Completley and utterly lost the faith.

Completley and utterly lost the faith.

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:02 pm

I highly doubt i'll be going to another Morecambe match this season. Don't see the point, its a waste of time and money.
I don't care if we lose, draw or win. Thats not what my problem is. Its the whole concept of the new stadium being 'better' and just not having a good time at the game like i used to.
I get all worked up about going to the football to be let down and just have a generally shite day. Both on and off the pitch is pretty dire so whats the point in even turning up any more?

Most people will know i usually am positive and even when we have played badly and everyone is slating i will try and find the positives but today its different. Not even going to bother.
Even if we started an amazing winning streak i doubt i would be encouraged to come. Thats how i feel at the moment. Just completley and utterly down at the moment.

The thing thats really getting me down is that i have completley lost all my passion towards football. I don't care about anything that goes on it anymore. Its just doesn't interest me. I don't know if this is just a spur of the moment thing or if this is it now.
I don't know. I'm just really peeved at the moment. Maybe in time i might get back into football. I have never felt like this about football in general before. :(
Last edited by Matty the Shrimp on Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Re: Completley and utterly lost the faith.

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:14 pm

Can understand your frustration especially the lack of entertainment from our team at the moment.

All I would say is that by not attending the games as you appear to be contemplating you are voicing your opinion in a way that hurts the club financially; not any individual, who may or may not be ultimately responsible.

'Keep the Faith' is often quoted. In this case it seems more than appropriate.

Whatever you choose to do....enjoy....whilst I and many others will continue to support and suffer (some in silence ;) ) until things change.

Bloody hell, a pig has just flown past our windows! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:30 pm

winning steak :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:36 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:Even if we started an amazing winning steak (

You would be quite happy if it came with award winning chips I bet! :lol:

It can't be that bad surely :o There are books on the menopause if you are having trouble dealing with it ;)

Do you still watch football on the T.V.?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:39 pm

another trip to wembley in next years playoffs :?:

wows that for glass half full :lol:

yeah
mrpotatohead

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:00 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Matty the Shrimp wrote:Even if we started an amazing winning steak (

You would be quite happy if it came with award winning chips I bet! :lol:

It can't be that bad surely :o There are books on the menopause if you are having trouble dealing with it ;)

Do you still watch football on the T.V.?

Nope and I won't be. I'm not interested in football at all anymore. Its really strange, I never thought i would end up like this!
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:43 pm

Matty I posted something similar a few weeks back since moving to the new ground I just don't enjoy going to games anymore, so it's not just you I think a lot of people are feeling the same.

For me the Globe just hasn't replicated the whole match day atmosphere I used to get at Christie Park.

but the football really doesn't help and a few wins would really help matters as it's getting harder and harder to find the motivation at the moment, you can do with playing good football and not liking the ground or vice versa but when you don't enjoy either it's not good.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:36 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Matty I posted something similar a few weeks back since moving to the new ground I just don't enjoy going to games anymore, so it's not just you I think a lot of people are feeling the same.

For me the Globe just hasn't replicated the whole match day atmosphere I used to get at Christie Park.

but the football really doesn't help and a few wins would really help matters as it's getting harder and harder to find the motivation at the moment, you can do with playing good football and not liking the ground or vice versa but when you don't enjoy either it's not good.

The atmosphre at the Globe is awul a lot of people said the MBW stand would be better than the North Stand but it's not stood at the far end (near the north terrace) of the MBW stand yesturday and you could hear Lillis shouting instructions to the team!
heysham_mfc

Postby steve mfc » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:41 pm

Well Matty i don't know how old you are but if this the first time that you have felt like this then i suspect you are probably one of our younger supporters, personally i have felt like that many times over the years.

The only thing i would say to you is don't give up, its the bad times that make the better ones all the more enjoyable, and as far as the ground is concerned well yes we all miss the North Stand but its gone and we need to move on. I'm sure if things were better on the pitch then we wouldn't be thinking backwards to what has gone quite so much, lets be honest there have been plenty of times in the past when the atmosphere was appalling at Christie Park as well.

We do need to get behind the team more vocally than of recent, it isn't easy when results and performances aren't good but its the one and only thing that we can do to help the team on a match day.
steve mfc

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:34 pm

The good times at the end of last season were real highs, and this season has been an incredible anti-climax. Most Morecambe fans will understandably be feeling disappointed and frustrated, I had my moment against Torquay during the second half.

Usually the depression lasts until Monday night or at worst Tuesday when I pluck up enough courage to check the league tables. By Wednesday/Thursday I start to wonder about the next game, and Friday my withered brain begins to sense pie, peas and gravy. Saturday morning if it is a home game I am itching to set off and once inside the stadium full of optimism.

Sometimes when the hook is embedded deep enough you just can't let go. Let's hope that is the way for you with the Shrimps.
Caged Lion

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:58 pm

FFS GET A GRIP

Losing a limb or a family member is reality, footy music sex booze and svs is r and r, chill out, whatever happens this season we have an upgraded stadium, and a reason to moan about the good times at christie, like it was a worthers original toffee or a hovis loaf.
mrpotatohead

Postby MfcChris » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:31 pm

The young teen fans like Matty and those who may have only supported Morecambe the last 4-5 years have had some amazing times and it has been great. So many ups. They are not use to the bad season that teams have. We have been lucky and blessed the last half a decade.

And Matty you said we had plenty of positives and played well against Crewe in another thread.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:02 am

mrpotatohead wrote:...whatever happens this season we have an upgraded stadium...

