League 2 standard players

Re: League 2 standard players

Postby Posh » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:25 am

Sammy h wrote:Oh yes you have got it. Omg I can't believe it. You have solved the problem of why we are doing so crap. Genius. Both of you. The reason we are losing is due to the away dressing room being nice and the facilities being better than CP. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Simple question. Did you ever go in the away dressing room at Christie Park? Imagine 16 players in a phone booth with a shower attached and mucky floors and you wouldn't be far off. As soon as I saw them I knew why Sol Campbell jacked in Notts County.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:37 am

How menacing did that Grant Holt (and others) look yesterday for Norwich?
Make all the players:
Grow their hair
Cultivate thick mushtaches
Not shave for a few days (or since the last win) :lol:
Wear long sleeve red shirts with a round white collar and white cuffs.
And turn the players into nasty, win (fairly) at all cost animals :shock:
Plain Peter

Postby Sammy h » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:49 pm

Posh wrote:
Sammy h wrote:Oh yes you have got it. Omg I can't believe it. You have solved the problem of why we are doing so crap. Genius. Both of you. The reason we are losing is due to the away dressing room being nice and the facilities being better than CP. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Simple question. Did you ever go in the away dressing room at Christie Park? Imagine 16 players in a phone booth with a shower attached and mucky floors and you wouldn't be far off. As soon as I saw them I knew why Sol Campbell jacked in Notts County.

Simple answer - I have yes, I am quite sure that the players having better dressing rooms is not the reason behind our terrible start to the season.

In a way I can see where you are coming from, but some of these excuses by the fans are getting weak now.

When I go and watch Morecambe, I want to see every single player working their socks off for the club, I want to see them going that extra yard to track back, busting a gut when a cross is going in the box and I want to see determination when a player loses the ball to win it back. At the moment there is none of this.

From what I can see the players aren't arsed, they are happy to go home after the game on a Saturday and hit the town and get pissed. When I lose a game of football I am absolutely gutted, it makes me mad and makes me want to play again straight away. Maybe I am being silly here, I don't know.

Surely nobody likes to lose? I want to see the manager on the touchline screaming and barking orders at his players. I don't want to see him on his arse for 90 minutes.

Lets have some passion and look like we want to win the bloody football game, cos at the moment, I can see none of the above.

RANT OVER.
Sammy h

Postby parkyboy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:56 pm

Ithink you were at the wrong game on saturday if you did not see most of the players chasing back they just werent quick enough 1st half
parkyboy

Postby parceldave » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:10 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:like everyone on here it is a personal opinion.

the statement was about which players are league standard or even better , not who gives 100%. I would like to think that they all give that.

Well if they gave 100 % maybe we wouldn't be at the wrong end of the table , after some of the performances this season i would say Gary Hunter( who gets played anywhere) is in a very small group of players that are anything like League 2 players . If you watch a replay of the game on Saturday with your eyes open , just count the number of tackles Gary puts in and the number of successful passes he completes compared to the rest (even Stanners sideways passes) and you might know what i mean . ;)
parceldave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:39 pm

parceldave wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:like everyone on here it is a personal opinion.

the statement was about which players are league standard or even better , not who gives 100%. I would like to think that they all give that.

Well if they gave 100 % maybe we wouldn't be at the wrong end of the table , after some of the performances this season i would say Gary Hunter( who gets played anywhere) is in a very small group of players that are anything like League 2 players . If you watch a replay of the game on Saturday with your eyes open , just count the number of tackles Gary puts in and the number of successful passes he completes compared to the rest (even Stanners sideways passes) and you might know what i mean . ;)

I always watch with my eyes open. Our outstanding players on Saturday IMHO were Barry Roche and Stanners. They stood out. I have no doubt the players we have give 100%. We have no Alan Morgans or Shellys now!
It is a fact that however good a squad of players you have , a couple of problem positions can undo all the good work. IMHO we need a fast deadly striker and a pacy winger to get behind defences. I would move Parrish to right back and assuming Charnock signs on and then let McReady , Haining(if he stays!) Bentley and Charnock compete for the centre back positions.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Previous

Return to General Discussion