NOW

Re: NOW

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Sammy h wrote:At the end of the day football is a results business. The league table does not lie. I don't give a monkeys if Sir Mcilroy got us into the league, that was ages ago. We are losing and not getting the results.

Someone let me know when Dave Penney has arrived.

is that the same Dave Penny that failed at Darlington and Oldham.

The only realistic option as a manager signed a 5 year contract at the Crown Ground !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby outsider » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
Sammy h wrote:At the end of the day football is a results business. The league table does not lie. I don't give a monkeys if Sir Mcilroy got us into the league, that was ages ago. We are losing and not getting the results.

The only realistic option as a manager signed a 5 year contract at the Crown Ground !

Then we would get used to 1700 every game
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:19 pm

whatever you think of sammy, he will not resign or be sacked, as our board will not pay him out, and he will not leave a well paid job, lillis will not stab him in the back and be jimbos babysitter, we will not go down as barnet and hereford are shite, if we did go down we would actually have bigger gates as we would be winning and entertaining more.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby MfcChris » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:20 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:whatever you think of sammy, he will not resign or be sacked, as our board will not pay him out, and he will not leave a well paid job, lillis will not stab him in the back and be jimbos babysitter, we will not go down as barnet and hereford are shite, if we did go down we would actually have bigger gates as we would be winning and entertaining more.

Yet we couldn't beat Barnet and the other shite teams. And I can see us only getting a draw at Hereford. We won't beat Northampton away. And I am not confident at Macc after watching that game earlier in the season. Then the first game of 2011 we will lose as we do not beat Accy.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:29 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:whatever you think of sammy, he will not resign or be sacked, as our board will not pay him out, and he will not leave a well paid job, lillis will not stab him in the back and be jimbos babysitter, we will not go down as barnet and hereford are shite, if we did go down we would actually have bigger gates as we would be winning and entertaining more.

you are living in cluckoo land

he will go,sooner than later ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:31 pm

todays attendance was dire, failure breeds more failure, i think the function suite is doing well though, so in january, if we have a few good xmas partys we may buy a striker that can hit a cows arse with a banjo.
mrpotatohead

Postby Matty the Shrimp » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:32 pm

mrpotatohead wrote: hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Sounds a little tricky to me! No wonder we haven't been scoring :lol:
Bring me sunshine...
Matty the Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:37 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:todays attendance was dire

Was surprised when the crowd was announced at that figure. Seriously, I thought it seemed like there were more on than that. Main Stand looked pretty sparse though compared to recent games.

Disappointing figure. Bitterly cold though, and near Christmas.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby wijit » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:39 pm

Financially our board may have no choice. Reduced attendances and poor results lead in only one direction, and that will costs us more than getting rid.
wijit

Postby Muzzer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:45 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:Sammy can't put the goals into the back of the net for us.

he's a bit old to play isnt he?
I can win a game of connect four in three moves ;)
Muzzer

Postby marky » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:55 pm

Well November has been and gone as far as games are concerned and we are in just as precarious a position. Any new manager needs enough time to assess the squad and what he feels we need so there's little point leaving action 'til the end of December. Anything other than a win at the bottom club and Sammy has to go. Plain and simple. He and his assistant are not getting the best squad we've ever had playing to their best ability. Yes, he can't make the players score penalties and get the ball on target (only 5 of 19 shots actually were today) but he and Mark Lillis do the coaching and Sammy has ultimate responsibility for results. Lillis is a number 2 and was a failure when he had a go at management. Jim Bentley is still learning as a coach and simply isn't ready.

Do people seriously not think we could attract applicants of reasonable quality? We have a new ground, we will start to have money and, despite the best efforts of Sammy McIlroy to prove otherwise, we should have good prospects on the pitch too. Today's attendance says it all. People are starting to vote with their feet and we can't afford to as much as risk the drop. Past glories mean nothing, all that matters is results NOW. The clock is ticking.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby MfcChris » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:00 pm

essex_shrimp wrote:Soft Goals away never heard that before? This season that Is If I am not at The Globe then I choose to listen to the managers view of the game .

Sometimes you gotta think are you good enough :oops:

Darren, I have something for you ;)

"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby George Dawes » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:05 pm

am not panicking just yet i feel we can miss fire all season long and still just about avoid relegation
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:52 pm

Matty the Shrimp wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote: hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Sounds a little tricky to me! No wonder we haven't been scoring :lol:

Heard that comment today and it was said it even cost Rooney $1200 to hit a cows arse with a banjo
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:04 am

We might have to re visit that next Sat after the Hereford game.

