NOW

Re: NOW

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:47 am

Sammy h wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Sammy h wrote:At the end of the day football is a results business. The league table does not lie. I don't give a monkeys if Sir Mcilroy got us into the league, that was ages ago. We are losing and not getting the results.

Someone let me know when Dave Penney has arrived.

is that the same Dave Penny that failed at Darlington and Oldham.

The only realistic option as a manager signed a 5 year contract at the Crown Ground !

The same one that took Doncaster through the leagues.

And its the same Sammy McIlroy who took little Macclesfield through the same leagues as Dave Penny took a much better financed Doncaster Rovers. Then Sammy McIlroy took Morecambe up to the league and each season the league position or points have improved.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:50 am

Results business. We are not getting the results. Unless the board want to be in the conference then he will be gone soon.

I doubt the prawn sandwich brigade will be buying corporate boxes to watch us entertain Bath City.

Only a matter of time, it wouldn't surprise me if he just walked. He's already done it once this season.
Sammy h

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:56 am

Yeah, NOW :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby bigreddog » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:20 pm

Like many others I'm very disapointed with the way things have gone this season, and I am one of the people who has said we've got one of our best squads, turns out that football isn't played on paper though, it's played on grass.

sometimes I listen to sammy and it's apparent that we've been watching different games, but then what would I know, he can just show me his winners medals and international caps and tell me to shut it.

I do think some of our signings haven't done the business, but I wouldn't dream of saying which ones as that would be disrespectful.

we're in our fourth season, we've been 11th, 11th and 4th. maybe, just maybe we're having the season we all suspected we would in our first season. the solution for a team at the wrong end of the table is rarely to change the manager (unless you can attract Harry Redknapp of course). I know it's frustrating for everybody, including Sammy I would imagine, and if he ever did leave he should leave with our thanks and applause ringing in his ears for what he's achieved for us.

in the mean time, we hold our nerve.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby marky » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:32 pm

Our second season was the one where we struggled somewhat. Let's not forget that all the teams with point deductions would have finished above us with a level playing field so I still prefer to look at that as a 14th place finish. Before we went on the 7 match winning run (at this time of the season), we had be drawing an awful lot of games. This year, we're losing an awful lot and that is the main difference I feel. Our forward line is having major scoring issues, another big difference. The Hereford match should, in my view, be seen as all or nothing, both for the team and Sammy McIlroy. If we have genuine ambitions of climbing up the table, then we have to beat poor sides like Hereford. If we don't beat the team the league table suggests is currently the worst, then in my view you bite the bullet and give someone new plenty of time to turn things around. My gut feeling is we could lose 6-0 at Hereford and Sammy would still be in charge.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby George Dawes » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:42 pm

i think he would probably do what he did after the Torquay game and offer his resignation so then the ball is in the boardroom
George Dawes

Postby james456 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:36 pm

bigreddog wrote:Like many others I'm very disapointed with the way things have gone this season, and I am one of the people who has said we've got one of our best squads, turns out that football isn't played on paper though, it's played on grass.

sometimes I listen to sammy and it's apparent that we've been watching different games, but then what would I know, he can just show me his winners medals and international caps and tell me to shut it.

I do think some of our signings haven't done the business, but I wouldn't dream of saying which ones as that would be disrespectful.

we're in our fourth season, we've been 11th, 11th and 4th. maybe, just maybe we're having the season we all suspected we would in our first season. the solution for a team at the wrong end of the table is rarely to change the manager (unless you can attract Harry Redknapp of course). I know it's frustrating for everybody, including Sammy I would imagine, and if he ever did leave he should leave with our thanks and applause ringing in his ears for what he's achieved for us.

Well said
james456

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:43 pm

What concerns me with this Hereford game, if it goes ahead, is that the oppositionwill see us as an opportunity to swapplaces with. As has been pointed out by most people and not just those who post on here is that as many chances as we create, we just ain't got that killer instinct in front of goal.

Hereford drew with Lincoln last week, something we couldn't manage, so anyone who thinks they will just leave the 3 points at the turnstile for us is very much mistaken.

IMO these upcoming away games to the so called weaker teams around us are ones we don't want to be losing points to.

We seem to be concentrating on a defensive merry go round when really its the business end that has taken second fiddle :(
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:47 pm

It's getting difficult to keep the faith in Sammy now Hefeford is a massive game now if we lose that then questions ae going to be asked.
heysham_mfc

Postby ellandback » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:01 am

shrimpnsave wrote:sammy out............sammy out..........

You bring in some players that arnt has good as the ones YOU released???????????????

had your chance and now time to go

fed up with the (strongest team ever) Scenario

look at the results eh.....................

Well, seems everbody can see the failings in the team but SM ,when he took Mcreedy off supposedly for lack of pace against Donaldson, had we not as most supporters already considered before the game started to put parrish on donaldson. It still rankles a goalkepper as captain try as he did to shout to players Bazzer is not going to make himself heard from the goal area. Probably time for a new management team ,Lilis and Bentley would be a supporters dream but untried but hey look what were producing at the moment supposedly with our best squad according to Sammy Mac. Maybe a vote of confidence by the board will be next ,,but the confidence is quickly ebbing away.
ellandback

Postby marky » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:21 am

ellandback wrote:Lilis and Bentley would be a supporters dream

And would probably be unsuccessful. Lillis is a number 2 and Jim definitely isn't ready for management. Personally, I think it would need to be an outsider who would come to the club with no preconceptions about the players and would hopefully judge them all on merit.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:51 am

marky wrote:
ellandback wrote:Lilis and Bentley would be a supporters dream

And would probably be unsuccessful. Lillis is a number 2 and Jim definitely isn't ready for management. Personally, I think it would need to be an outsider who would come to the club with no preconceptions about the players and would hopefully judge them all on merit.

