’t enough of it he doesn’t miss Saltergate one bit. I know that place was dump but still to their fans they would have an emotional attachment but they don’t seem to be looking back wishing they were still there like we are with Christie.
They seem to have adjusted without any problems to their new matchday experience/atmosphere and I haven’t heard one complaint. I know been top of the league helps provide a feel good factor but I haven’t heard any complaints about their off field experiences.

Their move really seems to have rejuvenated the whole town the teams playing better, attendances are massively up etc apart from a few moaners who think they should be 10 points clear at the top, where as our move just seems to be a huge anti climax.

I think the Globe’s biggest problem and it one big reason I am not enjoying going is the way the club has gone from been a friendly, family club to just been money mad. I know getting the income in is important but it’s so blatant now as it’s all we hear about it’s like the club is on a hard sell at every opportunity. The corporate facilities have ripped the heart and soul out of the club creating a them and us feeling and due to the lack of communication it is like they are all happy in the corporate facilities and the poor moaners in the rest of the ground will just have to lump it.

Maybe that is the price you pay for progress the higher up the leagues you go, I suppose if you went to a Premiership game that’s how it is at every club and maybe some of us let the memories of the non league days of non segregation, away fans in JB’s etc blur our vision somewhat.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby chipbuns » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:18 pm

Completely agree with everything that has been said there by P/T Indie.

I am still struggling to get used to it all, especially with the MBW stand as stated before. The first game I stood in it as soon as I was walking on the front bit, I felt immediately that it was something that would suit teams more like a smaller conference club or a village team.

I'm still stuck into thinking that I will be walking in front of a kop-like North Terrace like at Christie. I really do think that they should have done their up most to get that at the globe, then I'd be more impressed with it all. But because it hasn't happened, I'm still very disappointed with it. To be honest, I think the MBW is terrible.

Strangely, it felt abit like that small stand that used to be at the Vale of Lune at first to me. :?
chipbuns

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:20 pm

Its not just with Morecambe. Its with ALL of football. I said that in my first post.

And how the hell can you be a glory hunter when you support Morecambe? :?
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby parkyboy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:27 pm

MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL are the words of a song and that is what is happening at The Globe this season . There are two many moaners wek after week and just waiting for a chance to spit the dummy out .Alright things may not be as everyone would like but changes cost money and if people stop supporting the money will be scarcer and the changes that are needed wont happen. The club officials are just as much aware of what the problems are but need time and money to do it .So calm down keep supporting cos the club will turn the corner and nake the changes to the ground that are needed. The playing side seems to be blowing hot and cold a lot of it due to injuries and suspensions but it will get sorted out .this i am confident will happen .
parkyboy

Postby Moose » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:49 pm

parkyboy wrote:
The club officials are just as much aware of what the problems are but need time and money to do it

Go on.... to do what? :?
Moose

Postby parkyboy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:05 pm

All the things that are constantly being put on sv
parkyboy

Postby George Dawes » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:08 pm

parkyboy wrote:All the things that are constantly being put on sv

yeah there's about and no exaggeration about 10 threads on the same subject
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:44 pm

Then let's hear an official statement that recognises that fact and a plan for what is going to be done. Even if it is a three or four year plan, at least then fans would know something was being done and they were being listened to.

Peter wrote:I don't think catering really matters in this discussion.
If an hitherto loyal supporter said to me "I ain't going again coz the pies are crap!", then he isn't really a loyal supporter!

I would agree with you, if that was the only reason. But it is a symptom, an example. I've said many times that I couldn't understand why people moan about food at football, surely you can just eat before you go? Well, as I mentioned, I just do exactly that now. I had one match where I queued but gave up because I didn't get served in time, then one occasion where I threw half the pie away because it was inedible. Best Pies in Football to Kentucky Fried Chicken in the matter of a few months. I didn't go in the bar after the game on Saturday either. Its was all part of the 'match-day experience'.

P/T Indie wrote:I think the Globe’s biggest problem and it one big reason I am not enjoying going is the way the club has gone from been a friendly, family club to just been money mad. I know getting the income in is important but it’s so blatant now as it’s all we hear about it’s like the club is on a hard sell at every opportunity. The corporate facilities have ripped the heart and soul out of the club creating a them and us feeling and due to the lack of communication it is like they are all happy in the corporate facilities and the poor moaners in the rest of the ground will just have to lump it.

Exactly. Its almost because the PMG stand is so much better than the rest of the ground that it reinforces that gulf between the have's and have not's. And the PMG Stand is awesome without a doubt.

I'm sure a better experience on the pitch would help too but that is far from being the main reason.

I know that officials read this forum regularly and I REALLY KNOW they care. I just wish that something would be done to acknowledge the problems.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:24 pm

Keith wrote:

Then let's hear an official statement that recognises that fact and a plan for what is going to be done. Even if it is a three or four year plan, at least then fans would know something was being done and they were being listened to.

Can we make a list?
heysham_mfc

Postby Globearena » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:33 pm

Well we love the main stand but sadly we have to agree the lack of atmosphere in the MBW stand cos its not the North stand at Christie lests face it !!The young lads at the rear of the stand always do their best to get the crowd going but you are fighting a losing battle at the moment!! !!
Watched Morecambe for 30 years but losing the faith too...but saving money!! ;) £50 each time we dont go!! ... thinking of opening an isa with the money Im saving!!
Bring back Val and Michelle !sadly missed :roll: :cry:
Globearena

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:18 pm

When I saw last post by "Globearena", I thought we were about to get some sort of notification of something then !!!! :?
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:08 pm

Yeah, so did I. Strange name to go for when you don't like it
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Globearena » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:10 am

i picked the name globearena before we moved in. i just think if you take the main stand away the rest of the ground is not much better than the old ground.myself and my wife have worked it out if we dont go to anymore home games we would be 800 pounds in pocket, it would pay for a nice little holiday in spain.
Globearena

Postby Christies Child » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:25 am

Globearena wrote:i picked the name globearena before we moved in. i just think if you take the main stand away the rest of the ground is not much better than the old ground.myself and my wife have worked it out if we dont go to anymore home games we would be 800 pounds in pocket, it would pay for a nice little holiday in spain.

Ahhhhh...but then you would miss all the excitement...... :?: :?: :?:

;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:31 pm

Turns out it was just one of those spur of the moment things.
Thing that twisted it for me was just the club, its weird. Everytime Morecambe were mentioned it really made me want to get behind Sammy. Guess thats what 10 years of being a fan does for you.
Sorry if this thread upset or offended anyone. I really am. It was just me being het-up over whats happening at the moment and i got carried away. Again, sorry. :(
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby alwaysright » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:58 pm

Typical !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alwaysright

Postby Christies Child » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:34 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Turns out it was just one of those spur of the moment things.
Thing that twisted it for me was just the club, its weird. Everytime Morecambe were mentioned it really made me want to get behind Sammy. Guess thats what 10 years of being a fan does for you.
Sorry if this thread upset or offended anyone. I really am. It was just me being het-up over whats happening at the moment and i got carried away. Again, sorry. :(

Put it down to the crap weather...... ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Previous

Return to General Discussion