Aye, but it can only really be an upgrade if all four sides of the stadium are populated.
It must be a bit demoralising for the players playing to only two sides, and for the 'crowd' looking out to completely empty terraces.
And the banter and atmosphere between both sets of supporters is completely lost.
It's not what people pay good money for.
So it's not surprising that otherwise loyal support will dwindle.
Plain Peter

Postby ellandback » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:39 am

Excellent news , one more less in the queue for pies at half time ,,TA-RA
ellandback

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:52 am

ellandback wrote:Excellent news , one more less in the queue for pies at half time ,,TA-RA

Talking of pies I took the gamble and had one this week so went just before kick off when it was quite and the service was good as it was quiet, but my pie was a bit cold in the middle :evil: it wasn't that bad that it was uneatable but prob carry on giving them a miss as they are not that great especially when you can better and cheaper food else where before you get to the ground.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby The Fury » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:07 am

MfcChris wrote:The young teen fans like Matty and those who may have only supported Morecambe the last 4-5 years have had some amazing times and it has been great. So many ups. They are not use to the bad season that teams have. We have been lucky and blessed the last half a decade.

And Matty you said we had plenty of positives and played well against Crewe in another thread.

Half a decade? The way I see it this is the first 'poor' season we've had since 1998/1999. Realistically, we've been spoiled for the best part of two decades!
The Fury

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:25 am

The good times really started under Bryan Griffiths. He signed the key players like John Coleman and the rest of the "famous 5" that were vital players in our promotion from the NPL to the Conference.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby keepthefaith » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:46 am

The whole point of supporting a club is to follow and support them through the good times and the bad. We, as Morecambe fans have been well and truly spoilt this last 10 years or so.
If you are happy to be here to celebrate all the good times we have, then it is a pretty pathectic attitude to have to throw your toys out of the pram when we have a bit of bad fortune.
See you when we go on a winning streak then you glory hunter ;)
keepthefaith

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:16 am

keepthefaith wrote:The whole point of supporting a club is to follow and support them through the good times and the bad. We, as Morecambe fans have been well and truly spoilt this last 10 years or so.
If you are happy to be here to celebrate all the good times we have, then it is a pretty pathectic attitude to have to throw your toys out of the pram when we have a bit of bad fortune.

EXACTLY!!!
marky No.1

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:35 pm

keepthefaith wrote:The whole point of supporting a club is to follow and support them through the good times and the bad. We, as Morecambe fans have been well and truly spoilt this last 10 years or so.

Surely the hope and expection has been there for a long time.
Getting there eventually doesn't mean that Morecambe fans have been spoilt.
We pay our money, and expect don't we?

keepthefaith wrote:If you are happy to be here to celebrate all the good times we have, then it is a pretty pathectic attitude to have to throw your toys out of the pram when we have a bit of bad fortune.

If it was just about performance on the pitch and getting results then I'd agree with you, but it ain't.
There are loads of issues, football related and outside of the game, that might be putting doubt into the minds of loyal fans as to whether they can maintain that loyalty.

keepthefaith wrote:See you when we go on a winning streak then you glory hunter ;)

Like I said there is more to it than wanting the players to perform well. If someone made your comment to me you'd definately never see me again.
Plain Peter

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:44 pm

Peter wrote:We pay our money, and expect don't we?

Don;t agree with that Peter. I pay my money then hope and pray!
marky No.1

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:54 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Peter wrote:We pay our money, and expect don't we?

Don;t agree with that Peter. I pay my money then hope and pray!

If that motor you've got is a result of your prayers, then they're normally answered ;)
Plain Peter

Postby Keith » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:59 pm

To be fair, I don't think Matty is saying this simply because of results. We've been here before in previous seasons without people losing faith. There are others who are unhappy at the moment, Hodgie posted something similar recently. I was talking to someone who attends games in an 'official capacity' who expressed his feelings of being disilusioned and not enjoying going to games at the moment. I won't name the person, that is entirely up to them if they pass comment to others (or act upon those feelings) but between Hodgie & this person they have 40+ years of supporting the club.

ellandback wrote:Excellent news , one more less in the queue for pies at half time ,,TA-RA

Keep losing fans until the queue is so short that you can be served during the half time period and because they are only selling twenty they should be cooked properly is not the best way to run a business is it? Many people have expressed their frustration at 'the match day experience'. Wouldn't it be preferable to fix the problems, such as serving edible pies in a timley manner, put a cover at the back of the MBW etc, rather than be happy that the number of fans is getting smaller?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Christies Child » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:14 pm

What I'm sure a lot of fans who have had bad experiences at The Globe find upsetting is the lack of comment from any club official. Time after time, complaints about catering for example have been posted but other than a comment from the now departed former Bars Manager(?) there has been a total silence from anybody in an official capacity to even acknowledge that things are being sorted.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Moose » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:17 pm

marky No.1 wrote:

EXACTLY!!!

Spoilt... we have eventually reached a position I have been hoping for every time I paid at the gates of Christie.
Pathetic attitude.... well my pathetic attitude after watching Morecambe for over ten years is being tested.
Bad fortune... yes, suppose so, but, for Crewe as well, they 'could' of had a hat full but didn't... bad fortune - or our fortune?
If we are relegated there will be a hell of a lot of people who will probably stop going. Me being one of them. So it is NOT just kids or glory hunters who are disillusioned at the moment. I have said before on here, I feel the whole day out has altered and am not enjoying it any where near the same and it's not getting any better.
Left early on Saturday for the second time ever. That's actually twice this season.
Moose

Next

Return to General Discussion