IF the Board decide that the present management team have taken us as far as they can, then I originally thought that maybe Jimbo was the ideal replacement. However I'm now of the opinion that Jimbo would be better (initially) as the clubs new No2 under the direction of a seasoned manager who has had experience of managing in the League.

For example, Neil McDonald the former Carlisle manager and current No2 at Blackburn would fit the bill in that he's experienced at this level; has contacts in the game and the time could be right for him to be looking to take up a managerial role again.

There are other experienced managers out of work but why? Probably because they have failed at their previous club?

I wouldn't be in favour of a player manager, not at this level. As for an older player looking to become a manager? A high risk alternative given the possible position the club could find itself in.

One thing almost guaranteed is that when a manager is under fire then very few survive in taking their club forward. Sir Alex is the exception but there are very few!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:59 am

Jim has not got enough experience to be manager in an ideal world if Sammy did go i'd have Jin as no2 with a manager from outside the club coming in although the promlem there is a new manager will have his own ideas and may want to bring his own staff in.
heysham_mfc

Postby keepthefaith » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:01 am

bigreddog wrote:Like many others I'm very disapointed with the way things have gone this season, and I am one of the people who has said we've got one of our best squads, turns out that football isn't played on paper though, it's played on grass.

Completely and utterly agree with everything.
Anyone who thinks getting rid of Sammy will drastically improve things is wrong.
When do the 11 men on the field start taking some of the blame? Yes Sammy picks the 11, but there is not one member of that 11 who started on Saturday who isn't good enough to get a result in a League Two team. So why aren't we getting the results? And why are the lads, the ones under performing (as you all seem to think) getting away scot free and Sammy getting it in the neck?????
As mentioned before, Sammy can't score the goals.
He started the 4-4-2 that all the 'know it alls' were calling for.
Yes as a manager you live and die by your results, but I feel for Sammy because the way the lads play for 90 minutes is out of his hands.
I'll bet Sammy is more frustrated than any of you could even dream to be.
keepthefaith

Postby Lloydie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:53 am

Paul Ince did well at this level with no experience so can't see any reason why Jimbo couldn't do a good job....
Lloydie

Postby ezz » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:38 pm

Boring thread, kids always throw their tantrum first.
Saying that must be the first time they've seen our club doing poorly in the league.
Get over it, fed up after half of one bad season, time to find out how to support your club when it needs it the most.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:40 pm

Lloydie wrote:Paul Ince did well at this level with no experience so can't see any reason why Jimbo couldn't do a good job....

good players will have signed for Ince because they know he played for Man Utd rather like someone else I could mention. Maybe we should remember that !

Jim is a Morecambe legend but that wouldn't cut the mustard when it comes to luring good players from other clubs.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:22 pm

What a job eh? In "our" real world can you imagine seeing the job you have done successfully for the last few years being touted around on the internet to replace YOU! I wonder what YOU would feel like ?

Part of the game I suppose :?
marky No.1

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:04 pm

marky No.1 wrote:What a job eh? In "our" real world can you imagine seeing the job you have done successfully for the last few years being touted around on the internet to replace YOU! I wonder what YOU would feel like ?

Submit your cv

after all what do we have to lose ;) :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:09 pm

I can't even add up! We would end up with 15 players on the pitch!! :lol:
marky No.1

Postby marky » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:22 pm

marky No.1 wrote:What a job eh? In "our" real world can you imagine seeing the job you have done successfully for the last few years being touted around on the internet to replace YOU! I wonder what YOU would feel like ?

As a civil servant, I've had months and months of politicians, journalists and the general public playing fast and loose with my job. There are very few people in this country who won't at least have an opinion on the Prime Minister or Jobcentre Plus staff. Sammy McIlroy happens to work in a very public role within the entertainment industry (which football now is). Stands to reason that the customers of his employer will have an opinion on his performance in the job. In ye olde days, discussions were had on the terraces, in the pubs or at home. The internet now means people have more accessible but still exactly the same types of conversations and discussions. It is just part of being football manager.
marky

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:30 pm

Yep it is now a double whammy for Sammy as it is not just the internet, house, pub or street but also in the W&L suite toilets, the supermarket and the hairdressers!!
marky No.1

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:39 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Yep it is now a double whammy for Sammy as it is not just the internet, house, pub or street but also in the W&L suite toilets, the supermarket and the hairdressers!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ITS the way ya tell em :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Dysie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Trawling through some of this 'dross', I keep reading that lack of goals is a problem (obvious if you score less than the opposition during the match!). However studying the L2 table tonight I note that out of the 'bottom 10' with 22 scored it's the highest .... So who do we blame ... management, defenders or the Globe? No, it's now a confidence factor. The players will feel the fans haven't got any and this transmits on to the field. Hence why we lose @ home to Lincoln & Crewe whilst inbetween getting a creditable draw at Cheltenham. Some fans aren't happy unless they've a scapegoat or two to blame it on. Get real, MFC circa '1970-'88 WAS BAD (save the odd good season & the FAT in '74) and others I could mention but a life times support takes some narrative!!
Dysie

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:07 pm

Dysie wrote:Trawling through some of this 'dross'narrative!!

You wouldn't be a shrimp without a good trawl ;)
marky No.1

Previous

Return to General Discussion