What about Will?

What about Will?

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:19 pm

Is Haining injured?
He has recently been playing at right back, but Charnock comes in and he isn't even on the bench.
What must he be thinking? He is a good centre back, maybe he is on his way out in January?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Re: What about Will?

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:28 pm

probably strained his groin again :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:31 pm

Can this thread title be abbreviated to W.A.W.? yeah waw :lol:
Bare Ben

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:33 pm

Possibly.. or fallen out with you know who!
"Son, don't bother this week, you're not required!"

Oh Bare Ben, I could change it to W.O.W.
With Out Will!!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Posh » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:34 pm

Was on his way to Fleetwood on loan allegedly until they found other options.

A great signing for us and has shown quality going forward and in defence. Yet his agent apparently was touting Will around not long after he signed. Sammy unhappy and since totally unused. Hope he can build his career elsewhere or under another manager.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:41 pm

I think Sammy is right to be peed off if Haining's agent has been hawking him around while he is under contract.
He was a member of our back 4 that produced 7 wins in a row and 5 clean sheets in tandem with Dave Artell.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:16 pm

Quality player IMO, and could easily hold his own at League 1 level (as he did with Oldham for many years). Certainly deserves much higher than going on loan to Fleetwood Town (with all due respect to Fleetwood) if what Posh says is true.

Me, I would much rather see him in OUR starting line up week in week out.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby George Dawes » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:44 pm

my strongest back four would be "Parrish Haining Charnock Wilson"

as good as any other defence in L2 on paper
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:52 pm

Posh wrote:Was on his way to Fleetwood on loan allegedly until they found other options.A great signing for us and has shown quality going forward and in defence. Yet his agent apparently was touting Will around not long after he signed. Sammy unhappy and since totally unused. Hope he can build his career elsewhere or under another manager.

IF true and that's a big IF, then for the manager to refuse (?) to pick him possibly because of what an agent has done, STINKS!

When Will signed for us I seem to recall our manager raving about how lucky as a club we were to get somebody with so much quality. Funny how things can change in just over 12 months. For me, he's one of the squad members who could quite easily play in League 1. For him to be offered the chance of football at Fleetwood is a disgrace, even if it were to get him match fit. He deserves a place in the team. Possibly offering protection to our defenders by playing just in front of the back four.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:11 pm

I've heard he has been in discussions with Macclesfield. He is far too good to be sat on our bench. Given our defensive frailties it is rather poor that he has been used so reservedly this season, albeit he has been blighted by little knocks.
RedRedWine1

Postby james456 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:33 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if this agent story is true - it's hard to see why he's not in the team.

When he joined the club, fans of other clubs who knew about him couldn't believe he had signed for us and said he was league 1 quality at least. Ok, he has put in a couple of off performances but is strong in the tackle, has good distribution and is actually quite skillful for a defender (anyone remember his goal v Macclesfield last season?). Should be in the team if fit IMO.
james456

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:39 pm

SO what are all the posts on this subject on about?????????

Is sammy a worthy manager???????????
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Sammy h » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:42 pm

One of the bets defenders at the club, I hope that this isn't true.

Falling out with the manager perhaps?
Sammy h

Postby keepthefaith » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:16 am

You all rave about how good he is..
But, how long of his time at Morecambe has he actually been 100% fit? Constantly seems to be out injured.
Yes he could cut it at League One in the past, but being a few years older, and slower, and after an injury list as long as his arm, it wouldn't surprise me if he couldn't cut it any longer.
Don't blame Sammy for trying to work out a consistent defence partnership, made up of players who actually want to be here - therefore may actually work harder for the club and the cause. (If the rumours you say about his agent are true)
None of us though, know what actually goes on behind the scenes.
Just another excuse to slate the manager it seems.
keepthefaith

Postby essex_shrimp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:24 am

I remember how good of a player he was and surprised this season where he has not really been playing this season.

It is his agents fault ie the Rumours personally I did not believe in rumours.

If he does not want to play for Morecambe this is a weird one because maybe the reason he does not want to play for Morecambe is because if last season letting Dave Artell gone and when Will had him as the defensive partner we were on a roll called winning.

I personally can not see Will and Parrish this season being a defensive partnership (center backs).

Put Parrish in Right back and If Will Haining wants to play for Morecambe prove it by having time on the bench because our new loan signing from Torquay from when I was listening to the game on Bay Radio sounded good :D
essex_shrimp

Return to General Discussion