Sammy Reaction To Crewe Defeat - Listen Here

Sammy Reaction To Crewe Defeat - Listen Here

Postby The Bay » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:43 pm

The Bay's Goalzone - Saturday's 2-6pm & Tuesday's 7-10pm - Interviews & All The Action
http://www.thebay.co.uk
FOLLOW THE SHOW ON TWITTER - @dpsalmon or @TheBayGoalzone
The Bay

Re: Sammy Reaction To Crewe Defeat - Listen Here

Postby Sammy h » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Best football we have played all season...
Sammy h

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:38 pm

Listening to that, all I can say is:

For f**ks sake, almost everbody who knows anything about Donaldson knows he has pace... :!: .

'Don't blame me'.....that sounded very defensive :o

Getting rather heated by the sounds of it....Pressure getting to the manager :?:

'Since August 7th'.....nearly 4 months to get it right..... :(
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:40 pm

For f**ks sake, almost everbody who knows anything about Donaldson knows he has pace... .

yeah good point he is the best center forward i have seen in L2

so why not have start Parrish in the center of defence if he knew McCready would struggle with pace

SLACK is a word what springs to mind
George Dawes

Postby marky » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:47 pm

The man also seems to be struggling with the concept of scoring goals to win matches. Keeps going on and on about defensive problems but I'm sorry, yet again yesterday we had 19 shots on goal and only managed to score one. That is our main problem and until Sammy acknowledges it, we will continue to struggle.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:56 pm

marky wrote:The man also seems to be struggling with the concept of scoring goals to win matches. Keeps going on and on about defensive problems but I'm sorry, yet again yesterday we had 19 shots on goal and only managed to score one. That is our main problem and until Sammy acknowledges it, we will continue to struggle.

Getting him to admit that he could be wrong would be a miracle.

The way he responds to fans doesn't say much. And why have the 'Meet the Manager' evenings died a death? Surely a superb way for all MBW regulars to taste the excellence of the Wright and Lord suite?

Could it be that he doesn't want to foster relations with the fans?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:05 pm

His interviews make a blindingly obvious he has no love for the fans of the fooball club he manages. Gets a dig in at every opportunity. Now some would say that given fans have a go at him all the time, maybe he should be allowed to give it back. However, that's utter bollocks. In any line of work, the opinions of your customers (in his case, us lot) have to be respected even if you don't agree. I get people blaming "immigrants" for the fact they can't find work all the time but there's no point me turning round and telling them they are talking utter crap because that's just counter-productive. By all means, say what you think in private but in the entertainment industry especially, turn on the punters and they will quickly turn on you.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby N Saban » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:39 pm

The thing that i am finding the most worrying is that sammy blatently has no answers for the position we find ourselves in. he brought in yet another defender and changed the back four again which can't help cut out the mistakes. he said in his programme notes he was pleased to have brought charnock in who would be comfortable playing right back and then he played him centre half with hunter going back to right back???????? why?

IMO the back four should be Charnock (RB) Bentley as the leader (CB) Parrish (CB) who has the pace to cover jimbo and Wilson (LB) this is the best back four we have and barring injuries win lose or draw for the next four games should be played week in week out. that will sort out the mistakes sammy because the players will build an understanding !!!!!
N Saban

Postby Keith » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:44 pm

N Saban wrote:IMO the back four should be Charnock (RB) Bentley as the leader (CB) Parrish (CB) who has the pace to cover jimbo and Wilson (LB) this is the best back four we have and barring injuries win lose or draw for the next four games should be played week in week out. that will sort out the mistakes sammy because the players will build an understanding !!!!!

I was about to post something similar. I'd play Jimbo because his influence is huge and that is one of issues that are facing us at the moment. I'm a huge fan of Barry but I'm not a fan of goal keepers as captain.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby N Saban » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:03 pm

Me neither Keith. Roche sets his example on the pitch week in week out and to expect him to influnce the game in any other way from his own 18 yard box is unfair! at The moment we need leaders all over the pitch! Bentley at the back is just the start. Sammy needs to recognise Bentley is the only one who can do that and when parrish has a season alongside him next season he can take over that role!! drummond needed healy to turn him into the player he was parrish needs bentley to turn him into the next morecambe leader!
N Saban

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:12 pm

Mark took over the touchline yesterday with Jim jumping up to spur them on. Sammy did seem to take a back seat for most of the game.
crewetouchline.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby N Saban » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:20 pm

If we can't get Coleman from accy I'm in favour of Bentley as manager with lillis as his assistant! Bentley is Mr Morecambe!!
N Saban

Postby Crooky MFC » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:38 pm

One word, Jimbo.
Crooky MFC

Postby sandgrown » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:15 pm

quite simply but for Roche it could have been 0-6 before we scored, Stanley had to carry the whole midfield himself, Drumonds link play badly missed, Brown totally inefective.
sandgrown

Postby alwaysright » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:28 pm

If we dont get a favourable result at Hereford just how much longer will the board put up with the manager, surely they will have to do something soon ???
alwaysright

Postby Pobble » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:03 am

[b]Just listened to the interview, the man talks total CRAP.

GET RID
[/b]
Pobble

Postby essex_shrimp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:07 am

Coleman of Accrington did he not sign a new contract , and Had Lincoin City lnterested in him When Chris Sutton left as manager at Lincoin City? :ugeek:
essex_shrimp

Postby Bryan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:21 am

According to the manager we've had like 4 months of 'bad luck'. Every press conference is the same. Not really. For most of this season we've looked clueless. Donaldson? We all know how fast he is. Well apart from the manager. McCready? Still don't think he's any better than Artell who should have been Captain elect after Jimbo stepped upstairs. He is at Crewe because Gradi knows he needs a leader to marshall/father his young protoges. Then there is the Moss saga. And it goes on and on.

Yes we played well at times against Crewe. But defensively, without the ball, it was awful. Can't even do the basics right now and the manager has to take some blame for that. What are the management doing if we can't even set up the side simply to defend across the whole team? We've done it, before so why not now?
Bryan

Return to General Discussion