My only hope is away from home we don't seem to bad .
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:11 am

exactly, and lets be honest most are losing the faith even myself!!!
thegentlegiant

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:20 am

It is not the managers fault that our team is shit

the fault lies with the apathetic town and its small fan base

i would not keep putting money into something that has no customers

i think it is ironic that this board, scorned by some, is viewed by more people than the actual football team.

Why is that :evil:
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:24 am

thegentlegiant wrote:

exactly, and lets be honest most are losing the faith even myself!!!

...and to some of us, it's now a way of life and a habit that is just routine.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:34 am

i think it is ironic that this board, scorned by some, is viewed by more people than the actual football team.

Why is that :evil:

i think i know what your getting at here there is a few sv's on here who work closely with the club who seem to get star-struck by them :?
George Dawes

Postby Posh » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:36 am

mrpotatohead wrote:It is not the managers fault that our team is shit

I don't think the town is apathetic. It's clear from the amount of local football, the number of coaches heading down the motorway to watch Prem and Championship sides that this area is a hotbed of football. As I said on another thread, it hasn't got a small fanbase, for over 1/4 million people we're the nearest Football League they've got and for big games we've had no problem selling out the home sections - York, Ipswich, Dagenham, Aldershot etc. However more needs to be done to convert these potential fans into regulars and it's not happening. Diminishing the offering and increasing the prices for the ordinary supporter won't have helped.

The manger does have to take responsibilty for poor performance. Every season Sammy is given a load of money to spend and a bigger budget than most sides in League 2, thank to the Chairman's funds (we even got an embargo because we spent too much). He then comes cap in hand for more players, more loans, more deals because what he bought in the first places wasn't good enough. He's becoming the Benitez of League 2, a few dazzling stars but mainly tosh bought, losing many of the best ones and then having bust ups with those that do stay.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:50 am

Posh wrote:
mrpotatohead wrote:It is not the managers fault that our team is shit

I don't think the town is apathetic. It's clear from the amount of local football, the number of coaches heading down the motorway to watch Prem and Championship sides that this area is a hotbed of football. As I said on another thread, it hasn't got a small fanbase, for over 1/4 million people we're the nearest Football League they've got and for big games we've had no problem selling out the home sections - York, Ipswich, Dagenham, Aldershot etc. However more needs to be done to convert these potential fans into regulars and it's not happening. Diminishing the offering and increasing the prices for the ordinary supporter won't have helped.

The manger does have to take responsibilty for poor performance. Every season Sammy is given a load of money to spend and a bigger budget than most sides in League 2, thank to the Chairman's funds (we even got an embargo because we spent too much). He then comes cap in hand for more players, more loans, more deals because what he bought in the first places wasn't good enough. He's becoming the Benitez of League 2, a few dazzling stars but mainly tosh bought, losing many of the best ones and then having bust ups with those that do stay.

In other words Michael 'it's time for a change'...... :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:06 am

as frustrating as it is to watch i still think SM is just about capable of getting us going and out of this mess to a respectable mid-table finish

i know i can be quiet vocal about his selections & tactics a lot of the time but one quality SM & ML have got is pulling power with attracting players

all SM needs to do some shrewd busness in the next transfer window and get some pacey mofos in the team
George Dawes

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:07 am

Its a results driven business, and we are not getting results,I will be amazed if sammy is around if we lose next saturday, liilis is not the answer, nor is benley at the moment, colin hendry is not working at the moment, he could team up with jimbo and freshen things up.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:17 am

DawZi wrote:as frustrating as it is to watch i still think SM is just about capable of getting us going and out of this mess to a respectable mid-table finish

i know i can be quiet vocal about his selections & tactics a lot of the time but one quality SM & ML have got is pulling power with attracting players

all SM needs to do some shrewd busness in the next transfer window and get some pacey mofos in the team

.....his success in the transfer market is not that encouraging. Take a look at who he signed during the close season and only McCreedy is a regular.

Short term signing Brown seems to have developed a policy of 'pass' instead of 'shooting' which he was doing on a regular basis (and with some success) up until yesterday. It's almost as if he was under instructions to pass rather than have a pop.
Christies Child

Postby Sammy h » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:22 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

The same one that took Doncaster through the leagues.
Sammy h

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion