Sammy - Stay or go?

Sammy - Stay or go?

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:54 am

heysham_mfc

Re: Sammy - Stay or go?

Postby essex_shrimp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:03 am

Sammy Mac will stay I just can not see him getting sacked or walking away from his job.
essex_shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:21 am

essex_shrimp wrote:Sammy Mac will stay I just can not see him getting sacked or walking away from his job.

I have to agree with you that he will not walk. As for being sacked? For me, this weekends game could be crucial. Assuming we get some kind of result then I think he will stay with the blessing of the Board. Loose and maybe the Board will have to weigh up the situation in light of falling gates and the investment made in the new stadium which couldn't be allowed to house a Conf club.

For me getting out of the Conf again would be harder this time around than staying in the League.

Although SV's is the mouth piece of only a small percentage of fans views, interestingly the number expressing continued confidence in the manager is relatively few. It could be of course that the silent majority continue to have faith in the manager......

I just want what is best for the survival of our club as a League club and if that means a change, then so be it!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby essex_shrimp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:27 am

C.C

Sorry I know Morecambe site Morecambe talk.

But I go on Charlton Athletic forums and remember 90% of fans wanting our manager sacked and worse after the 4-0 home defeat to Brighton.

But we had no cash just gelled as a team and 5 league games late went from 14th to second place in league one.

Surly Morecambe can do the same With Sammy Mac?

I think next game bring in Bentley and play Spencer again up front if it is 4-5-1 formation? yes or no
essex_shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:28 am

Christies Child wrote:
essex_shrimp wrote:Sammy Mac will stay I just can not see him getting sacked or walking away from his job.

I have to agree with you that he will not walk.

He has already offered to go once this season
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby keepthefaith » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:35 am

.....and if the rumours in the other threads are to believed the powers that be at the club managed to talk him out of it.
Hardly going to do that, and then sack him a month later?
Knee-jerk reactions aren't what is needed here.
The team and Sammy need to dig deep, pull together, and drag Morecambe FC out of this position and up the league. Consistency, determination, dedication to the cause, and a bit of luck and we will be ok I'm sure of it.
Keep the faith
keepthefaith

Postby broadwayshrimp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:49 am

Christies Child wrote:For me getting out of the Conf again would be harder this time around than staying in the League.

If we got relegated I'm not sure we would get out of the Conference for a very long time, if at all. There are so many ex league teams down there at the moment, many far bigger than us, who are struggling to make an impact and I can't see why we would be any better than them.

For now we should forget about any slim chance of going on a run and making the play offs. We are currently in a relegation battle and the aim must be to stay in league 2. Unfortunately all this speculation about Sammy's future must be unsettling to everyone at the club and cannot be helping. Until we know differently lets get behind the manager and players to help turn this around. There is still over half the season to go. If it doesn't happen then I'm sure the board will take appropriate action.
broadwayshrimp

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:04 pm

keepthefaith wrote:.....and if the rumours in the other threads are to believed the powers that be at the club managed to talk him out of it.Hardly going to do that, and then sack him a month later?
Knee-jerk reactions aren't what is needed here.
The team and Sammy need to dig deep, pull together, and drag Morecambe FC out of this position and up the league. Consistency, determination, dedication to the cause, and a bit of luck and we will be ok I'm sure of it.
Keep the faith

Rumours indeed..... :?: :?: :?:

I'm sure I'm not alone in not hearing about this until this weekends postings.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:36 pm

To me it looks like he's lost a bit of passion this season and it seems to be rubbing off on the players. He needs to re-gain his confidence along with the players and get their arses in gear, we all know what they are capable of. Time they showed it to be honest
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Morecambe Jack » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:06 pm

There are a number of people who are desperate to see that back of Sammy and have never been fully behind him after the Harvey saga. Its laughable that people think Mark Lillis is the answer when he is part of the management team anyway. Those who want Jimbo, with no experience, need to look at what that could mean. Do we really want Jimbo to take on all the pressure of having to keep us in this league? What if he took us down? It would be heart-breaking. I fully believe Jim Bentley will make a fantastic manager and anticipate he will manage us one day but he is certainly not ready yet and says himself that he is very much focused on playing still.

Sammy has a proven record and has overachieved with us in the last 3 seasons. Every season he has to pick up freebies that have been released by other clubs (usually in this division) and is expected by everyone on here to have signed world-beaters? Most people on here agreed that this was our best squad at the start of the season so Sammy will be just as disappointed as us that some of them are severely underachieving.

CC I pulled you up a couple of weeks ago for suggesting that Sammy be a little less animated on the touchline. Now he is doing just that, he isnt being animated enough for some other people! It just shows he can't do anything right for some people.

So yeah, I am behind Sammy still, but moreso behind the board who I know will make the right judgements for this club.

In the meantime, us in the MBW need to step the vocals up a gear next home game against Port Vale because its gonna be a tough one!
Morecambe Jack

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:18 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:There are a number of people who are desperate to see that back of Sammy and have never been fully behind him after the Harvey saga. Its laughable that people think Mark Lillis is the answer when he is part of the management team anyway. Those who want Jimbo, with no experience, need to look at what that could mean. Do we really want Jimbo to take on all the pressure of having to keep us in this league? What if he took us down? It would be heart-breaking. I fully believe Jim Bentley will make a fantastic manager and anticipate he will manage us one day but he is certainly not ready yet and says himself that he is very much focused on playing still.

Sammy has a proven record and has overachieved with us in the last 3 seasons. Every season he has to pick up freebies that have been released by other clubs (usually in this division) and is expected by everyone on here to have signed world-beaters? Most people on here agreed that this was our best squad at the start of the season so Sammy will be just as disappointed as us that some of them are severely underachieving.

CC I pulled you up a couple of weeks ago for suggesting that Sammy be a little less animated on the touchline. Now he is doing just that, he isnt being animated enough for some other people! It just shows he can't do anything right for some people.

So yeah, I am behind Sammy still, but moreso behind the board who I know will make the right judgements for this club.

In the meantime, us in the MBW need to step the vocals up a gear next home game against Port Vale because its gonna be a tough one!

Sorry to have to say this but the vocal support of the MBW in recent weeks has been very poor. In fact Block C patrons at times are more vocal and there are less of them!

It's when the lads who we ALL support are trying to get back into a game that they need the MBW's vocal support even more. For some strange reason it's sadly the opposite at times. :shock:
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:12 pm

i think SM got it wrong in the summer i said on here a few times with last seasons 4th place finish that i dont wont to see wholesale changes to the team that had great team spirit and that we only needed a couple of good signings in addition

now SM got rid of two players who played with passion and part of that spirit in Artell & Curtis although they weren't everyone's cup of team with some sv's saying there not good enough and that we need to move forward and not live in the past but! id say we are now missing them

although one thing in the summer what we were all in agreement with was that SM needed to sign another Striker and that the team lacked pace! he didn't/hasn't addressed that problem now we are paying for these decisions :cry:
George Dawes

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:14 pm

A friend of mine has asked Peter Miguigan and he said that he is 'safe' and has until the end of the season at least.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:35 pm

The poll speaks for itself! Make or break on Saturday. Without trying to sound like an X Factor contestant :lol:
Sammy h

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:42 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:A friend of mine has asked Peter Miguigan and he said that he is 'safe' and has until the end of the season at least.

That's a relief to hear that Peter is 'safe'....... ;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:43 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Matty the Shrimp wrote:A friend of mine has asked Peter Miguigan and he said that he is 'safe' and has until the end of the season at least.

That's a relief to hear that Peter is 'safe'....... ;) ;) ;)

an interesting spelling of Peter's surname.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Not really sure why i bother.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Sammy h » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:50 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Not really sure why i bother.

Go away then.
Sammy h

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:55 pm

ok boss :roll:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Return to General Discussion